Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    Spoiler:
    The "Mary Poppins" thing bugged me. It wasn't friendly teasing, it was more like "No way in heck can she do the job anywhere near as well as I can" which I found to be incredibly arrogant.

If you think about it, Sam was probably the best choice if somebody had to play a drug dealer - who'd suspect her of trying to doublecross them?
    Spoiler:
    Agreed. She's so cute and innocent looking that no one would suspect her! And if things got tough, she could negotiate better than Mitchell, and if that went south, she could certainly kick butt better than him! When you want the job done right, call Sam Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Spoiler:
      Agreed. She's so cute and innocent looking that no one would suspect her! And if things got tough, she could negotiate better than Mitchell, and if that went south, she could certainly kick butt better than him! When you want the job done right, call Sam Carter.
      Spoiler:
      Sam looks really trustworthy - I'd say that's why she got stuck with the TV appearance in "Covenant". She'd have stood the best chance of convincing the bad guys.

Then again, the plot device fairies seemed to want the mission to go to heck in a handbasket, so Mitchell was probably the best choice to ensure that.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Spoiler:
        Then again, the plot device fairies seemed to want the mission to go to heck in a handbasket, so Mitchell was probably the best choice to ensure that.
        Spoiler:
        Ah, you're right. If Mitchell hadn't screwed up, we wouldn't have gotten to see the firefight! Ok, I love explosions as much as the next person, but that's not ALL I like. I DON'T like my team almost getting killed because of someone's stupidity. Arg.... Go AT go!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          G2H2? wha?

EDIT: its been brought to my attention that this was post number 44000, so i thought i should put something in here a little more substantial that a silly question. unfortunately i couldn't think of anything so instead;

caption this!
          Spoiler:

(put in spoilers because its a big pic.)
          Oh boy, when i get my hands on the person who spiked my blue jelly are going to be really, really sorry!
          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
            A colossal mistake, that misdirection device. They pulled the rug out from under the dramatic impact of their own plot. It's a classic no-no.
            Exactly, Scarimor! (Whose smilies I shamelessly snurch.) What on earth were they thinking? They tout this big, dramatic event months ahead of time, then subordinate it to a red-herring ploy that wouldn't even fool a child. To kill off a beloved character is one thing ... to reveal her fate almost as an afterthought is quite another (although I suspect that a restructuring of the existing footage might yield a much more powerful episode).

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Spoiler:
              The "Mary Poppins" thing bugged me. It wasn't friendly teasing, it was more like "No way in heck can she do the job anywhere near as well as I can" which I found to be incredibly arrogant.

If you think about it, Sam was probably the best choice if somebody had to play a drug dealer - who'd suspect her of trying to doublecross them?
              Spoiler:
              I've been thinking about the Mary Popins bit and i've come to this thought. The Mary Popins character performed miricles right? so add that tag to our Sam, the person who's performed so many miricles over the years and you've got a form of endearment from Cam to Sam Know all we need is the final miricle of Sam leading the team in s10!
              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                Spoiler:
                I've been thinking about the Mary Popins bit and i've come to this thought. The Mary Popins character performed miricles right? so add that tag to our Sam, the person who's performed so many miricles over the years and you've got a form of endearment from Cam to Sam Know all we need is the final miricle of Sam leading the team in s10!
                Spoiler:
                Mitchell's tone struck me as dismissive rather than affectionate.

I too would like to see Sam lead in Season Ten, though I fear that it may end up taking a miracle to get her back there.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                  I mean Cassie is the perfect example for what I am talking about... where is she? what happened to her? where does she live now? is she going to college?
                  Yes, somewhere in California, according to a deleted Ripple Effect scene. But you & I are singing from the same hymnal. (Heck, tons of people complain about the evaporation of Cassie, who evidently captured a lot hearts in just three episodes.)

... I mean she is an important role in Sam's life so... why did we not get to see that? In season 8 we get Sam's whole personal life with Pete and everything but nothing about Cassie?
                  You ask a very good question, one for which TPTB apparently have no answer. I saw nothing, either in text or subtext, in S8 that would make you think Cassandra even existed, let alone was under Sam's wing. (Single Parent Sam would make for some great vignettes; have the fanfic writers taken up the gauntlet?) And, yes, Cassie was far more important to advancing the canon, not only for the (now conveniently forgotten) hauk'taur mythology but because of the window the Cassandra storylines opened into Sam's heart of hearts — whether choosing to die (as she expects) with Cassie at the climax of Singularity or the haunted sense of responsibility, grief and failure at the end of In the Line of Duty, which would inform so many of Sam's actions for years afterward.

