Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    In the commentary they talked about putting those on with long pins.

Oh, and just to change the topic from all this Sam/Pete, Sam/Jack (and yes, AD-- Sam/Janet ) ship stuff (my anti-ship twitch is getting bad here) ---
    in an ideal world, what kind of scientist Sam or Action Sam stuff would we like to see in the upcoming season?
    Here is my Top 10 non-ship-related requirements for Sam in Season 10. 10 for 10 donchaknow:

1. Sam MUST blow something up. And because we've had such a drought of Sam/Kaboom, it better be BIG.

2. Sam MUST get into a hand-to-hand sequence of some sort and beat the crap outta someone/something. Or better yet, SEVERAL someones/somethings.

3. Sam MUST MacGyver some sort of alien technology.

4. Sam MUST experience a big, bad owie of some kind. Bleeding preferred.

5. Sam MUST get into a snarkfest with Vala. Period. She snarked with McKay...could have shot Jack down countless times but didn't because she's too dang respectful of rules and ranks...and I want to see her and Vala really irritate the crap out of each other. Not all the time of course. I want them to be friends. Good friends. GREAT friends. Opposites attract, and all that. But the funny thing about opposites is that they have THE best fights.

6. Sam MUST fly something. After that tease in Covenant, I'm craving more.

7. Sam MUST lead a rescue mission of some sort like she did in Icon and Stronghold. Way cool. But this time, if one of her team goes out on his own and does his hero!man thing, she'd better whump him a bit...either verbally or physically. Or BOTH.

8. Sam MUST put some whingy diplomat in his/her place like she did to the French guy and to Woolsey. Like she has time to coddle a bunch of politicians because they want her to make them feel better. SHyeah.

9. Sam MUST figure out some way to bring Fraiser back to our reality. Period. Some Fraiser...somehow. I don't care. If Daniel can get all glowy when he dies and returns like nothing happened, so can she.

10. Sam MUST increase her body count from last year. It was just pathetic. You have a P-90 strapped to your chest, sweetheart, and it's not there to support your bust.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

oober, that was just effin brilliant
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by spaz
        shippy music (blast, what's the new name of the piano music?)
        Nails on a Chalkboard?

Please Stop: I'm Clawing My Eyes Out!?

The Scene Killer?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          Nails on a Chalkboard?

The Scene Killer?
          So I think it's safe to place you in the "not interested in ship in any way shape or form" column, eh?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Here is my Top 10 non-ship-related requirements for Sam in Season 10. 10 for 10 donchaknow:

1. Sam MUST blow something up. And because we've had such a drought of Sam/Kaboom, it better be BIG.

2. Sam MUST get into a hand-to-hand sequence of some sort and beat the crap outta someone/something. Or better yet, SEVERAL someones/somethings.

5. Sam MUST get into a snarkfest with Vala. Period. She snarked with McKay...could have shot Jack down countless times but didn't because she's too dang respectful of rules and ranks...and I want to see her and Vala really irritate the crap out of each other. Not all the time of course. I want them to be friends. Good friends. GREAT friends. Opposites attract, and all that. But the funny thing about opposites is that they have THE best fights.

7. Sam MUST lead a rescue mission of some sort like she did in Icon and Stronghold. Way cool. But this time, if one of her team goes out on his own and does his hero!man thing, she'd better whump him a bit...either verbally or physically. Or BOTH.

8. Sam MUST put some whingy diplomat in his/her place like she did to the French guy and to Woolsey. Like she has time to coddle a bunch of politicians because they want her to make them feel better. SHyeah.

9. Sam MUST figure out some way to bring Fraiser back to our reality. Period. Some Fraiser...somehow. I don't care. If Daniel can get all glowy when he dies and returns like nothing happened, so can she.

10. Sam MUST increase her body count from last year. It was just pathetic. You have a P-90 strapped to your chest, sweetheart, and it's not there to support your bust.

