No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping!!! Second from the bottom...holy hannah!!!

"Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
      "So you think I swagger, huh?"
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        I don't have photoshop or anything fancy, so when the mood strikes me to make something...I make collages! And since I fancy AT to death, I thought I'd throw some pics of she and Sam together. Hope you like!

Spoiler:

As I was making this...PLATHUNK!!!! The woman is GORGEOUS! My favorite pic is the one in the pink dress. She's so pretty.
        Looks great... and she really looks pretty in that pink dress... I think she looks so girly... I mean the pink than her beautiful blond hair... and the smile
        she is really a natural beauty
        what program do you use to make that collage? cause it does look great for not having anything fancy.

Still everytime if I see that pic with her in that blue dress from I get a strange feeling about it... it is really not beautiful. I mean it doesn't suit her... Don't love that dress.
        But the episode was one of her better acting. when I saw her acting there I really was amazed how a good actor she is. I was stunned by her. (I think that is also the moment when I became a fan of her...that was the episode that conviced me how good she really is)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          whine time...

i few minutes ago, i showed my mom one of the videos i've saved on my computer. it's 'all american girl'. anyhoo, after my mom watched it again, she said how much she loved it and that song... then she turned to me and said it also made her sad. she said she missed the show. and i knew just what she was talking about!

the whole style and feel of season 9 was... empty. how do you explain to someone that's basically new to this show what's missing now? they just don't seem to really 'feel' it.

i feel we had 6 years of prime rib. then two years of steak and potatoes. then last year it was macdonalds. i miss stargate

k, whine time is over.

sally
          I love your comparison. I mean you just nailed it.
          Season 1-7 (yeah season 7 for me too) where the best... never saw better. Ok there where the clip-shows and some episodes I didn't like but... they where great. AT had some good screentime, she played Carter very good and you saw that she was a member of a team who went on missions and being herself. They were the team
          Season 8 was IMO nice for the shippy parts, RepliCarter and that is it... I mean where is the team? and where are the good old fashion missions? I really missed them
          And Season 9... well that is just to bad... Mitchell took the place of Carter and she is just like a doll where he plays with...Uses it when he needs it. But still sometimes you can see that she is the leader... I know that Mitchell is the leader but Sam is the real leader... she also gives Daniel and Teal'c orders and they do listen to her... so IMO she is the leader and Mitchell just thinks he is but he really isn't

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            So I loved seeing Amanda in that Season 10 preview thing. She is SUCH a ham, isn't she?

Amanda...proving once and for all that she is, in fact, a spaz...doing "The Amanda" (soon to hit dance floors all over the North American and European continents):

Oh yeah...she's one of us.
            ROFLMAO!! What a cracker!!! That is sooo cool. This is why we love Amanda...she's just so....normal...and adorable!!
            Thanks Uber...sorry, can't do umlauts...forgive me?
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
              I don't have photoshop or anything fancy, so when the mood strikes me to make something...I make collages! And since I fancy AT to death, I thought I'd throw some pics of she and Sam together. Hope you like!

Spoiler:

As I was making this...PLATHUNK!!!! The woman is GORGEOUS! My favorite pic is the one in the pink dress. She's so pretty.
              Great pics LA!! Well done...I like the pink dress one too!!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Night all...bed is calling me...will try to get back tomorrow...season 9 starts tomorrow night at 11pm!!! Dang...I'm gonna be buggered on Friday! C ya!!

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  So that's my take on that scene...supremely performed by Amanda...who expressed Sam's love and loss and relief and pain with such grace and skill, brilliantly weaving in the aspects of her personna that try to keep her emotional guard up and equally brilliantly, allowing that guard to fall to pieces without going over the top.
                  That's exactly it, if you ask me, Ooober. That's what I saw, too. Well articulated. I'd green you, but I'm all outta jell-o, dagnabbit.

mg
                  Last edited by minigeek; 28 June 2006, 05:37 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                    When you describe the episode it has depth; when I watch it ... not so much.
                    We're going to have to agree to disagree here.

Originally posted by Carterslave
                    You and others here have clearly studied the characters in far greater depth than I; personally, I can't get past the seemingly tone-deaf writing
                    I get it. The scene is anathema for you. However, I do think (with all due respect) that this particular scene upset you on a personal level, for reasons other than that it wasn't beautifully performed by Amanda. having said that, I also respect your feelings where that issue ( ) is concerned, so I'll leave this discussion a little early, I think.

Suffice it to say I don't think I could articulate my point of view any better than Ooober already did, as it stands.

Cheers,
                    mg
                    Last edited by minigeek; 28 June 2006, 05:36 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Thank you Oooober for answer that age old question...what exactly is a dancer of spaz

LOL what IS Amanda doing! ooooh just had a thought::::Amanda......"I'm leading SG1 yeah,yeah, yeah! I'm singing that to the Beatles "She loves you yeah, yeah yeah. OK that was poor but it was almost the first thing that came to mind!
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Hey Sal I found something just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLgKu...anda%20tapping
                        I know you posted it for Sally, but I appreciate it too. I would green you but I'm all out at the moment.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi fellow Samandans. Do you know what we have turned in to? The people in the hatch on Lost. Sitting and waiting for the timer to sound so we can push the button. Ananda is #15. Woops there goes the timer. Must go push the button.

Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 61
                            Hi fellow Samandans. Do you know what we have turned in to? The people in the hatch on Lost. Sitting and waiting for the timer to sound so we can push the button. Ananda is #15. Woops there goes the timer. Must go push the button.

Joanne
                            Well it looks a lot like that doesn't it... but pushing the button does have a purpose... promoting AT to people who don't know her... I mean really those people should get to know her... isn't that worht it??
                            still here is the link for some of the lurkers who also like AT and want to vote for her http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/ she can use your support and ours... we are aming for top 10 so... VOTE

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Well these kinds of things *are* kind of silly. Unless of course we get her to #1 in which case they are *totally* meaningful. No, seriously it would be great for AT to see another indication of all the support she has. What can I say? AT is the best.
                              I've really got to stop reading while I'm drinking Diet Coke.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Well, they probably would have talked about the lighting and HD for the whole episode or Gary Jones and PDL would have talked about bodily functions the whole time anyway.
                                You have a point.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X