Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
    Wow. When I posted this link last Saturday afternoon, I had no idea it would catch on. Amanda was in 39th place and losing ground. I couldn't stand to see that happen, so I called in reinforcements. I was scared people would get upset, that they wouldn't appreciate me posting a link to a 'silly poll'. I thought a few votes would trickle in- but I was WRONG! In a good way, of course. Around 5 p.m. Saturday June 24th(central standard time) Amanda had maybe 2,500 votes, give or take. By 2 a.m. Saturday July 1st at the close of the poll, she had reached the 8th spot with almost 24,000 votes(23,993 to be exact).

Not long after the link was up, other fans posted it on other sites. Soon, not only were Samandans voting, AT.com was there as well as a host of other AT fans. We were coming together to support our girl.

I wonder if Amanda will ever know about the party we threw in her honor. And what a party it was! We had videos-many thanks to our VJs!!! We had guess the quote and even chatted using episode names. We talked about Amanda-when we first saw her and just generally how great she is-all while click click clicking away.

We were SO positive the whole time. We knew AT/SC would never dodge a challenge, and we weren't either. Amanda fans are some dedicated people! We had folks from all over the world-from Australia to Belgium to the UK to all across America and Canada-voting day and night for her. People went without sleep, recruited family and even neighbors, and voted on multiple computers within their homes(great exercise by the way). Mandy's cat was even on the verge of learning how to use a mouse!

AT is generous and so are her fans. We helped out other voters that needed a hand. How many of us knew who Lacuna Coil was before this week? And how many more people know about Amanda Tapping thanks to her fans' hard work?

Probably the most touching thing about the voting was how we reached out to RDA. We had made our goal, and realistically couldn't make the next place with only a few hours left. Some of us alternated votes, some posted links at RDA sites, some voted exclusively for RDA. At any rate, we stayed ahead and managed to give RDA the boost he needed. In the last 30 minutes we even bumped Michael Shanks up a notch. AT fans are giving, like Amanda herself!

So maybe Amanda didn't get #1, but you know what? Moving from 39th to 8th in such a short time was a far greater feat than those that placed above us, who had been sitting securely in their places for weeks. What an amazing show of love and devotion by AT fans! Not just any actress has such an amazing fan base- and the fan base is only as amazing as the actress. Her forum was a party 24/7-nowhere else I went had such constant fan support.

Sure, it was just a fun poll. TPTB might not ever see it and nothing may ever come out of it. That's too bad, really. We love Sam Carter the same, if not more, than we did 10 years ago. They should see we still cherish such a wonderful character, played by an equally amazing woman. This was such a morale booster and a great way to get the word out about Amanda! Next month I say we get her to #1! She deserves that spot-and I am being 100% honest about that. I have never seen a better actress...not in the movies and not on TV. She's top notch, classy, a gem, shall I keep going?

I want to take a moment to thank EVERYONE that voted. You didn’t have to, yet you spent your time and effort to do it. We probably have crooks in our necks and cramps in our fingers, but what a ride! Not only did we spend the last week promoting our favorite actress, but as AT fans, I think we grew closer. We all worked together towards a common goal. It was great fun, and I hope to see you around next month.

Thanks so much for writing this wonderful post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
      Stoned, more like
      Spoiler:
      On the preview vid itself, that scene is where she seems to roll her eyes in 'oh please' kinda way. Possibly due to something that Rodney says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLGSdC-Q2M - that's the actual preview vid.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
        See. This I don't get. I thought she handled it very well. It's impossible to break up with someone and them not be hurt at least a little bit. It would have been a lot less nice for Sam to have married him once she realized that she didn't love him enough.

I know that many people have issues with Sam's "Is that it?" question to Pete's response, but I took it as being surprised that he didn't have more of a temper tantrum. Given his behaviour in Chimera, when he stalked out of the house, just because she wouldn't tell him what she did for a living, I would have expected a little more reaction from him and I'm sure that Sam did too.
        Ohh, my issue isn't so much with that question - although that question did bother me, simply because it sounded so damned insensitive. The reason I think she was less then nice was because she knew she didn't want to marry him, and yet she lead him around for a while. That wasn't a nice thing to do, and honestly, I can't see it ever as a nice thing to do.

