Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    Ok strange that I do understand...that previous post you wrote I didn't understand... Ok silly me... it isn't that hard to do... dumb dumb dumb.
    LOL nah, my previous thing is obviously two wordy. I shall revamp it for the next time I send the reminder out.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      I've sent email through to the at.com listserver and to the amandatappingclub list as well. What is "the french website"?

Anyone who might be kind enough to want to help me spread the word, I'd welcome it with open arms. I'm not much of a PR afficionado. The links I've been sending is this one:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=43421

Thanks for the advice, Spazzy.

mg
      Well, I do quite a few bits and pieces for the French website, so I can pass the message on. Their English tends to be a bit hit and miss, so you need to make sure the instructions are properly translated and so on, so if you want me to pass the message on, just let me know They are doing their own thing, though, like a big scrapbook.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
        Ok strange that I do understand...that previous post you wrote I didn't understand... Ok silly me... it isn't that hard to do... dumb dumb dumb.
        Is this poster thingy only for a specific group or can anyone join in and send something? Also when's the deadline?
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Is everyone voting? - it's a bit of a battle in there!!
          [air of mystery]

You can now upgrade "several" to "umpteen"...

[/air of mystery]

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Well, I do quite a few bits and pieces for the French website, so I can pass the message on. Their English tends to be a bit hit and miss, so you need to make sure the instructions are properly translated and so on, so if you want me to pass the message on, just let me know They are doing their own thing, though, like a big scrapbook.
            YES PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              That may have been the case, but they could've found a look alike (though it would've sucked). And if they couldn't do that, they could've written more lines about the poor girl - in that ep and in the eps that followed.

Cassie became this nice little fallback bit of info the writers were able to slide in there to "explain" Sam's absence, but they never elaborated on WHAT was wrong with Cassie. Surely Daniel and Teal'c (and Jack) would've cared as well. I guess, in some weird way, I kinda see how it fits your "maternal figure" theory, Sky. But at the end of the day, that little bit of info wasn't important enough to expand upon.
              If Sam left the SGC for Area 51 (and wasn't she on the Prometheus for a while) because of Cassie, rather than using some of what, given what we've seen of Sam's workaholic tendencies, had to be months worth of saved-up leave, then Daniel and Teal'c were more than likely aware of her reason for leaving and I would have thought that when she returned, given that it had been a couple of weeks since she and Daniel had spoken, that he and Teal'c would want to know how Cassie was getting on.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                Is this poster thingy only for a specific group or can anyone join in and send something? Also when's the deadline?

Everyone and anyone.

The sooner the better.

More info: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=43421

-

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  Is everyone voting? - it's a bit of a battle in there!!
                  I'm voting, but the further up the leaderboard we move Amanda, the more difficult it will be as there will probably be more people voting for the other celebs.

As many voters as can be rounded up, voting as often as they're allowed, should do the trick. We mightn't make the top spot, but we can climb further.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                    Avalon was a big disappointment for me. I felt like we should have gotten more explanation. Everything was just different, and we were left with just speculation. These changes were major! I understand why AT and RDA weren't in the episode, but MS and CJ were there. It would have been nice to have one short scene between the two that kindof explained the months that the audience missed in their lives. We could have done without a Mitchell/Landry moment if time was the issue.
                    Yep, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

I just had to pop in and say, I've been reading through some of the hand-signatures for the AT2 thank-you poster and some of them are SO SWEET, they're making ME cry! LOL I don't know how some of you guys can say so much in so few words, but I really think Amanda's going to be very touched when she reads these all. It makes me so proud to be a part of this group (in general), so I just wanted to share that (while I'm still all drippy and silly!)

Still hoping for a lot more signatures, though! Have about 25 or so, but I'm HOPING we'll be able to get at least triple that number for the final poster by October.

geek
                      I really want to do that! I just have to think of something meaningful to say. So little space and so much to convey.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        I'm voting, but the further up the leaderboard we move Amanda, the more difficult it will be as there will probably be more people voting for the other celebs.

As many voters as can be rounded up, voting as often as they're allowed, should do the trick. We mightn't make the top spot, but we can climb further.
                        At least we will get over BB and than it is all worth it still I do feel bad by passing RDA.
                        and next mounth we start with a new beginning and if we start voting than we will be #1. and that is where AT belongs. She is just the best. she makes the fact that I haven't got a lot of sleep the past couple of days worth it. she just deserves it. I have never met her but still I find her a friendly person, someone who diserves our devotion and our respect. just like the way she respects everyone

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                          Can you guys answer a question for me please? Which episode
                          Spoiler:
                          does Sam give Woolsey a good telling off and why? I just saw a clip of it in a music vid and, man, did she look PO'd! *I* would've been scared by the look and scowl she gives him! Kudos to Amanda BTW, how many other actresses could convey that much scorn in a fuzzy vid clip with no sound?!?
                          It's an awesome scene.

Comment

if someone doesn't have a scanner, pm me and i can give you my address. you can mail it to me, i can scan it in and then e-mail it to MG
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              if someone doesn't have a scanner, pm me and i can give you my address. you can mail it to me, i can scan it in and then e-mail it to MG
                              You're so sweet. Thank you sky.

hugs**
                              mg

Comment

So, as some of ya may recall (or not) I never really liked the way the head and facial features turned out on my last sketch illustration, so I'd been trying to redo it (the result is several attempts long) and I'm still not 100% satisfied. Anyway, I was going for younger looking, sassy but without as much of a rambo edge (lol) - might as well share anyway. I don't know if it's better or worse or just as in between!

Spoiler:

Cheers,
                                geeek

Comment

Working...
                                X