Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM
    Re: Morpheus pics - what the heck are they doing, re-making 'Alien' or something?!?
    <snip>

Yeah, when I saw that last picture from Morpheus, I thought it looked more like this spoiler on GW about the episode Uninvited.

Spoiler:

Carter watches an autopsy of an unknown creature, which still has a living leech-like creature inside it

Do you suppose they got the pictures and episodes mixed up?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Love the way that you put that!
      Thanks, I was trying not to come across as being really anti-Pete coz I'm not any more. *Holds hands up* OK, so I admit I may have been a bit over the top when it came to expressing my opinion of Pete a few years ago! Although, I have to say, I think it helps to know that the writers aren't going to do something terrible like
      Spoiler:
      marry her off to the guy
      - have I ever mentioned that hindsight is a wonderful, reassuring thing?
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        I don't know this Nathan person either. Now that we're in a new month I'm throwing in votes for all of the Big 4 plus Don S. Davis. Don's not a heart throb , but I do love Emphasis on AT and RDA though.
        Me too... I love DSD! I want to pat his head!

BTW, is football soccer?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          BTW, is football soccer?
          Yes it is! England got knocked out of the World Cup today but half of our team were injured so it wasn't so terrible that we only made it to the quarter finals. And I've spent the last few hours talking about my obsession for the Chelsea skipper, Frank Lampard (he's the Frank in my sig pic!) - where I come from that's practically a crime punishable by death! (I live in Manchester and I am a Manchester United fan! :s)

I'm just spreading the love today, I can't even bring myself to hate the Stargate characters I once hated any more! I blame it on the overwhelming optimism on this thread and on the Shipper Family thread! *Does Amanda's famous Ralphie Wiggum accent* I love the world, I love the trees, I love the shippers and the anti-shippers too, I love Pete and Jack and Frank... GROUP HUG!

Yeah, I need help!

Comment

Yes it is! England got knocked out of the World Cup today but half of our team were injured so it wasn't so terrible that we only made it to the quarter finals. And I've spent the last few hours talking about my obsession for the Chelsea skipper, Frank Lampard (he's the Frank in my sig pic!) - where I come from that's practically a crime punishable by death! (I live in Manchester and I am a Manchester United fan! :s)

I'm just spreading the love today, I can't even bring myself to hate the Stargate characters I once hated any more! I blame it on the overwhelming optimism on this thread and on the Shipper Family thread! *Does Amanda's famous Ralphie Wiggum accent* I love the world, I love the trees, I love the shippers and the anti-shippers too, I love Pete and Jack and Frank... GROUP HUG!

Yeah, I need help!
            Thanks for clearing that up...although I still don't know anything about half of what y'all talked about the last few pages!

Yeah, I'm in a good mood myself today. Must be that Amanda Tapping! She makes me smile!

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up...although I still don't know anything about half of what y'all talked about the last few pages!

Yeah, I'm in a good mood myself today. Must be that Amanda Tapping! She makes me smile!
              Yeah, see, now that's what I said!

"Amanda Tapping - taking over the world one smile at a time!"

Actually that wasn't me who said that it was someone else and I snurched it. Apologies!

Comment

Well look it is contagious... I am also in a really good mood. I think the explanation is not hard to find. after all the voting we did the last couple of days we got our reward... she ended at the 8th place. And well that gives us confidence and joy. And well the weather here is really good maybe because of that.

Comment

I had a hunch that that comment had something to do with Jonas (Hansen), actually.

I could be waaay off the mark but, considering the way he was when we last saw him and taking into account what Sam said about him liking to be in control and "He wasn't happy when I broke off the engagement, but he seemed like he really pulled himself together when we met up at Stargate Command", my suspicious mind wonders whether he said or tried to do something to her when she broke it off.
                  Oooh. That's a good point. I had completely forgotten about Jonas (Hansen). It's quite possible that his behavior and Pete's previous behaviour combined made her expect something else entirely.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey all, just popping in to say a late

HAPPY CANADA DAY

To all those Canadians, or those who just love Canada (which better be a lot of ya ) I've been hitting up pretty much all the Vancouver events, from leading the North Vancouver parade, to the Canada Place Fest... I hope you're all having as much fun as I am celebrating our wunnerful country <g> (yes, can you tell i'm Patriotic? )
                    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                      Ohh, my issue isn't so much with that question - although that question did bother me, simply because it sounded so damned insensitive. The reason I think she was less then nice was because she knew she didn't want to marry him, and yet she lead him around for a while. That wasn't a nice thing to do, and honestly, I can't see it ever as a nice thing to do.

