Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    I think comedy is something that comes very naturally to Amanda and she would like to do more of that. Her natural voice is much higher than what you hear with Carter and I have heard her say that is on purpose. She does enjoy when they let Carter have those funny moments. On stage she can be very serious one moment and funny the next. I would love to see Amanda do one of the Cabaret at a Creation Con and have it be a stand up comedy act. I'm sure she would be outragegous.
    I'm hoping for some funny Carter moments. We get to see that side of her so rarely.

Now granted, there's not that much funny about having your brain invaded by a human form replicator or being zatted or being taken over by a symbiote. And Carter is one who takes her work very, VERY seriously. (It's a good thing too, elsewise we'd all have snakes in our heads or would have been sucked into that black hole ages ago). That being said, there's nothing wrong with her being allowed to let her hair down and allow her snarky side to emerge...especially since she's not having to "yes sir" or "no sir" someone all the time offworld.

Thinking back to the times when she allowed herself the luxury of telling it like it is to people like General Bauer or McKay or Maybourne. Imagine all the irritation and snark she would have rained on Jack had she been free to do so.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I think comedy is something that comes very naturally to Amanda and she would like to do more of that. Her natural voice is much higher than what you hear with Carter and I have heard her say that is on purpose. She does enjoy when they let Carter have those funny moments. On stage she can be very serious one moment and funny the next. I would love to see Amanda do one of the Cabaret at a Creation Con and have it be a stand up comedy act. I'm sure she would be outragegous.
      i saw/heard her at a con a few years ago, and i don't remember her sounding different. does she use her real voice in the behind the scenes stuff?

i just finished watching a couple of vids ('accidently high' and oobs own 'that girl'). i LOVE seeing goofy/funny amanda!!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Yeah, Mandy, I agree, it's funny you mention that because I think so, too. She's a lot like a *lot* of folks I know, and I think there is some "Canadian culture" in that. We're a pretty sarcastic, makin' fun of ourselves lot, most of the time. With our own brand of underlying humility. Not that sarcasm isn't universal, but the goofy flavor of it is particularily Canadian in this case.
        wow, i didn't know i was a canadian!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Or more generally, what kind of qualities does AT think Sam would want in a husband? I think she is a pretty strong person, so she wouldn't want someone she could push around. Also she has her vulnerablilities and would want a guy who can be "the strong one" sometimes. God, listen to me! I sound like a shipper!
          *whispers* have we converted her????! say it ain't so! (((jckfan55)))

In answer to your question.... and first let me say that the muse struck me upside the head the past two days(it figured I needed a challenge) and I've got a zillion scribbles to type up now for a Sam/Dan romantic ship fic..... (and I'm more into S/J ship!) (Jack, not Jonas!!) But anyhoo... while the S/D idea has been simmering back there in a couple brain cells (and I'll blame this thread for planting that now sprouted seed!) the past week or two I did muse on what would attract Sam to someone like Daniel and by extension to anyone she would choose to become seriously involved with to the point of marriage. (And I'm leaving Pete out of this musing...)
          • Someone with enough similar interests to be able to have 'Eureka!' moments with.
          • Someone with enough different interests to keep things stimulating since I see her with a never-satiated thirst for knowledge and she'd still have things to learn about him if he had a variety of very different interests/strengths than hers.
          • Someone who is her intellectual equal (not necessarily in her field, but relating it to Dan - someone who has a zeal for knowledge and its application that is equal to her own).
          • Someone with an edge. Not to keep her off-balance, but to keep things from becoming too routine.
          • Someone who appreciates the finer points of bikes.
          • Uhhhhh... someone who can eeeehhhhrmmmm... *satisfy* certain needs.....
          • At this point a strong man. Not an arrogant man, but someone comfortable in their own skin and willing to give her the room to grow and change. (No more lunatic fringers or broken men to fix, though for him to have some vulnerabilities would be fine....)

*glances at clock* Dang it... I'll never get it typed if I don't get off here now! ((((All))))
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

(snip)

Thinking back to the times when she allowed herself the luxury of telling it like it is to people like General Bauer or McKay or Maybourne. Imagine all the irritation and snark she would have rained on Jack had she been free to do so.

but one scene/ep i would have *loved* to have seen continued was the sam-jack fighting scene from 'the light'. (to me), their scene on the beach was shippy, but there also was real pissysam there that i would have loved to have seen totally unleashed for a while.

how would that scene have ended if teal'c hadn't interrupted? i think, as a shipper, they would have kissed. but, i also think that hostility would have been present and would have continued after it. how disobedient would sam have gotten? and how would they have adjusted after that ordeal was over and they returned to the sgc?

yep, another missed opportunity from the ptb.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              wow, i didn't know i was a canadian!

sally
              Hey don't you remember I once confused you for being Canadian
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Can someone please be sweet and green me? I need one or two more to get a second green jello blob. Please!!!!!!!!

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Help me out here someone! I need one more point for two green jello blobs!!!

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Thank you majorsal! You got me my second blob! Many big hugs!

P.S.- Right now I am very happy!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Or more generally, what kind of qualities does AT think Sam would want in a husband? I think she is a pretty strong person, so she wouldn't want someone she could push around. Also she has her vulnerablilities and would want a guy who can be "the strong one" sometimes. God, listen to me! I sound like a shipper!

that's why i never thought that pete would be good for her. pete worships her too much, puts her too much on a pedestal. and she doesn't need that. she needs someone with a backbone, who can challenge her, but also pump her up and support her. she n eeds someone that can say 'no' and she n eeds someone that can take the lead and let her be the not-dominant one.

she needs someone that can say 'honey, you're tired, let me do it', but who knows WHEN to say that and doesn't smother her. someone that's there for her but who also respects her independence
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by veryangrystargatefan
                        Thank you majorsal! You got me my second blob! Many big hugs!

P.S.- Right now I am very happy!

yay, i made someone happy

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I have a problem. I can no longer type the word same. I leave the e off now. So it's sam this and sam that. SamE. SamE, samE, samE. I'll keep working at it, but I think I'm obsessed with Sam.

Comment

amanda's going to be at 'shore leave', right? could someone ask her if she knows of a way of seeing her short movie 'stuck'? i really, REALLY want to see this!

sally
                            Tara puts hand up, me too i want to see it as well.
                            With the little bit i saw from the trailer really made an impact on me and to see Amanda do something so very differant from Sam really was fantastic!
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Ooh I'd pay to see that!!! Amanda do some stand up at a con!! someone start a petition

Actually I was thinking with the multi skilled people in the sci-fi genre, they could put together a cabaret style stage show/musical thing with sci-fi actors. I'd defintely pay to see that! Chris Judge, Lucy Lawless, Teryl, Claudia Black, Anthony Stewart Head are all great singers I hear.. then you have your stand up acts like Amanda... I think that'd be cool!

sigpic

Comment

but one scene/ep i would have *loved* to have seen continued was the sam-jack fighting scene from 'the light'. (to me), their scene on the beach was shippy, but there also was real pissysam there that i would have loved to have seen totally unleashed for a while.

how would that scene have ended if teal'c hadn't interrupted?
                                She woulda decked him
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X