And besides ... does anybody really believe Cassandra would give Pete the 'thumb's up' as a prospective stepdad? I mean, "Barney Miller" reruns, fercrissakes?!?!?! (Trés uncool.) Cassie would be over to Uncle Jack's house in a flash, desperate for a "Simpsons" fix.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                    Yes, somewhere in California, according to a deleted Ripple Effect scene. But you & I are singing from the same hymnal. (Heck, tons of people complain about the evaporation of Cassie, who evidently captured a lot hearts in just three episodes.)

You ask a very good question, one for which TPTB apparently have no answer. I saw nothing, either in text or subtext, in S8 that would make you think Cassandra even existed, let alone was under Sam's wing. (Single Parent Sam would make for some great vignettes; have the fanfic writers taken up the gauntlet?) And, yes, Cassie was far more important to advancing the canon, not only for the (now conveniently forgotten) hauk'taur mythology but because of the window the Cassandra storylines opened into Sam's heart of hearts — whether choosing to die (as she expects) with Cassie at the climax of Singularity or the haunted sense of responsibility, grief and failure at the end of In the Line of Duty, which would inform so many of Sam's actions for years afterward.

And besides ... does anybody really believe Cassandra would give Pete the 'thumb's up' as a prospective stepdad? I mean, "Barney Miller" reruns, fercrissakes?!?!?! (Trés uncool.) Cassie would be over to Uncle Jack's house in a flash, desperate for a "Simpsons" fix.
                    I can't rememember the name of the fanfic that has Cassie running to Uncle Jack over Pete, but it is on GW. I'll look for it in the a.m. You're right on all points. Godmother Sam would have been a lot more fun to watch than Lovestruck Sam. (Uck! Did I say lovestruck in regards to Pete? I must be tired. Going to sleep now.)

Comment

Even though Cassie probably would have been around 18 when Janet died, and possibly out on her own, they should have included her more in Heroes(not just a mention)-in fact, the series!

It didn't seem like she went to live with Sam after Janet died, we never heard from her! I imagine she's at college somewhere and if she comes around the Springs she'd stay with Sam. I'd also really like to know
                      Spoiler:
                      what the deal was in S9 with Sam and Cassie. They could have explained that WAY better.

Oh, yeah. Jacks WAY cooler than !

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        Even though Cassie probably would have been around 18 when Janet died, and possibly out on her own, they should have included her more in Heroes(not just a mention)-in fact, the series!

It didn't seem like she went to live with Sam after Janet died, we never heard from her! I imagine she's at college somewhere and if she comes around the Springs she'd stay with Sam. I'd also really like to know
                        Spoiler:
                        what the deal was in S9 with Sam and Cassie. They could have explained that WAY better.

Oh, yeah. Jacks WAY cooler than !
                        yeah it's really bad that they didn't put Cassie in S8 i mean come on Cassie doesn't want pete as a father ore stepdad..only thinking about it , and what did Cassie think about Sams relation with Pete, if sam adopted her ore looked over her, Cassie had to tell something about pete. ore am i wrong? it doesn't make any sense
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                          I'm going on vacation tomorrow. Yay! Going to upstate NY. It's so very pretty there. Can't wait. Really wish I had a camera.

And hopefully my one friend will lay off the Sam-hate while I'm there. Just don't feel like dealing with it. Of course I have a massive earache today, and that makes me very grumpy.

Edit because I can't let my 800th post be a grumpy one!

So-I totally love Sam! And Amanda Tapping. And this thread!

That's better.
                          Have fun on your trip!! Who in the world hates Sam??? Obviously doesn't know a good thing if it hits him in the face!! Hope your earache is all better now...not a great way to start your holiday. Oh yeah...

CONGRATS ON 800 POSTS
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            i can't; my mind went dirty immediately with that pic.

okay, it's always in dirty territory, but with a cleanish haze to it.

okay, it's always dirty!

did i mention i can't do that caption?

bye.

sally
                            LOL!! Good one sally! Your not alone there!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i'd like to see more of cassie, shes obv a big part of sams life and the fact that she seems to have just disappeared bothers me. a lot. ive just got back from my holidays so i have to go catch up on the posts and theres a lot

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Is everyone still voting cos it really has slowed down out there!!!
                                She's still only #9...lets get her to #8 soon...please!!!
                                Night Samandans...I'm off to explore other threads then I'm going to bed!! I'll be back...tomorrow!!!

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X