But hey, it also makes Sam very human, and I do like that about her.
                      No, it's not a very nice thing to do, but a very human thing to do. After "Grace" Sam decided to "get a life" and "let go of the things that were preventing her from being unhappy". Somewhere in there, she thought that meant letting go of Jack. So in true Sam fashion she gave it her best shot. I think she really wanted it to work with Pete, and that's why she accepted his proposal. But once she realized her true motivations, she couldn't continue the facade any longer. So she did the right thing and broke it off.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                        Hey all, just popping in to say a late

HAPPY CANADA DAY

To all those Canadians, or those who just love Canada (which better be a lot of ya ) I've been hitting up pretty much all the Vancouver events, from leading the North Vancouver parade, to the Canada Place Fest... I hope you're all having as much fun as I am celebrating our wunnerful country <g> (yes, can you tell i'm Patriotic? )
                        Can I join in on some of that please? I'm English but Canada, specifically a spot on Jericho beach in English Bay where you can watch the sun set over the mountains and the water, is my favourite place in the world!

"I wonder if you think of me
                        As I dream of you
                        Cause I see you in the stars above
                        And in every setting sun
                        And even though you're fifteen hundred miles away
                        More than anything I wish
                        I was there
                        Listening to the rain
                        And the passin' cars
                        And the waves
                        On English Bay" ... sorry, I re-worte the lyrics a little to fit but you get the idea!

CANADA ROCKS!!!

I mean, come on, you have the best musicians, the best actors, the best comedians, Greenpeace, the best landscapes, the bluest lakes, the most efficient public transportation systems in the world and NOBODY hates you if you say you're Canadian unlike in certain parts of the world where you would NEVER admit to being British or American, for example (not to mention you guys have some seriously cute lumberjacks in Vancouver!)

OK, excuse me but since when does the Manchester Ship Canal look like that? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester - Well I've never seen it look that clean for a start!
                        Last edited by AmberLM; 01 July 2006, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                          See. This I don't get. I thought she handled it very well. It's impossible to break up with someone and them not be hurt at least a little bit. It would have been a lot less nice for Sam to have married him once she realized that she didn't love him enough.

I know that many people have issues with Sam's "Is that it?" question to Pete's response, but I took it as being surprised that he didn't have more of a temper tantrum. Given his behaviour in Chimera, when he stalked out of the house, just because she wouldn't tell him what she did for a living, I would have expected a little more reaction from him and I'm sure that Sam did too.
                          i also thought she wasn't mean to him either.

as for sam's 'is that it?' - i thought it meant that sam was surprised pete didn't put up more of a fight (for her). but pete said 'i knew from the beginning', which gave me the impression that he saw this coming (for a long time).

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I thought it might help folks (and myself) to collect these links all in one place:

GW Forum Poll: Season 3 Episodes with your Favorite/Most Memorable AT Acting Scenes

GW Forum Poll: Best Actor in SG-1

July Celeeb Poll

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              I know... Beckham injured and Rooney on a red card! I can't believe how *happy* I am! One of the guys at work was teasing me, saying how much better England are than my team (Germany). So now they don't stand a change: no Beckham (in this match), Owen is gone and Rooney is off. Ok, I'm not sure Germany can beat Italy, but who cares?!

Anyway, keeping this on topic, the wholse 200 episode is going to be confusing and Amanda is No1 on that Celeeb website.

I thought be was playing for Spain? (USA girl showing ignorance about football players - thought to be honest I know less about US football.)

Suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                i also thought she wasn't mean to him either.

as for sam's 'is that it?' - i thought it meant that sam was surprised pete didn't put up more of a fight (for her). but pete said 'i knew from the beginning', which gave me the impression that he saw this coming (for a long time).

sally
                                Then he really shouldn't have bought the ring or the house. I didn't feel sorry for him, just relieved.

Comment

Working...
                                X