Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db
    Hey RC....how was your birthday?
    Really great... a lit bit tired today... Hadn't have a lot of sleep actually but well that is my own fault I guess... and it is not over yet... some of my friends are planning this week some things... so I will surprised the whole week... Ok I am starting to love birthdays...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
      Really great... a lit bit tired today... Hadn't have a lot of sleep actually but well that is my own fault I guess... and it is not over yet... some of my friends are planning this week some things... so I will surprised the whole week... Ok I am starting to love birthdays...
      Wow...party girl!!! As you get older the birthdays become less fun...believe me!!! My last big bash was for my 30th...almost 6 years ago now!! My next big one will be for my 40th....holy hannah !!!
      Have a great week!! Don't party too hard....ah forget that...party hard!!!!!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        go here to read an amanda interview/article.

sally
        thanks for the link Sal

from the article
        "It'll be a very mixed thing. I don't know what I'd do without my army boots!" she laughs. "I'll stay as long as there's a valid place for this character on the show and it's still fun.
        I guess it looks more promising for S10, I hope
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

go here to read an amanda interview/article.
          sally
          She's so NICE. I just wanna give her a great big hug when I read stuff like that! OK that's it. I'm starting the GET minigeek AN AMANDA TAPPING HUG AT GABIT2 petition, LOL

Now all I have to do is find a way to promote it... hmmmmmmm....

(and get in line, dammit!)

Hi. You don't know me, but can I HUG you? (Okay, THAT'S not weird at all...)

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

SPECIAL MESSAGES AND SIGNATURES FOR AMANDA

!!! TIME IS RUNNING OUT !!!

DEADLINE: OCTOBER 2006

A
            THANK YOU CARD

Hiya Ladies and Gents,

A FRIENDLY REMINDER...

For those of you who don't (already) know, the project is essentially a "Thank You" card to Amanda, for ten years of Sam Carter - from Amanda Fans everywhere!

...THE PLAN...

To professionally print a poster-sized comic-book (esque) sketch ILLUSTRATION (which I have drawn) of Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, decked out in full SG-1 gear - around which will be a whole bunch of signatures, accompanied by a small note of affection and/or encouragement for Amanda from her fans.

The Sketch Has Been Chosen By Popular Vote:
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=34939

Amanda always signs autographs for her fans, I thought it'd be super cool to give her something signed by all of us for a change. This is something we hope Amanda might want to keep, and something that would remind her of how much we've all loved watching her play Sam Carter for the past decade.
            The poster will be presented to Amanda during the AT2 GABIT event.

So... how will all the fan signatures end up on the actual poster, you may ask??

Good question!

...WHAT DO YOU DO?...

Signatures will appear exactly as they were written.

1. Choose your message.

2. Write it down on a WHITE PIECE OF PAPER. Include your province/state/country with your name at the bottom of the note.

3. SCAN your paper into the computer as an image at the highest resolution you can (bigger is better).

4. Save it (JPG/TIF/BMP)

5. If you do not have a scanner or don't know how to get your message scanned, send the text only in an email to ([email protected]), and I'll use a special "handwriting" font to make it look written. No one will be left out. But scanning is a more personal touch, if you can manage it.

You've got as much space as indicated in the example image below. 50 words or less.

Note: this image is about 1/3 the "actual size"
            that YOUR image should look like after it
            is scanned in.

When you're done please EMAIL THE IMAGE to:

FanSigsForAT @ gmail.com
            Use the subject header "SIGNATURE FOR AT"

That's it!

...THEN WHAT?...

<-- The DEADLINE IS OCTOBER, 2006 -->

All goes well, we should have a really great original kind of "Thank You" card for Amanda. Something with a personal touch from as many of her online fans as wish to participate.

Thanks guys so much for all your help in advance... spread the word if you can. Wherever you know there are fans of Amanda.

Love and hugs to you all !!