Ooooober that is exactly what I hope for season 10.

and is there a way where she also can really show how good she is and that they kick out mitchell?? so that she becomes the leader of sg1?

and some major whumping of sam is always nice...so more of that I wouldn't mind

and to say a really sam/jack moment would be nice but I will not go into that.. will take it to the other thread

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              Stunning peice of work, thanks Uber
              i watched the vid; very nice.

but i actually liked 'do it with madonna' more!

(does anyone know who does that song? it's stuck in my head)

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

k, i have two things to bring up here for discussion.

1 - does amanda see herself the way 'we' see her? what i mean is, WE see amanda as this super cool and super gorgeous woman, but i sometimes wonder if amanda sees herself as just some average woman, with average looks... NO BLOODY WAY!!

2 - can a person make a vid that's got a theme (take, like, sam being an alcoholic) with just the images from previous eps? could a person make up a completely different story? i'm just curious.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic prescription for our S9 Sam blahs and let's hope at least some of these come true in S10!! Great job, Ooooooober baby!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    In the commentary they talked about putting those on with long pins.

Oh, and just to change the topic from all this Sam/Pete, Sam/Jack (and yes, AD-- Sam/Janet ) ship stuff (my anti-ship twitch is getting bad here) ---
                    in an ideal world, what kind of scientist Sam or Action Sam stuff would we like to see in the upcoming season?
                    well... trying not to damage that already deceased equine, I WANT SAM TO GET HER COMMAND BACK!!

but, since i'm not touching that poor animal again...

i'd like to think amanda's excitement for season 10 is because there's a great secret coming up for sam. in MY perfect world, that would be sam in a relay with jack (could be marriage ), AND sam having a better gig than being second in command AGAIN.

but what could launch something big happening to sam? what if she gets hurt in an upcoming ep and has to make some life changes because of it? like, her leg is seriously damaged and she'll have to cut back on gate travel? i'd rather see her get involved in some other aspect of stargate than just being 2IC AGAIN on the once great sg1.

argh, i *am* touching that poor pummeled animal again. i repeat myself waaaaaaay too much!

it's hard to play this game when i feel the current makeup of sg1 is devoted to mitchell and vala more (with daniel their sidekick).

i'm getting depressed now.

thinks nice and fluffy thoughts of sam

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      k, i have two things to bring up here for discussion.

1 - does amanda see herself the way 'we' see her? what i mean is, WE see amanda as this super cool and super gorgeous woman, but i sometimes wonder if amanda sees herself as just some average woman, with average looks... NO BLOODY WAY!!

2 - can a person make a vid that's got a theme (take, like, sam being an alcoholic) with just the images from previous eps? could a person make up a completely different story? i'm just curious.

sally
                      1) Having observed her at GABIT, I'd say she really is completely taken aback by all the fan attention and admiration. She is just so darn perky and nice and sweet and did I mention nice and does not seem to have a clue that she is so stunningly beautiful. Her modesty about it makes her even more endearing.

2) I like to think that Ooober made a terrific "theme video" with her "That Girl", er, "This Girl" ... the one she gave to Amanda at GABIT. I love the way Ooober integrated all the many roles that AT had played besides Stargate. Terrific job. I don't get your Sam as an alcoholic suggestion though ... am I missing something? When has she looked drunk in any of the episodes?

As to themes, are there any good ones showing Sam as Geek? And utilizing all the crazy moments and faces that AT made for those eppies?! Please point me to any like that!

Okay, is there one just showing all the times Sam has hugged or been hugged or kissed or embraced just about any actor or alien or artifact in the episodes? That could be a lot of fun to put together.

