Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    New TV Guide today, and SG-1 and Atlantis are both mentioned in the Friday highlights. Looks like we'll get to see the Science of Stargate special, too. I'll put it in a spoiler, since it talks about both season premieres.

Spoiler:

I'll refrain from commenting since I'm trying to stay positive.

NC
    Thanks and
    Spoiler:
    at least she's in the front....trying to stay positive too.

Comment

New TV Guide today, and SG-1 and Atlantis are both mentioned in the Friday highlights. Looks like we'll get to see the Science of Stargate special, too. I'll put it in a spoiler, since it talks about both season premieres.

Spoiler:

NC
      Spoiler:
      WOOOW!

sam is acknowledged! sam is shown! and even when they mention mitchell, sam's in there too! (they make it sound like she's important to the actual plot!)

it's nice to see sam/amanda being acknowledged!!!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

NC
        Spoiler:
        Well we knew someone had to get Sam out of there, the odds were (unfortuenately) it would be Cam , still don't know how you get someone who is outside, inside a F302(?) Hmmm me thinks the writers will be pulling something out of their collective a$$es
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          Spoiler:
          Well we knew someone had to get Sam out of there, the odds were (unfortuenately) it would be Cam , still don't know how you get someone who is outside, inside a F302(?) Hmmm me thinks the writers will be pulling something out of their collective a$$es

Has to be
          Spoiler:
          Asgard beaming tech along with the handy dandy lojack that Sam has implanted.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            after watching all these sam vids... does anyone have any links to non shippy ones? as an s/j shipper, i've seen them ALL , so i'd like to see something different.

(absolutely loved that replicarter one)

sally
            I have some links to some Carter vids here - but I think you've probably already seen them all.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              I have some links to some Carter vids here - but I think you've probably already seen them all.

thanks, astro!

i'm not sure i've seen them all, but i'll sure enjoy finding out.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Dancer, I don't know if you've had a chance to get to the Anti S9 thread yet. But seeing that your here, this is the link.

http://moon-catchin.net/gatenoise/

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Here is my Top 10 non-ship-related requirements for Sam in Season 10. 10 for 10 donchaknow:

1. Sam MUST blow something up. And because we've had such a drought of Sam/Kaboom, it better be BIG.

2. Sam MUST get into a hand-to-hand sequence of some sort and beat the crap outta someone/something. Or better yet, SEVERAL someones/somethings.

3. Sam MUST MacGyver some sort of alien technology.

4. Sam MUST experience a big, bad owie of some kind. Bleeding preferred.

5. Sam MUST get into a snarkfest with Vala. Period. She snarked with McKay...could have shot Jack down countless times but didn't because she's too dang respectful of rules and ranks...and I want to see her and Vala really irritate the crap out of each other. Not all the time of course. I want them to be friends. Good friends. GREAT friends. Opposites attract, and all that. But the funny thing about opposites is that they have THE best fights.

6. Sam MUST fly something. After that tease in Covenant, I'm craving more.

7. Sam MUST lead a rescue mission of some sort like she did in Icon and Stronghold. Way cool. But this time, if one of her team goes out on his own and does his hero!man thing, she'd better whump him a bit...either verbally or physically. Or BOTH.

8. Sam MUST put some whingy diplomat in his/her place like she did to the French guy and to Woolsey. Like she has time to coddle a bunch of politicians because they want her to make them feel better. SHyeah.

9. Sam MUST figure out some way to bring Fraiser back to our reality. Period. Some Fraiser...somehow. I don't care. If Daniel can get all glowy when he dies and returns like nothing happened, so can she.

10. Sam MUST increase her body count from last year. It was just pathetic. You have a P-90 strapped to your chest, sweetheart, and it's not there to support your bust.

Love the list! How can the green jello fridge be locked at a time like this? Take some virtual blue jello instead.
                  I asked "Bam Bam" about Action Sam a while back, but said he hadn't worked with AT on any good hand to hand scenes. Still, I hope that element on your list comes true. As with all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                    <rocking>must resist the numbers...must resist the models...must resist the numbers...must resist the models... ga--!

FACTOR I: VOCATIONAL
                    51% military
                    49% scientist

FACTOR II: SOCIAL-ADDITUDINAL
                    36% ironical, wry, cynical
                    43% geeky
                    21% companionability/comradeship (display of)
                    ......</rocking>

FACTOR III:
                    100% HOT!!
                    You know you have her attributes running at 300% right?

Wow...and I thought my math was bad. *snerkle*

Maybe she got the extra 200% from AU Sams who didn't need it anymore.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                      <rocking>must resist the numbers...must resist the models...must resist the numbers...must resist the models... ga--!
                      You can do it

FACTOR I: VOCATIONAL
                      51% military
                      49% scientist

FACTOR II: SOCIAL-ADDITUDINAL
                      36% ironical, wry, cynical
                      43% geeky
                      21% companionability/comradeship (display of)
                      ......</rocking>

FACTOR III:
                      100% HOT!!
                      sizzling!
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        You know you have her attributes running at 300% right?
                        Those are three factors, oob!
                        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Love the list! How can the green jello fridge be locked at a time like this? Take some virtual blue jello instead.
                          I asked "Bam Bam" about Action Sam a while back, but said he hadn't worked with AT on any good hand to hand scenes. Still, I hope that element on your list comes true. As with all of them.
                          I remember that but that was pre-Sam's return for Season 9. And since Amanda was running on empty emotionally and physically, I had no problem with them taking it easy on her.

Now that she's done the mom thing for a year and has a system in place and is back FULL TIME (thank goodness), I want some scenes, baby.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                            I think Sam still needs to feel out the situation with Landry a bit more. I always thought that Jacob and George knew each other from way back. And if they knew each other, then Sam certainly would know him. Sam would absolutely trust and respect Hammond. And getting transferred from the Pentagon to serve under his command must've been thrilling. First, she gets to travel through the Gate, which she was a part of figuring out and then she gets to serve with Hammond. Double bonus.
                            Although in Season 1, I don't think Jacob was in the mix as far as writing & what we knew as the audience, and Sam and Hammond still had a good relationship. He respected her abilities and she and the rest of the team came to see him as an excellent commander. Was it in Enigma that Jack said "you're a good man General" or words to that effect?

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                              Those are three factors, oob!
                              LOL I know, scari.

That was my lame attempt at humor.

"Attempt" being the keyword there.

Comment

I ran averages of the %'s that folks posted, and here are the results:

58% MiliS, 25% SciSam, 8% FunSam, 8% FriendSam, 1% PersSam, ÜberSG-1Fan
                                45% MiliS, 30% SciSam, 10% FunSam, 10% FriendSam, 5% PersSam, ChevronSeven
                                50% MiliS, 25% SciSam, 15% FunSam, 8.75% FriendSam, 1.25% PersSam, dancer of spaz
                                45% MiliS, 30% SciSam, 10% FunSam, 7.50% FriendSam, 7.50% PersSam, majorsal
                                50% MiliS, 20% SciSam, 10% FunSam, 10% FriendSam, 10% PersSam, Replicartertje
                                55% MiliS, 30% SciSam, 5% FunSam, 5% FriendSam, 5% PersSam, astrogeologist

50.5% MiliS, 26.67% SciSam, 9.67% FunSam, 8.21% FriendSam, 4.96% PersSam, AVERAGES

Comment

Working...
                                X