Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Caption Time

Sam: Oh look at the time, Sorry Cam I have a meeting I can't stay to hear the general's speech about you.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Wow. I wouldn't let her put my name on it anywhere, but Anni and I were goofing around this morning for an hour or so and we wrote something short and silly together that she's posting now on ff.net. First time for everything, hey?

It's about Sam, sort of, but the characters are Daniel and Jack and it takes place during season nine. It's based on a bigger idea we have, which may or may not go anywhere, lol

Implied (but very understated) Sam/Jack.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3014270/1/

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Caption Time

The peeping Tom on my left gets the trap door treatment in 3...2...1....

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
          Alas, no, but it's a brilliant fanwank.
          Really, that's about the only way to make that scene palatable, IMO. I hate, hate, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate that scene, probably the low point of Heroes, Pt. 2, IMO. For one thing, the script manages to make the post-mortem situation All About Sam. In fact, this is the only episode in which I actively dislike Sam ... which is saying a lot, coming from me. She doesn't say tickety-boo about Fraiser, waves Cassandra's plight away with the infamous "She's a tough kid; she survives," and then it's all, Oh Sir, I was sooooooooooooooooo worried about you! Sniff! Sniff!"
          ( ... and let's not mention the Shippy Piano of True Love, pouring romantic syrup all over everything. Good. I'm glad we didn't mention it.)
          What gravitas the scene possesses, it owes to RDA (and he absolutely shines in his limited screen time), whether it's the bitter understatement of "It didn't help Fraiser much" and the dignity of "C'mere." I don't get any shippy vibes from Jack here: RDA plays it absolutely straight.
          Dang it all! I didn't realize how much I miss the character of Jack until this very moment. Now I need a hug.

You guys have such interesting discussions ... I wish I could keep up with the message volume, but ... work, family ... you know.
          I also hated that the scene was made about Sam and Jack. I wouldn't have minded her crying over Janet and the hug. But come on, he's fine--janet isn't coming back. I would have preferred something like what we had--Sam breaking down after "It didn't help Fraiser much" and then skipping that "I was worried about you" thing. Edit: This is not to say AT didn't do a fine job with what she was given.
          Last edited by jckfan55; 28 June 2006, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            The peeping Tom on my left gets the trap door treatment in 3...2...1....
            LOL Coley here is the same picture cropped differently

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
              A little tangent....

I don't quite know why they've gone the route they have with Landry. Hammond's greatest strength as a character was the quiet sagaciousness he brought to decisions. Despite all the wackiness going on at the SGC with all the sundry SG teams, he never came across as flummoxed or out of his element or unsure of what his options were. I can't say the same for Landry, who does not come across to me as the model of assurance. Sure, Landry gets the job done (that red phone is easy to use, despite the sanguine color), but always in a more flustered, more spastic manner than is customary at SGC. Maybe it's the rigidness with which Beau plays him that makes me feel that way. Maybe it's the way Mitchell snaps to attention when in his presence, which is always manages to indicate how uncomfortable his presence makes others feel. Either way, I just don't feel that Landry's character adds to the competancy and elite nature of the SGC the way Hammond's did.

Like others have mentioned, Hammond also had the ability to play a paternal figure to SG-1, too. His relationships with Sam and Teal'c, in particular, were fashioned in that manner. Landry, conversely, is never going to get there with the team. For one thing, all of the team is so much older than they were when they met Hammond. They're all also way, way, way more experienced with the stuff they're dealing with, negating any experiential wisdom he might dispense. Oh, and of course he's got his issues with his own daughter, which cancel out (and then some) any impression I get that he might be able to convincingly play a paternal figure for anyone.

Further, Hammond brought the ability to play equal to Jack O'neill (not RDA). For all his years of experience and black ops, for all the seasoned miltary airs that Jack exuded so natually, Hammond was the only other military officer ever presented with a position equal to O'neill's. In large part it was due to the way RDA played Jack when around Hammond, with a more passive and reverential wit than with others. I think the only time Landry has ever come across as George Hammond's equal was when he was playing chess with Jack. I found Landry a promising figure there, but don't feel he's lived up to his introduction.

