No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone! Guess what? I decided to put my That Girl video on YouTube!!!

So please go there, vote for it (ya know, rate it), make comments on it, share it on myspace or whatever site you want and then tell your friends/family/loved ones to do the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFHBuFvB7aw

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      From they way I understand, based on the normal way these things are done, there are 2 overall factions, 'Good' and 'Evil'. The Good faction will be made up of the Tau'ri, Tok'ra, Asgard maybe the Jaffa while the Evil faction will have the Goa'uld, Ori, etc. You choose your overall faction (good or evil), then choose your sub-faction (Tau'ri if you went good for example, or maybe Goa'uld if you chose evil).

Once you've chose your factions, you'd then choose your character class (Soldiers, Scientists etc). There'd probably be some sub-faction restrictions on those too, because I've yet to see a Jaffa scientist or an Asgard soldier...

What he was saying is that because Amanda would be so popular, she would warrant her own faction
      SIF there'd be any doubt 'bout it. I mean, how could anyone NOT adore this woman?!??

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        <snip>

and the line about cassie being "a tough kid" who "survives". personally i didn't think anything of it. a friend of mine recently lost her mother, she's only about 20. i asked another friend "how is she?" and then as soon as it was out of my mouth realised that, although its a standard question in such a situation, its a pretty stupid one. the answer was something like, well she she's ok, but how can you be in that situation. i saw her not long after that and she was fine outwardly, but if anyone asked me how she was, the phrase "she's a tough kid, she survives, ya know?" would be apt. i don't think its callous at all. its a fact. what can you say to that? i find in my extensive dealings with death amongst friends and family that people are tough, and they survive. and most often the real grieving process can't begin until the truth of the situation hits those affected. and i find that often this doesn't happen until after the "official" mourning period.

<snip>
        Ok what you are saying is so right ... I just have to reply on this one.

I think it is normal that they would say that she is a tuff kid...Cause well she is. I mean that is the second time she lost her 'mother' so...and off course that is not nice and it is hard but for some reason Sam knew that Cassie could be handling it. I mean off course Cassie wil have a ruff time...And that is normal but Sam knew that Cassie is a kid that has been through a lot and she would survive the fact that she lost Janet... She could cope it. I mean ok she will need help to handle it but IMO that is what sam would gave cassie. And not only sam. I mean Cassie has a boyfriend and probably also some friends who can help her dealing with her lost. And also everyone on the SGC would be there for her.

And it is normal to ask a person how they are... I mean that is appropriate to do so... you just do that, most of the time you don't think about it. And most of the time the person that lost a rellative or a friend will not tell you what she/he feels. When you are in greeve you only talk to the person that you trust or the person that supports you, or just the person you need to come over that. and to the rest of the world you just say that everything is ok and that you are doing fine. But most of the time you aren't. Most of the time you are thinking of the fact why did that person die... You have so many questions but there isn't an answer for it. that comes when you are over it (wrong use of words sorry... don't know the right one) And even than you still have times that you are feeling down over it

I think that Cassie still has a lot of issues... but she has the support from a lot of people so she can cope with it

and sorry for the off-topic a bit but I just wanted to say that

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
          Better than S9 - that's encouraging.
          Is it even possible for it to get worse?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            don't say that... shttt... otherwise it could get worse... If it is even possible but I do still it could get worser but I hope that season 10 will be better

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              so, you never watched angel then no? or x-files? or voyager? (i know a lot of people don't think these shows ever got all that bad, but personally, i stopped watching x files in season 6 i think, voyager around season 5 and i don't want to talk about angel, unless its about the puppet episode. )

Comment

you know, sam's reaction of 'she's a tough kid' could also have been her way to not talking about it, not thinking about it...and avoiding the fact that, when i think of someone in that situation, it makes ME want to cry.

her seeming dismissal of cassie could have been less a dismissal of the girl's issues and more a level of protection for sam.

cause if she said 'oh, sir, it was horrible. she was up all night crying' then sam's gonna start crying and she wouldn't want to do that
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  She's gone up 20 spots since we started!
                  Wow! When I voted a little earlier this evening, she was a solid #13, and nipping at RDA's heels for #12!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Wow! When I voted a little earlier this evening, she was a solid #13, and nipping at RDA's heels for #12!
                    Well now she's gone from 39 to 13-WOOT!!!! 26 spots!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      SIF there'd be any doubt 'bout it. I mean, how could anyone NOT adore this woman?!??

You are SOOOOO right!!!!
                      Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                      Well now she's gone from 39 to 13-WOOT!!!! 26 spots!
                      The Power of Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        so, you never watched angel then no? or x-files? or voyager? (i know a lot of people don't think these shows ever got all that bad, but personally, i stopped watching x files in season 6 i think, voyager around season 5 and i don't want to talk about angel, unless its about the puppet episode. )
                        Good point - XF went downhill so fast it made my head spin. It was just bad. For me, a large part of it is what they did to the Scully character. It parallels what's happening to Sam, in a way. Would we rather see less Sam onscreen or a greater amount of Sam in the show but out-of-character? I've not been too up on all the talk/spoilers but that's the key question for me right now. I don't think either is good after all the terrific years of our wonderful Sam.
                        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Good point - XF went downhill so fast it made my head spin. It was just bad. For me, a large part of it is what they did to the Scully character. It parallels what's happening to Sam, in a way. Would we rather see less Sam onscreen or a greater amount of Sam in the show but out-of-character? I've not been too up on all the talk/spoilers but that's the key question for me right now. I don't think either is good after all the terrific years of our wonderful Sam.
                          I like the last season of X-Files...but Scully was OOC. I don't want them to butcher Sam. I hope that AT stands up for her character, because she knows Sam better than RCC or any of those guys do.

P.S. Everytime I type RCC I think of RC Cola...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            What he was saying is that because Amanda would be so popular, she would warrant her own faction
                            Ahhh! Heh heh... I see. Very well then. Smart man.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              You are SOOOOO right!!!!

The Power of Samanda.

We rock!

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

Comment

Oh yeah. I was a young fan during XF's demise, so I was relatively blind to its badness. But when I look back at Scully - especially after so many years - it's painful to watch.

While I don't think it'll get QUITE that bad on this show (and if so, pain = no sg for spaz), it is getting there. Very close. Too bad it has to be that way for female certain characters. It's like they have a shorter lifespan or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X