Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Okay here is how the article starts .....

The champagne flowed and the cake was delicious as Stargate Sg-1 celebrated its 200th episode with a break in filming for a party on the set in April. Join the cast and crew as they reminisce about the show's early days, the development of their characters, the creation of the 200th episode and the future of the award-winning series.

First quote is from (drum roll..........

Amanda Tapping (Col. Sam Carter): [Arriving to film the 200th episode] Okay I'm puting this in spoilers well just in case have fun SALLY
    Spoiler:
    It's crazy and mad and bonkers and wonderful that we've come this far, and what's even more crazy is that even with this early a start, we're still having fun. Today is going to be amazing. I'm all fired up. I'm going to be working with Richard Dean Anderson [again], I'm going to OZ, I'm going to squeeze into a dream of a wedding dress, and I'm going to a party. Wanna come?

Oh my. I feel a squee coming on. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this and the other comments by AT. Have a safe trip.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      *doing a weird whimpering and squeeing noise.... over and over*

*doin' that noise again. must go over to shipper thread to explode*

i'm coping this to the shipper thread, okay???

sally
      *looks at sally with concern*

Umm Sally? You still with us?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i hope so...

i like the idea of whumpsam, but i *don't* like her paired with mitchell. anyone but mitchell.

also, i saw a new full page add (got from another forum) -

why look who's pushed up front of the cast?

i better stop now, since i'm about to enter into mean and snotty territory.

sally
        Who picked these promo pics? Because that one doesn't make anyone look good. Teal'c looks so...odd in this, and in the other photos. It's disturbing.
        Vala would look good, but for her chest thrust out...big surprise. Sam looks very pretty, except she seems a little slumpy. She's the only one, on edit, that seems relaxed and natural.

But Mitchell and Daniel look ridiculously posed! I'm way more bothered by how ridiculous Daniel looks than by Mitch being in front.

Gah. They SO need to hire a better promo team. Cause bleh. I have not been impressed by their choices thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
          Hey AD...Did you know that SG1 is back on tv next Thursday night? My day was made better when I found out! Have a great night!
          Not AD but I noticed it too - and look what else is on against it - Wimbledon and Big Brother Up Late. Wonder how long it's gonna last? I know I won't be watching, I may tune in when Sam comes back, but maybe not.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
            Who picked these promo pics? Because that one doesn't make anyone look good. Teal'c looks so...odd in this, and in the other photos. It's disturbing.
            Vala would look good, but for her chest thrust out...big surprise. Sam looks very pretty, except she seems a little slumpy. She's the only one, on edit, that seems relaxed and natural.

But Mitchell and Daniel look ridiculously posed! I'm way more bothered by how ridiculous Daniel looks than by Mitch being in front.

Gah. They SO need to hire a better promo team. Cause bleh. I have not been impressed by their choices thus far.
            Re. Daniel - his photo was taken at a different vertical angle to those of Teal'c, Vala, Sam and Cameron. As a result, his body proportions look wrong. However, that's nothing compared to the angle on Landry - his was taken from a much higher angle so he now looks like a dwarf from Lord of the Rings.
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              'new' fic...ok, so it was in Revelation III last year, but new to the net

and oddly enough, very appropriate with the recent sam hitting jack chat

http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/d...nforeseen.html
              Wow! That was really powerful. I would have loved to see something like this in "The Light".
              sigpic

Comment

Lol I meant the genre Sky, not the network

Originally posted by Skydiver
                eh, she's too good for scifi.

thsoe fine sexist folks don't deserve her
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                  From your mouth to TPTB's ears. One can only hope.
                  'only' being the operative word.

My 1st 2 thoughts re: promo poster:
                  1. Daniel looks silly
                  2. Mitchell is the only one moving

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                    Re. Daniel - his photo was taken at a different vertical angle to those of Teal'c, Vala, Sam and Cameron. As a result, his body proportions look wrong. However, that's nothing compared to the angle on Landry - his was taken from a much higher angle so he now looks like a dwarf from Lord of the Rings.

Yes he does.

When I first glanced at the photo, I hadn't really considered it being all photoshopped together. I just found it really...bothersome. Unreal and...you know, unrealistically photoshopped pictures might have to go on my list of irrational fears. Right below clockwork monkeys with little tin drums.

I know technology is great, and it saves time etc. But really...if you're not going to do it right...why bother? Go for the old-fashioned photo shoot. At least then everyone will have the right ratio with one another. (And lighting.)

Comment

Reminder Notice!!

This is the last day for all of our wonderful Samandan scribes to sign-up to join in the Sam Carter Ficathon!

Sam Carter Ficathon

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                        When I first glanced at the photo, I hadn't really considered it being all photoshopped together. I just found it really...bothersome.
                        Yeah, Deej, I know what you mean!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm hoping that they use that opportunity to remind us about Jolinar and the physical changes she left on Sam's body. Namely the naquadah making her more resistant to sedatives (as per Desperate Measures). Would be a quite cool scene to have Mitchell worried about the amount of Morphine she's taking without showing much relief (even counting for the fact that people in pain have a higher threshold for it than an uninjured person)
                          Spoiler:

Sadly though, they will probably just ignore the fact that Sam has naquadah in her blood and won't even bring up the fact that she needs more morphine to compensate. I seriously doubt we'll see much discussion about Jolinar again.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

Spoiler:

thank you DEM for letting us know who made that promotion pic
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

Spoiler:

shriek!

*flails!* *bats!* *cowers!*
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                                I don't think this clearly indicates that Sam is third in line. Look at Mckay in the Atlantis picture--one could argue he looks like he is placed in "third", but is he considered third? I think they copied the Atlantis style. I think the only clear implication is that scifi wants us to believe that Cam is the STAR.
                                Well TPTB may think that Cam is the leader, but many fans ( a large percentage) know the truth, Sam is the true leader of SG1 no matter what they try to sell us. Don't they remind you of telemarketers that keep trying to sell you things you don't want
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X