But hey, it also makes Sam very human, and I do like that about her.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          New episode photos from Morpheus and The Pegasus Project have been released! http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/sg10ep.html
          Some interesting Sam ones in there
          thanks for the link to the photos... I have to say AT looks great on them I am always astonished when I see her and she looks that young. Every time I go like woooow She looks really not her age... why do I keep saying that every time... Maybe cause I really can not believe it, that she is her age

Comment

Wow. When I posted this link last Saturday afternoon, I had no idea it would catch on. Amanda was in 39th place and losing ground. I couldn't stand to see that happen, so I called in reinforcements. I was scared people would get upset, that they wouldn't appreciate me posting a link to a 'silly poll'. I thought a few votes would trickle in- but I was WRONG! In a good way, of course. Around 5 p.m. Saturday June 24th(central standard time) Amanda had maybe 2,500 votes, give or take. By 2 a.m. Saturday July 1st at the close of the poll, she had reached the 8th spot with almost 24,000 votes(23,993 to be exact).

Not long after the link was up, other fans posted it on other sites. Soon, not only were Samandans voting, AT.com was there as well as a host of other AT fans. We were coming together to support our girl.

I wonder if Amanda will ever know about the party we threw in her honor. And what a party it was! We had videos-many thanks to our VJs!!! We had guess the quote and even chatted using episode names. We talked about Amanda-when we first saw her and just generally how great she is-all while click click clicking away.

We were SO positive the whole time. We knew AT/SC would never dodge a challenge, and we weren't either. Amanda fans are some dedicated people! We had folks from all over the world-from Australia to Belgium to the UK to all across America and Canada-voting day and night for her. People went without sleep, recruited family and even neighbors, and voted on multiple computers within their homes(great exercise by the way). Mandy's cat was even on the verge of learning how to use a mouse!

AT is generous and so are her fans. We helped out other voters that needed a hand. How many of us knew who Lacuna Coil was before this week? And how many more people know about Amanda Tapping thanks to her fans' hard work?

Probably the most touching thing about the voting was how we reached out to RDA. We had made our goal, and realistically couldn't make the next place with only a few hours left. Some of us alternated votes, some posted links at RDA sites, some voted exclusively for RDA. At any rate, we stayed ahead and managed to give RDA the boost he needed. In the last 30 minutes we even bumped Michael Shanks up a notch. AT fans are giving, like Amanda herself!

So maybe Amanda didn't get #1, but you know what? Moving from 39th to 8th in such a short time was a far greater feat than those that placed above us, who had been sitting securely in their places for weeks. What an amazing show of love and devotion by AT fans! Not just any actress has such an amazing fan base- and the fan base is only as amazing as the actress. Her forum was a party 24/7-nowhere else I went had such constant fan support.

Sure, it was just a fun poll. TPTB might not ever see it and nothing may ever come out of it. That's too bad, really. We love Sam Carter the same, if not more, than we did 10 years ago. They should see we still cherish such a wonderful character, played by an equally amazing woman. This was such a morale booster and a great way to get the word out about Amanda! Next month I say we get her to #1! She deserves that spot-and I am being 100% honest about that. I have never seen a better actress...not in the movies and not on TV. She's top notch, classy, a gem, shall I keep going?

I want to take a moment to thank EVERYONE that voted. You didn’t have to, yet you spent your time and effort to do it. We probably have crooks in our necks and cramps in our fingers, but what a ride! Not only did we spend the last week promoting our favorite actress, but as AT fans, I think we grew closer. We all worked together towards a common goal. It was great fun, and I hope to see you around next month.

