No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info on the new promo, tsax! I admit, I hardly ever go to SciFi's site.....

But I watched it several times, and have gleaned this info and questions from it:

Spoiler:
    1. The original four are going up the gate together in the team shot: Jack (pulling on knit cap), Sam, Daniel and Teal'c...with Mitchell behind them.

2. I believe there's a shot of Vala with Ba'al.

3. I'm worried about what's wrong with Sam.

4. Who is the man Vala is leaning over in one of the last shots?

Can someone confirm these observations and/or answer the questions?

Thanks!

EDIT: And as for that new team photo, I find it......creepy!

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
      What, no leather for Vala in a promo pic???? Budget cuts???? Maybe they are spending the $ on actually showing the Stargate this season? Remember that big round spinning thingy with a bunch of little pictures? You know, the one where steam comes out and everything?
      I think the clingy clothing is enough. As well as the push-up bra.

Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Thanks for sharing these quotes. And I love that picture of her in the bar. She *does* look young & great as usual.
        i loved that picture too. i saved it, because amanda looked sooooo sweet. (((amanda)))

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

The fic Reflections by SelDear was recommended on the thread a while back, and I know some of you wanted to wait to read it until it was complete. It's done now, so if you want to read it, you can find it here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2973995/1/

It is shippy, but IMO the focus is more on Sam than on the relationship, and I'm saying that as a non-shipper.

I just ignored the really shippy parts, and enjoyed the whumping, etc.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            Thanks for the info on the new promo, tsax! I admit, I hardly ever go to SciFi's site.....

But I watched it several times, and have gleaned this info and questions from it:

Spoiler:
            1. The original four are going up the gate together in the team shot: Jack (pulling on knit cap), Sam, Daniel and Teal'c...with Mitchell behind them. I believe when they are going up the ramp Mitchel and Vala are in the background

2. I believe there's a shot of Vala with Ba'al. yes there is a clip of ba'al and Vala - could be from "Insiders"

3. I'm worried about what's wrong with Sam. Not sure which episode this is going to be from - I don't think it's "Flesh and Blood" there is a clip with something exploding behind Sam - it could also be something from the 200th - I'm going to have to wait until we get more promos to figure this one out

4. Who is the man Vala is leaning over in one of the last shots? That is Vala's husband Tomin

Can someone confirm these observations and/or answer the questions?

Thanks!

EDIT: And as for that new team photo, I find it......creepy!
            Look in your spolier I put my answers in Red
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Okay I have the magazine that the new promo ad is in and after looking at the ad itself and not the scan that is online I have to say that the thing that bugs me the most about the ad is Bens hands and the bad photoshop job on them. They just don't look real and it makes him look like a plastic figure. I look at the ad and it makes me think it is an ad for the new action figures not the new season.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

...And the results for the Season One Poll are...

Singularity
                came out as the episode with the most votes
                for Favorite/Most Memorable AT acting scenes.

Solitudes came in a close second

Results of Season 1 Poll + posted comments

Comment

And the Season Two Poll is now up and active

COME ONE, COME ALL,
                  to my second attempt at a GW Forum thread poll

Favorite/Most Memorable Amanda Tapping acting scenes in Season 2

Remember, you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
                  but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

If you want a reminder of what each episode was about... Season Two
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 23 June 2006, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    AD, that's exactly what I was hoping for
                    Spoiler:
                    that the morphine injection could lead back to a Jolinar-aftereffects reference. I wonder if the writers (et. al.) know how many points they score with their fan base when they tie things back to earlier episode content? Those types of references always impress me!
                    Textual layering is good for the soul
                    scarimor

Comment

Time for a few Carterpics

That one on the left is one of my all time favourites.
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        The fic Reflections by SelDear was recommended on the thread a while back, and I know some of you wanted to wait to read it until it was complete. It's done now, so if you want to read it, you can find it here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2973995/1/

It is shippy, but IMO the focus is more on Sam than on the relationship, and I'm saying that as a non-shipper.

I just ignored the really shippy parts, and enjoyed the whumping, etc.

NC
                        Thanx for the link... I was looking for a fanfic about sam and her whumping with a bit of S/J shipping in and never found one... now I have one to read... thanx. well will read it tonight.

Comment

And the Season Two Poll is now up and active

COME ONE, COME ALL,
                          to my second attempt at a GW Forum thread poll

Favorite/Most Memorable Amanda Tapping acting scenes in Season 2

Remember, you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
                          but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

If you want a reminder of what each episode was about... Season Two
                          Woohoo! I'll probably vote tomorrow, when I can think clearly. Maybe I'll include pictures with my descriptions if I'm feeling up to it. But I know if I did it now, I'd forget something I like...*yawns*...so yeah, in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                            That one on the left is one of my all time favourites.
                            Tee hee. She's the smallest of them all. It makes sense to throw her in the front, lest she be devoured by the guys.

Comment

You know, I go away for one week for training and SciFi does that promotional picture? *sigh* Somebody needs some Quality Control over there. But, it's Skiffy (owned by NBC/Universal, wich sucks big time).

Sky, if you see this, I'd like to see that picture of the S6/S7 promo shot. My email's in my profile.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                                Oh my. I feel a squee coming on. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this and the other comments by AT. Have a safe trip.
                                You know, I can't get excited about that quote. If all that's being filmed for the 200th episode, then it's not real. The 200th is a throw away episode and quite frankly, is looking to be ridiculous (and not in a good way). I want something between them that's actually a part of an episode that's in the storyline. That is just a farce and won't mean anything in the end.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X