Cheers,
            minigeek

Last edited by minigeek; 21 September 2006, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              She's so NICE. I just wanna give her a great big hug when I read stuff like that! OK that's it. I'm starting the GET minigeek AN AMANDA TAPPING HUG AT GABIT2 petition, LOL

-
              I'm sure she'd give you a hug during the photo ops if you asked. She seemed to be very huggy during the photos at Gabit. I'm one of those strange people who has issues with giving hugs to strangers so I didn't ask for one, but Amanda still put her arm around my shoulder for the photo. I believe she enjoys giving and receiving hugs which is probably why she's adored by so many fans. She really has a way of making everyone feel very comfortable around her.
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 26 June 2006, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I'm sure she'd give you a hug during the photo ops if you asked. She seemed to be very huggy during the photos at Gabit. I'm one of those strange people who has issues with giving hugs to strangers so I didn't ask for one, but Amanda still put her arm around my shoulder for the photo. I believe she enjoys giving and receiving hugs which is probably why she's adored by so many fans. She really has a way of making everyone feel very comfortable around her.
                I love hugs. LOL I hug *everybody* - it started in Theatre school and I just can't seem... to.... stop... hugging.... people.... Seriously, if you point me at a person (that doesn't creep me out!), I will hug them. Well... there are SOME exceptions. But not many!!

hee hee

Hey, if we all hugged strangers more often, maybe the world would be a happier place, huh? Hmmm... or else we'd all just never get anything done, going from person to person and squeeeezing them...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

-
                  No mini not weird at all...*Security we got another one!!*
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    No mini not weird at all...*Security we got another one!!*
                    I already told them, I want a bed by the window, darn it!

Comment

Here ya go...

Caption This!

Comment

Here ya go...

Caption This!
                        Sam: please let me be the leader of sg1 in season10... amen

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          caption time!

sam's new teddy bear arrives in the post

or

the sgc's developing transporter technology still has a few glitches that need working out
                          Great captions and I love that picture.
                          I've been voting for AT too. Kind of a fun way to show our appreciation.

Comment

this is something that popped into my head while walking home from work. it's kind of unusual, but...

what is/are your *least* fave sam moment(s)?

this can be a scene where you didn't like what happened to sam. or a scene where you didn't like how sam came off. or how she was written. etc.

my choices are:

s2, 'spirits'. i didn't like how the writers took the focus off sam and gave it to jack (the last part of the ep).

s2, 'a matter of time'. jack kind of scolds her for wanting to watch the black hole.

s3, 'learning curve'. i wish more had been made of sam's relationship with merrin, instead of jack's.

s4, '2010'. i didn't like sam letting joe make her decisions. i know she did it 'her' way at the end, but i wish she would have spoken up in front of everyone.

s5, 'ascension'. i wanted it shown that sam was more ticked at everyone after how they weren't there for her. including her own government.

s5, 'desperate measures'. the emphasis at the end, again, was taken from sam to jack.

s6, 'night walkers'. it needed fallout for sam.

s6, 'abyss'. sam was involved in making the decision for jack to take the symbiote. i wanted to see the fallout from that, at least from sam's own guilt.

s7, 'chimera'. i didn't like sam letting pete get away with his behavior.

s7, 'death knell'. i didn't like seeing sam give up at the end, even though i understood why.

s8, 'affinity'. i didn't like sam saying yes to pete.

going into season 9; there's so much that i don't like that i'll just pick out my biggies.

s9, 'beachhead'. i didn't like how 'uneventful' sam's return was written.

s9, 'the fourth horseman(s)'. the writers rewrote sam's history with orlin.

s9, 'ripple effect'. *almost* rewriting sam's history with martouf.

sally
                            Good choices. Here's a little one, but it bothers me every time. Thor's Chariot. They arrive at Cimmeria and Sam says "No hostiles in sight, sir." Well, duh. Like he can't see that for himself. That just strikes me as a dumb line.

Comment

Here's another one to Caption if you get bored...or you can just admire Amanda's pretty smile.

Comment

Here ya go...

Caption This!
                                Sam: Please let them get S10 right.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X