Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    Pictures and videos like that should not be quoted. It's a rule that i probably don't enforce as much as i should, largely because we usually behave.
    I don't understand. Sorry for being dense. Don't quote a picture or video? What does that mean?

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      I don't understand. Sorry for being dense. Don't quote a picture or video? What does that mean?

mg
      Basically, when you quote a post with a picture, you should delete the image tags so that it is just the link. It's better for people's dial up.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        Grumpy mod moment here

a) what part of 'don't bump' did y'all not get????? Please don't make me go all mod on you

b) those videos are cool and funny and make me want to see the whole thing, but please, please, please, stop quoting them. Pictures and videos like that should not be quoted. It's a rule that i probably don't enforce as much as i should, largely because we usually behave. But it is something worth mentioning

ok, i now return you to your Samming
        The term, oh dearly beloved Moddess, is Samandering. Samand-ering.

Unless "Samming" is now an approved abbreviated form of the official term???

Oh Royal Dictionarian??? Where art thou??? Wait. Who's the keeper of the Royal Dictionary???? Do we even HAVE a Royal Dictionary Keeper?

DOH.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          I actually didn't mind this scene too much. I'm not a shipper at all.

I saw this as a genuine reaction from Sam. If the 2 care very much for each other, Jack being injured would have got to her. I saw this as Sam just needing to tell Jack and express her feelings after what had happened to Janet. Life is too short, maybe Sam just had to let something out. I saw this scene as a reaction to what had happened to Janet as well, not a dismisal of it

Also I would have thought that Jack would realize how much she would be hurting regarding Janet and thus want to hold her back too. It wasn't a moment for playing Sir and subordinate. I thought this the only genuine glimpse of the 2 caring for each other in season 7 apart from Death Knell.

We saw how Sam felt about Janet when she returned to the base and in the scene with Teal'c. This was a scene with Jack.

I think the series moved on too quickly from Janets death though - like they just forgot about her - now that isn't reality!!

The Cassie statement was bizarre though haven't figured that one out.

It isn't mushy to express love or fear or relief for someone you care about.

just my 2p worth
          If you want to read my obnoxiously long take on it, it's here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=43729

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Oh Royal Dictionarian??? Where art thou??? Wait. Who's the keeper of the Royal Dictionary???? Do we even HAVE a Royal Dictionary Keeper?

DOH.

Ah shouldn't that duty fall on Strix?
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Ah shouldn't that duty fall on Strix?
              Hmmph. And I thought I had a problem volunteering other people for things.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                Caption Time

"Wha-hay! Look at that - this one's got the time on Abydos, Cimmeria, Chulak..."
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

No, I'm pretty sure that "Samming" is something else. Something quite specific. Something I'd really like to get a go at...
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Hmmph. And I thought I had a problem volunteering other people for things.

Ah I don't recall you having any prombem volunteering other people

Oh ye dancer of spaz
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                      No, I'm pretty sure that "Samming" is something else. Something quite specific. Something I'd really like to get a go at...
                      Oi, you! Get in the queue. AD's at the front, I think I'm in second, Myrth is behind me, Strix has reserved a place.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor

(besides the obvious, that's what hair driers are for )
                        Now that just seems...painful to me. USing a hairdryer on the perky parts, I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Oi, you! Get in the queue. AD's at the front, I think I'm in second, Myrth is behind me, Strix has reserved a place.
                          My guess is that scarimor will be waiting in line a pretty long time!!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

mg
                            Well instead of THIS:

You'd get THIS:

Hey lady who's choosing MR. RICKIE'S chips over PETE'S chips. (*snerkle*) Yeah you. HEADS UP! The one and THE ONLY... Colonel. Samantha. Carter. ...is standing like RIGHT behind you!!!

Magnets FTW!

Sam is pleased to see her idea in motion.

Dude...it's not like it's rocket surgery or anything...DUH.

Comment

Nice one oob
                              scarimor

Comment

I love that add. "It's not like it's astrophysics or anything" so funny.

I also have a quick AT question. I was looking at a pic of her in the Stargate Magazine and her eyes were green. I thought they were blue? My mom also noticed this in 'Emancipation' when the Mongul guy said she had blue eyes, she contradicted it and said they were blue. Can someone set me straight, or is AT just wearing contacts?
                                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X