• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    The links I've been sending is this one:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=43421

mg
    Hey mg...I definitely want to be on that and I have that link added to my favourites list...will get around to it soon...I hope! Thanks mg!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

So, as some of ya may recall (or not) I never really liked the way the head and facial features turned out on my last sketch illustration, so I'd been trying to redo it (the result is several attempts long) and I'm still not 100% satisfied. Anyway, I was going for younger looking, sassy but without as much of a rambo edge (lol) - might as well share anyway. I don't know if it's better or worse or just as in between!

Spoiler:

Cheers,
      geeek
      This one is definitely my favorite so far!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        if someone doesn't have a scanner, pm me and i can give you my address. you can mail it to me, i can scan it in and then e-mail it to MG
        Oh..how sweet!! I don't have a scanner so if I get stuck I'll be calling you. Thanks Sky. (((Sky)))
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          G2H2? wha?
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29502

Instead of voting for fav characters you vote for fellow gateworlders and goa'ulds to hurt/heal
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

So, as some of ya may recall (or not) I never really liked the way the head and facial features turned out on my last sketch illustration, so I'd been trying to redo it (the result is several attempts long) and I'm still not 100% satisfied. Anyway, I was going for younger looking, sassy but without as much of a rambo edge (lol) - might as well share anyway. I don't know if it's better or worse or just as in between!

Spoiler:

Cheers,
            geeek
            WOW!! Very cool!! Well done mg...wish I had the talent to do such things.
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Well, looks like we hit the magic post 44000 on page 2200!!!

Congrats, Stargate Barbie!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Anyone who might be kind enough to want to help me spread the word, I'd welcome it with open arms. I'm not much of a PR afficionado. The links I've been sending is this one:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=43421
                I'll help where I can. What better excuse is there to join other AT sites/forums?

Comment

but, to keep a show going....taking law and order for example, you need to have thigns changing. law and order changes actors sometimes on a yearly basis and dick wolf seems to keep good track of what story they've told and, if he comes up with another similar one, put a new twist on it to keep it fresh adn different.

What we have here is an ever DECREASING pool of talent. the actors are the producers are the directors thus there doesn't seem to be anyone that looks at stuff with a critical eye and say 'dude, that's lame'

there's no 'quality control' so they just keep cranking out the template shows over and over and over and don't seem to notice or even care that they are ripping themselves off.
                  Yes, yes, yes. The writers & are producers and there are no checks and balances. Anyone who writes anything, from school essays to fiction, knows how easy it is to fall in love with an idea even when it ooesn't really work. That's why you have someone else read your drafts. There seems to be groupthink at work. No one says, no, that's overboard or that's out of character or that scene needs to be cut. Unless they're cutting character moments in favor of more explosions. Oh, and acknowledging the past doesn't mean you have to do a 5 minute "previously on" segment. (I think that's one of the reasons for not going back that's been cited.) If you write it well, the new people will get it and the loyal viewers will appreciate it. I love stand alone episodes and the show is not about their personal lives (though in the SGC there isn't much time for one ) , but the characters in SG1 have never lived in a vacuum. They have grown individually and in relationship to each other through their experiences.
                  respectfully submitted,
                  jckfan55
                  Last edited by jckfan55; 29 June 2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

She's nearly #9...she's nearly #9...WooHoo...keep voting...please!!!
                    Going to work now...will be back later tonight...bye...and keep voting!!!!!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

if she's not the girlfriend, what is she??? oh, we don't have time to figure that out, let's just give her some exposition and have her support someone

after all, that's what women do right????????
                      And let's not forget the infamous Season 8 faxing scene. We can have her temp for the secretaries. In their defense, on the commentary, they did mention something about AT having to leave work early that day, which is why she ducked out of the scene fairly quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        Results of Season 1 Poll (with link to the Season 1 Poll Thread)
                        It would be interesting to see if AT would agree with our assessments of her best acting episodes. Of course she's pretty modest. It's not like she'd be saying: "Yes, I was *so* good in that one."

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                          At least we will get over BB and than it is all worth it still I do feel bad by passing RDA.
                          and next mounth we start with a new beginning and if we start voting than we will be #1. and that is where AT belongs. She is just the best. she makes the fact that I haven't got a lot of sleep the past couple of days worth it. she just deserves it. I have never met her but still I find her a friendly person, someone who diserves our devotion and our respect. just like the way she respects everyone
                          Yes, we should see if we can get AT at the top and also the rest of the original gang in there. Maybe we can even get DSD to crack the top 200.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            This one is definitely my favorite so far!!

Me too! This is great minigeek! This is my favorite so far too!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Yes, we should see if we can get AT at the top and also the rest of the original gang in there. Maybe we can even get DSD to crack the top 200.
                              And maybe we can also give some love to TR, I mean isn't it hard enough that she isn't in the show anymore

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                I like the way you think, jckfan!

Comment

Working...
                                X