Amanda, we at Samanda-and all your fans-want you to know we love you! This wasn't much, but it was a small way to say thanks for all the time you've spent on the show, for what you've done for us. In the end, Lizlove said it best:

Changing the world one smile at a time...
            http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j9...a225x331-1.jpg
            Thanks Amanda.
            I couldn't have said it better than you did. You just nailed it. And it is not because it is just a poll that she doesn't disurve our devotion. I mean after all the years of good acting she gave us that is the least we can do for her to tell her how much we appreciate what she is doing. even if she doesn't know that we are doing it for her... it is the gesture that counts. It just shows how much we do care about her. And that is just such a nice thought.
            And I found it really nice to do...I mean I don't know a lot of AT fans...and well because of it I am starting to know all of you a little bit better. And it is nice to know that we are all such a great fans... And we do come from all over the world... but there is one thing that brings us togheter and that is AT
            Thanks you guys and girls.
            And now up to #1 this month

Comment

Great post LAD, and yes it did seem like a party over there, the only problem I had was it got me in such a positive mood I wasn't able to to post on the Anti threads

And now I must hang my head in shame for even doubting that we could accomplish our goal and even surpass it! Okay Mini I guess I need some sort of smilie of me getting my butt kicked by you, I know I deserve it

and Congratulations to everyone that voted, I'm ah still trying to keep my cat away from the mouse, but that's a different problem
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

To Amanda and to Canadians on this thread

Happy Canada Day !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                  To Amanda and to Canadians on this thread

Happy Canada Day !!!
                  Thanks, just think of how Olivia will be enjoying the fireworks with her mom....now if it was Sam, I'm sure the fireworks would be bigger
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                    See. This I don't get. I thought she handled it very well. It's impossible to break up with someone and them not be hurt at least a little bit. It would have been a lot less nice for Sam to have married him once she realized that she didn't love him enough.

I know that many people have issues with Sam's "Is that it?" question to Pete's response, but I took it as being surprised that he didn't have more of a temper tantrum. Given his behaviour in Chimera, when he stalked out of the house, just because she wouldn't tell him what she did for a living, I would have expected a little more reaction from him and I'm sure that Sam did too.
                    Someone please help me! I finally got some sleep and I dreamed about Pete?! But I think he was an evil drunk or someting and Jack and Hammond BOTH griped him out. It was worth it for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Great post LAD, and yes it did seem like a party over there, the only problem I had was it got me in such a positive mood I wasn't able to to post on the Anti threads
                      Oh my....you are right...I haven't been negative for days! Well, thanks Amanda!

Comment

Amanda, we at Samanda-and all your fans-want you to know we love you! This wasn't much, but it was a small way to say thanks for all the time you've spent on the show, for what you've done for us ...

Thanks Amanda.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...eamworkgeo.jpg

Sterling moment, Samandans!
                        Kudos for all the Sam-Carter dedication and determination!

Brilliant post, LAD. Thank you so much for being the team leader! So glad it was you and not Cam. Amanda deserves it all!
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 01 July 2006, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Someone please help me! I finally got some sleep and I dreamed about Pete?! But I think he was an evil drunk or something and Jack and Hammond BOTH griped him out. It was worth it for that!
                          Are you sure you just didn't read a fanfic before going to bed?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Are you sure you just didn't read a fanfic before going to bed?!
                            Positive! I SO didn't want to dream about ! But I remember Jack showing up and YELLING at Pete. I love an angry Jack...at least when he his justly angry..*THUNK*

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Thanks, just think of how Olivia will be enjoying the fireworks with her mom....now if it was Sam, I'm sure the fireworks would be bigger

I know. I tried to get my son on his first just hold a sparkler for the fourth here, and he just cried. (but that was a long, long time ago).

And I'm sure that Sam would have a pattern or two in the mix for such a thing.

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye
                                The Court of Samanda salutes all its royal citizens and our Queen
                                on their special national holiday ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../RCMountie.jpg

HAPPY CANADA DAY

Comment

Working...
                                X