No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after watching all these sam vids... does anyone have any links to non shippy ones? as an s/j shipper, i've seen them ALL , so i'd like to see something different.

(absolutely loved that replicarter one)

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Oh I forgot to mention another thing I'd love to be explored a bit more. Her relationship with Landry.

I mean, she loved Hammond. She trusted and respected him. Then with O'Neill (ship stuff aside), she knew how he worked and trusted him implicitly.

But what about Landry? She's sure to know that he's friends with Jack but that doesn't necessarily mean that she really likes him. So far, she's treated him like any generic superior officer. Like she treated Bauer before she realized he was a creep or Elizabeth before she saw her stand up to Kinsey.

In other words, there is no specific special dynamic between her and Landry right now. I'd like there to be one.

Maybe she's secretly irked about the command structure for the team. Maybe he does something she thinks is too politically motivated. Maybe she does something he doesn't approve of and smacks her down or something.

What I'm saying, is that we've seen her work in scenarios where she had it all good. A great CO and a great SGC commander. What if now she's forced into a situation where things AREN'T so great? While she had that temporarily with Bauer, it'd be cool if it weren't so temporary.

This would be ESPECIALLY cool since he's Jack's friend. It'd be cool to see her in a situation where she was at odds with Landry...where we have to watch her bite her tongue to swallow that snarky comeback that's DYING to come out.
      I thought that we would've gotten an opportunity to see that, too, considering both AT and BB spoke highly of their desires to explore that dynamic. I believe it was discussed before the second half of S9... But then we never heard about it again, and nothing really suggests we'll see that next season, either. I still have hope! I'm just wondering if maybe Landry's purpose on the show is to be the one character who supports Mitchell, without batting an eye and without question. He seems to really have a relationship with Mitchell, and only Mitchell, and BB Squared both mentioned that that dynamic will continue to blossom next season.

They needlessly took away one father figure, and have now given the new one to the new character. Still... I have hope that they'll at least write a couple of scenes between the two characters/actors. It'd certainly be nice if Landry had the same kind of trust in the other members of SG-1 as he seems to in Cameron.

Comment

Hi all. Amanda is like 1600 votes in the lead. We now need to support RDA so they will be at the top together.
        Also the show is near the top and may be we can also get SG 1 at the top.
        What a coup.

Joanne

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention another thing I'd love to be explored a bit more. Her relationship with Landry.

I mean, she loved Hammond. She trusted and respected him. Then with O'Neill (ship stuff aside), she knew how he worked and trusted him implicitly.

But what about Landry? She's sure to know that he's friends with Jack but that doesn't necessarily mean that she really likes him. So far, she's treated him like any generic superior officer. Like she treated Bauer before she realized he was a creep or Elizabeth before she saw her stand up to Kinsey.

In other words, there is no specific special dynamic between her and Landry right now. I'd like there to be one.

Maybe she's secretly irked about the command structure for the team. Maybe he does something she thinks is too politically motivated. Maybe she does something he doesn't approve of and smacks her down or something.

What I'm saying, is that we've seen her work in scenarios where she had it all good. A great CO and a great SGC commander. What if now she's forced into a situation where things AREN'T so great? While she had that temporarily with Bauer, it'd be cool if it weren't so temporary.

This would be ESPECIALLY cool since he's Jack's friend. It'd be cool to see her in a situation where she was at odds with Landry...where we have to watch her bite her tongue to swallow that snarky comeback that's DYING to come out.

I think Sam still needs to feel out the situation with Landry a bit more. I always thought that Jacob and George knew each other from way back. And if they knew each other, then Sam certainly would know him. Sam would absolutely trust and respect Hammond. And getting transferred from the Pentagon to serve under his command must've been thrilling. First, she gets to travel through the Gate, which she was a part of figuring out and then she gets to serve with Hammond. Double bonus.

With Jack, it's all about the trust and respect factor. With the 'ship aside, Sam's gone through hell and back with this man and there's no one at the SGC that she trusts more than him in a military capactiy. Sure, she trusts Daniel and Teal'c, but there's a different level of respect and trust that she has for Jack.

I don't know if we'll ever get that comfortablility with Landry that we saw with Hammond and O'Neill. Right now, it just doesn't feel right. Kind of like Landry is still feeling his way around the SGC. I mean, that's no ordinary type of assignment. And Sam was still trying to reassociate herself with a new teammate (or two) and getting back into a combat role.

Of course, Season Nine was a one-step-forward; four-steps-back season with the writing and plots and so on.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Hey! O, Brilliant One! I was talking about ChevronSeven's percentages!

I didn't know you'd posted them as well. Probably should've used quotes.

And yes, for all of the butt she's kicked, Carter deserves a fraction for other purposes. Like squeezing.

ETA My Percentages:

50% Military Sam

25% Science Sam

15% Friendship Sam

8.75% Snarky/Funny Sam

1.25% Personal Sam
            Hey I started it. LOL

I like your percentages too. I'd be willing to sacrifice FixitScienceGeek Sam points for more FriendshippyMoments Sam.