To end this rambling, I'm curious to see how Landry fits in this season. Hammond certainly changed for the better by season two. Here's hoping the same can be said of Hank.
              That's *excellent* points on the green jello--I do know how to spell. I like what you say about Hammond holding his own with Jack and Jack respecting him. I'm very lukewarm about Landry. I think they wasted a lot of time on the father/daughter thing when they should have been developing his relationships with the TEAM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                That's *excellent* points on the green jello--I do know how to spell. I like what you say about Hammond holding his own with Jack and Jack respecting him. I'm very lukewarm about Landry. I think they wasted a lot of time on the father/daughter thing when they should have been developing his relationships with the TEAM.
                I think (like all the 'new' characters in season nine), they rather thrust Landry out into the open without a net and expected people to embrace him as they would one of the long time characters with history and depth. It was almost as though they wanted to piggy back his acceptance on the fact that people already liked and missed Hammond and would therefore (automatically) embrace the new version of Hammond, without any work (no writing, no backstory, no scenes with the older characters). Very lazy writing (as with all the character introductions during season nine imho).

GB, I tried to green you but I have used up my supply for the next 24 hours. D'oh.

Comment

LOL Coley here is the same picture cropped differently

Nice tsax, nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Yep, the poll gives us something positive keep us entertained until Friday.
                    Next Friday, you'll all be waiting patiently( or impatiently for some) for pics and summaries about Amanda at the Shore Leave convention and the week after that we'll be bouncing on our seats waiting( or worrying ) about the season premiere of SG-1.
                    July is next Friday? don't tell me that. I've got a work deadline! We convention deprived will indeed be waiting for reports from you kind attendees.

Comment

Caption Time

These Samandans have been gushing about me for over an hour. It's flattering, but I've got a script to read for tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        I also hated that the scene was made about Sam and Jack. I wouldn't have minded her crying over Janet and the hug. But come on, he's fine--janet isn't coming back. I would have preferred something like what we had--Sam breaking down after "It didn't help Fraiser much" and then skipping that "I was worried about you" thing.

I actually didn't mind this scene too much. I'm not a shipper at all.

I saw this as a genuine reaction from Sam. If the 2 care very much for each other, Jack being injured would have got to her. I saw this as Sam just needing to tell Jack and express her feelings after what had happened to Janet. Life is too short, maybe Sam just had to let something out. I saw this scene as a reaction to what had happened to Janet as well, not a dismisal of it

Also I would have thought that Jack would realize how much she would be hurting regarding Janet and thus want to hold her back too. It wasn't a moment for playing Sir and subordinate. I thought this the only genuine glimpse of the 2 caring for each other in season 7 apart from Death Knell.

We saw how Sam felt about Janet when she returned to the base and in the scene with Teal'c. This was a scene with Jack.

I think the series moved on too quickly from Janets death though - like they just forgot about her - now that isn't reality!!

The Cassie statement was bizarre though haven't figured that one out.

It isn't mushy to express love or fear or relief for someone you care about.

just my 2p worth

Comment

Originally Posted by minigeek
                          but I have used up my supply for the next 24 hours. D'oh.
                          24 hours? That's all? I can't ever green anyone. Days, weeks, whole months go by without my being able to green others--I swear the system has something against me. Therefore, just so that everyone knows, whenever you make one of those posts that merits some kind of comment and I say nothing, leaving you to wonder, "Hey, what's up with that GB? He's mighty stingy with the rep," it's because my own little private war with the rep system is going poorly. The enemy is wily and full of guile, but I manage to eke out a victory every once and a while.
                          Last edited by golfbooy; 28 June 2006, 11:33 AM. Reason: Heinous spelling of eke

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                            "Designated Mourner". That's brilliant.

LOL, yeah that stuck out to me as well. All four of them are Designated Somethings...

Comment

Grumpy mod moment here

a) what part of 'don't bump' did y'all not get????? Please don't make me go all mod on you

b) those videos are cool and funny and make me want to see the whole thing, but please, please, please, stop quoting them. Pictures and videos like that should not be quoted. It's a rule that i probably don't enforce as much as i should, largely because we usually behave. But it is something worth mentioning

ok, i now return you to your Samming
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

The Cassie statement was bizarre though haven't figured that one out.

I could see where they wanted to go with that line, and how it was delivered, so I didn't have an issue with it. But I do remember discussing it here with a friend and we agreed - to keep the understatement and the effect they wanted but sound it off a bit different - if we'd written it, it'd probably have gone something like this:

Jack
                                How's Cassie?

Carter stares at him.

Jack
                                (looks down, quietly)
                                Yeah.

(...)

We figured, same moment, but less room for ambiguity.

mg

Comment

Working...
                                X