Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    I don't think this clearly indicates that Sam is third in line. Look at Mckay in the Atlantis picture--one could argue he looks like he is placed in "third", but is he considered third? I think they copied the Atlantis style. I think the only clear implication is that scifi wants us to believe that Cam is the STAR.
    TPTB don't think that Season Nine did a good enough job of hammering that point home?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I don't think this clearly indicates that Sam is third in line. Look at Mckay in the Atlantis picture--one could argue he looks like he is placed in "third", but is he considered third? I think they copied the Atlantis style. I think the only clear implication is that scifi wants us to believe that Cam is the STAR.
      Saying that, though, they did a couple of versions of the Atlantis one. I had to look for the version that I posted above, because the version I have is the one with Elizabeth in the foreground. They might do a version with Sam at the front, different versions for different scenarios.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        TPTB don't think that Season Nine did a good enough job of hammering that point home?

Seriously!

Also, I just noticed that they have the military characters on the right, and civilians/aliens on the right. Not that that means anything, but it seems to be a factor in their positioning.

Some of the ads (say in TV guide, Entertainment weekly, and Cult Times) use AT with BB in the ads. They could have used someone else, but didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Saying that, though, they did a couple of versions of the Atlantis one. I had to look for the version that I posted above, because the version I have is the one with Elizabeth in the foreground. They might do a version with Sam at the front, different versions for different scenarios.

Oh, that's a good point too. I'm wondering if they'll use the Sam/Vala one in some places to adverstize, and also apparently there is one of Mitchell/Daniel/Teal'c also from the promo pics that they may use to advertize the show. The group promo pic is also very good in terms of position. No one stands out--they are all together, and I like that CJ has his hand on AT.

Comment

I don't think this clearly indicates that Sam is third in line. Look at Mckay in the Atlantis picture--one could argue he looks like he is placed in "third", but is he considered third?
            No, maybe fourth of fifth. I think even Ronin is considered before McKay.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Sky, I just read "Unforseen" - WOW. That was FANFRICKINTASTIC, baby!!!! That is *exactly* the kind of Sam Carter I would so love to see on the series. **sigh** If only you were writing for it....

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                Spoiler:
                Let's hope that Sam isn't too doped up on morphine.
                Spoiler:
                I'm hoping that they use that opportunity to remind us about Jolinar and the physical changes she left on Sam's body. Namely the naquadah making her more resistant to sedatives (as per Desperate Measures). Would be a quite cool scene to have Mitchell worried about the amount of Morphine she's taking without showing much relief (even counting for the fact that people in pain have a higher threshold for it than an uninjured person)

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Sky, I just read "Unforseen" - WOW. That was FANFRICKINTASTIC, baby!!!! That is *exactly* the kind of Sam Carter I would so love to see on the series. **sigh** If only you were writing for it....
                  yeah well I don't think we will ever see her like that... what is really a pitty cause she would be so good if she was sometimes more like that.
                  I mean she really is not always happy happy happy... She also has her moments that she is unhappy and that she just can't cope with everything. But that side of her we almost never see... Ok a brief moment in singularity, the line of duty and in the devil you know. But that is all... Ok there will be more of her weakness moments in the show but not enough. I mean she can be weak but she also has her frustration and how does she handle them?? we never saw that... and the ff is really great for that... I really think that sam would do something like that. And I also do think that she feels responsable for some of the deads... even if it wasn't her fault. If someone you care about dies... you really feel that it's your fault, that you are guilty of his death.
                  and well she has lost a lot of people in the years so it would be normal that she has some issue's over it

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm hoping that they use that opportunity to remind us about Jolinar and the physical changes she left on Sam's body. Namely the naquadah making her more resistant to sedatives (as per Desperate Measures). Would be a quite cool scene to have Mitchell worried about the amount of Morphine she's taking without showing much relief (even counting for the fact that people in pain have a higher threshold for it than an uninjured person)
                    Wow - what are you smoking? And can I have some? *snork* Like that's EVER gonna happen....

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Wow - what are you smoking? And can I have some? *snork* Like that's EVER gonna happen....
                      Shush you

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        There is a new season 10 trailer up on SciFi's web site with a couple of clips I have not seen on tv including this cap I was able to get today

Spoiler:

to see the full trailer go to SciFi's web site here
                        Hmm. That trailer actually looked kind of interesting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          There is a new season 10 trailer up on SciFi's web site with a couple of clips I have not seen on tv including this cap I was able to get today

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          Rock-a-bye-babeee... on the tree top...

Thanks for the capping, tsaxlady
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                            That made me think of the fic
                            Spoiler:
                            A Pond With No Fish. Just a bit-or I might be crazy. Sam using alien tech and ending up hurt? Making something go out of phase? Hmmm.
                            Ah, so I wasn't the only one thinking that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              so this 'jf' and 'rl' are from atlantis?

**i just deleted a super snarky paragraph (or two) about why i think bb should not be lead of this show. why? because of wasn't proud of myself. and i'll shut up now.**

thinks nice thoughts about sam and amanda. (and s/j ship )

You could always take it over to the whinge nuts thread. It hasn't seen much activitiy at all lately.

sally
                              You could always take it over to the whinge nuts thread. It hasn't seen much activitiy at all lately.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Spoiler:
                                From your mouth to TPTB's ears. One can only hope.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X