So ... what song would be the backdrop for Sam as Geek? What song for Sam hugging and kissing?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        well... trying not to damage that already deceased equine, I WANT SAM TO GET HER COMMAND BACK!!

but, since i'm not touching that poor animal again...

i'd like to think amanda's excitement for season 10 is because there's a great secret coming up for sam. in MY perfect world, that would be sam in a relay with jack (could be marriage ), AND sam having a better gig than being second in command AGAIN.

but what could launch something big happening to sam? what if she gets hurt in an upcoming ep and has to make some life changes because of it? like, her leg is seriously damaged and she'll have to cut back on gate travel? i'd rather see her get involved in some other aspect of stargate than just being 2IC AGAIN on the once great sg1.
                        argh, i *am* touching that poor pummeled animal again. i repeat myself waaaaaaay too much!

it's hard to play this game when i feel the current makeup of sg1 is devoted to mitchell and vala more (with daniel their sidekick).

i'm getting depressed now.

thinks nice and fluffy thoughts of sam
                        I just read the Spoiler for "Line in the Sand" and ...

Spoiler:
                        it says that 'Sam gets injured' and she and Mitchell are trapped in some kind of space bubble or whatever and he has to take care of her. Of course, I'd much rather have Jack taking care of her!

LOL about the dead equine!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                          Nails on a Chalkboard?

The Scene Killer?
                          You know what's even worse though? The Cassie music in Singularity. And that is so not because of bad-association (like shippy-music ) because Singularity is awesome and Cassie is, well, pretty much silent and innocuous. But the music!
                          GAGH!
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Fantastic prescription for our S9 Sam blahs and let's hope at least some of these come true in S10!! Great job, Ooooooober baby!
                            Oooh I'm a baby now! *blushes*

My perfect Sam formula is something like this:

58% Military Sam ... This encompasses leadership, fighting, blowing things up, piloting things, shooting things.

25% Scientist Sam ... This encompasses all things MacGyver/geeking it up/solving problems.

8% Funny/Snarky Sam ... this encompasses any opportunity for her personality to sparkle. Let the snark roll baby!

8% Friendshippy Sam ... her compassionate side. Love for her friends and extended family.

1% Personal Sam ... Oooooey goooey shippy goodness baby. Oh Jack? Studmuffin? Where art thou?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

When they show them. I agree that these women played roles in their lives, but they tended to be there and gone fairly quickly. Even Ishta's two stints on SG could be relatively overlooked. They're most likely never going to be brought up again. But with Sam... In S9 alone, they brought up nearly every past love interest they could think of, from Barrett to Orlin to Martouf. One of the directors (PDL - who also happens to be one of the producers) even thought they were leaning towards AU-Sam/Cam in RE. It's like they're incapable of ignoring the possibilities of pairing Sam with someone.

oh, i don't care what joe mallozzi said; i feel pdl 'adding' that in was done with full knowledge of the fallout from it. in other words, he knew just what he was doing... and i know what i'm saying is controversial, but i totally and completely believe it. and i'll stop now.

It was like Sam's career and her desire to find companionship were mutually exclusive. And, because of how the writers delved into that part of her life, they truly did become mutually exclusive. They don't know how to write Sam as a kick-butt soldier/scientist anymore, they "don't know what to do" with her character, but they love to write her with the alien of the week or as the other half of ship. It's very disconcerting.
                              they're doing that with all of them. can you imagine if sam, jack, daniel, and teal'c had been written in their first season the way mitchell was in his?... would we have even liked them???

wonder what i'll get in my sg1-happy meal from stargate: mcdonalds?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Oooh I'm a baby now! *blushes*

My perfect Sam formula is something like this:

58% Military Sam ... This encompasses leadership, fighting, blowing things up, piloting things, shooting things.

25% Scientist Sam ... This encompasses all things MacGyver/geeking it up/solving problems.

8% Funny/Snarky Sam ... this encompasses any opportunity for her personality to sparkle. Let the snark roll baby!

8% Friendshippy Sam ... her compassionate side. Love for her friends and extended family.

1% Personal Sam ... Oooooey goooey shippy goodness baby. Oh Jack? Studmuffin? Where art thou?

I would go with the following:

45% Military Sam
                                30% Scientist Sam
                                10% Friend Sam
                                10% Snarky Sam
                                5% Personal Sam (Oh, Jack....)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X