ETA: Thanks for publicly acknowledging my genius. *cheesy grin*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              [quote-foreversg1]

Just tripping down memory lane and looking for a "strong Sam". Look what I found from our very talented ForeverSg1...

Spoiler:

Woot! Wonderful Kat!

Comment

Hey I started it. LOL

I like your percentages too. I'd be willing to sacrifice FixitScienceGeek Sam points for more FriendshippyMoments Sam.
                You did? Whoops!

OK, so I'd be willing to even out the Scientist and the Friend to 20-20, if it means that Soldier stays at a steady 50%.

The things I'm willing to sacrifice for a little chitchat between her and the guys (oh, and Vala!).

Comment

Here is my Top 10 non-ship-related requirements for Sam in Season 10. 10 for 10 donchaknow:

1. Sam MUST blow something up. And because we've had such a drought of Sam/Kaboom, it better be BIG.

2. Sam MUST get into a hand-to-hand sequence of some sort and beat the crap outta someone/something. Or better yet, SEVERAL someones/somethings.

3. Sam MUST MacGyver some sort of alien technology.

4. Sam MUST experience a big, bad owie of some kind. Bleeding preferred.

5. Sam MUST get into a snarkfest with Vala. Period. She snarked with McKay...could have shot Jack down countless times but didn't because she's too dang respectful of rules and ranks...and I want to see her and Vala really irritate the crap out of each other. Not all the time of course. I want them to be friends. Good friends. GREAT friends. Opposites attract, and all that. But the funny thing about opposites is that they have THE best fights.

6. Sam MUST fly something. After that tease in Covenant, I'm craving more.

7. Sam MUST lead a rescue mission of some sort like she did in Icon and Stronghold. Way cool. But this time, if one of her team goes out on his own and does his hero!man thing, she'd better whump him a bit...either verbally or physically. Or BOTH.

8. Sam MUST put some whingy diplomat in his/her place like she did to the French guy and to Woolsey. Like she has time to coddle a bunch of politicians because they want her to make them feel better. SHyeah.

9. Sam MUST figure out some way to bring Fraiser back to our reality. Period. Some Fraiser...somehow. I don't care. If Daniel can get all glowy when he dies and returns like nothing happened, so can she.

10. Sam MUST increase her body count from last year. It was just pathetic. You have a P-90 strapped to your chest, sweetheart, and it's not there to support your bust.

Great list, Ooober...

Comment

So would I.

Landry doesn't seem to have any kind of connection with anybody but Mitchell and, for obvious reasons, Lam.

That would definitely be interesting.

Logically, Landry should have put Sam back in command the second she rejoined the SGC. I'd like to know his reasons for not doing that, how he sees Sam as a soldier and as a leader.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Uber, I know I've told you how deep you are. So I'm thinking you need to head on to Vancouver and share some of your depth. You have great ideas for season 10. I love them!

Comment

i'd like this too. a lot.

okay, i'm going to turn off my 'i'm sick of mitchell and vala!!' mind and try to come up with what i want for sam with these relationships.

well, first landry-

i want landry to respect her, but also to push her a bit. meaning, he doesn't automatically think that sam knows the answer to everything. and this irks and worries sam. i don't want them to not like each other, but i'd like to see him say 'no', sam say 'but i should', and landry giving in because the situation is hopeless... and then seeing that sam *earned* that rep for a reason.

mitchell-
                        (i'll come back to this)

vala-
                        they have things in common. they bond because of it. but i'd also like to see vala key in to sam's wacky side, and sam to make vala more respectable.

mitchell-
                        (i'll come back to this)

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

<rocking>must resist the numbers...must resist the models...must resist the numbers...must resist the models... ga--!

FACTOR I: VOCATIONAL
                          51% military
                          49% scientist

FACTOR II: SOCIAL-ADDITUDINAL
                          36% ironical, wry, cynical
                          43% geeky
                          21% companionability/comradeship (display of)
                          ......</rocking>

FACTOR III:
                          100% HOT!!

Comment

Oooh I'm a baby now! *blushes*

My perfect Sam formula is something like this:

58% Military Sam ... This encompasses leadership, fighting, blowing things up, piloting things, shooting things.

25% Scientist Sam ... This encompasses all things MacGyver/geeking it up/solving problems.

8% Funny/Snarky Sam ... this encompasses any opportunity for her personality to sparkle. Let the snark roll baby!

8% Friendshippy Sam ... her compassionate side. Love for her friends and extended family.

1% Personal Sam ... Oooooey goooey shippy goodness baby. Oh Jack? Studmuffin? Where art thou?
                            Wonderful Über

Comment

Originally posted by dancer of spaz
                              Sam as a kick-butt soldier/scientist anymore
                              THAT's what I want to see!

Comment

New TV Guide today, and SG-1 and Atlantis are both mentioned in the Friday highlights. Looks like we'll get to see the Science of Stargate special, too. I'll put it in a spoiler, since it talks about both season premieres.

Spoiler:

I'll refrain from commenting since I'm trying to stay positive.

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X