Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    wouldn't that be a cool angst issue though????

the pressure that sam's under. even jack, in matter of time, just growls 'fix it'

can you imagine the stress????
    It would have been interesting to see how she would have coped if, for example, she hadn't been able to save the Ktau planet.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
      Sounds like JenCamp's "Alternate Politics." It's very much a Sam/Jack story, so those who don't like ship are duly warned. But for shippers, it is a very enjoyable read.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2763063/1/
      Oooh. Thanks for the link. That's not the fic I was looking for but it looks like a good read, so I'll save it. I'm always looking for good Sam fic.

I finally found the fic. It was by SeSeesaw and started with Across the Divide. There's 7 or 8 fics in the series, but they're listed individually rather than in chapters so it has to be accessed through the author profile here
      http://www.fanfiction.net/u/789302/ if anyone is interested. 8)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        It probably is JenCamp's fic. I've not written one with Sam working for the NID, but did have Pete working for an off-shoot of the NID in one.
        It was actually a fic by SeSeesaw, (I think it's all the S's that had me confused ). It can be accessed via the author profile at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/789302/. It starts with "Across the Divide". I've only read the first one, but it pulled me in right away.

Originally posted by RealmOfX
        Just putting my thinking cap on.......... did Sam work for a female general in this?
        I'm not sure. It's been awhile since I read it, and I don't know if that comes up in the first fic, but now that I've found it, I'll let you know once I read it. And if it's not that one, if you think of the link to the one you're talking about, I'd appreciate if you'd post it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
          But quite frankly, as much as I LOVE FS, I've already seen the "Ben & Claudia" show. I want to see the SG1 ENSEMBLE back in action, with the new characters as PART of that ensemble.

well, then i will take perferse pleasure in other folks' disappointments, because i don't think they will balance things out. whomever is calling the shots things/feels that cam and vala are the new stars and the only ones deserving of any storyline, any plot, any lines.

the others - with the exception of daniel's one storyline - have been relegated to convenient exposition to pump up the new and shiny stars.

IMHO, s10 will be all vala, all cam all the time and the blonde and black guy???? eh, they're just there because it'd be too much bad pr to get rid of them. although, when cam and vala triumphantly move onto thier third incarnation i'm sure sam and teal'c will be conveniently forgotten and left behind. since, we know that the writers have a hard time writing that pesky jaffaness and apparantly, unless a woman is a wise cracking 'hooker with a heart of gold' charicture, a mommy figure or a 'sexy alien' they just can't handle writing her...so why stress over those difficulties, they'll just write them out and stick wiht the easy

the sticky part??? easy = forgettable and these writers are 'easying' themselves out of an audience
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse
            Since people are looking for fics..

There was one I read that was written at least a year ago. I really liked it.

It look place after Ascension (I tihnk) and Sam was being court-martialed for destruction of property and disobeying orders - among other things. Basically the NID was looking for a scapegoat and to get hold of her. I think she had a female lawyer. While she was relieved of duty something happened with the gate and hammond wanted her to work on it but the lawyer refused to allow her until Hammond wrote up a release of liability for any damage incurred to the gate, people or other property. I think it was on live journal. It was well-written.

Any ideas?

Suse
            i think that's a jag/sg1 crossover, but i can't be sure

sigpic

Comment

AT: Samanda is sending a group of it's denizens to Shore Leave?!?! Oh man, am I in trouble now!

Comment

i think that's a jag/sg1 crossover, but i can't be sure
                Sam/Mac? :O

Comment

there's several out there. I think i've only read one that i pretty much enjoyed. Both groups are just different enough and i don't have much patience for poor characterizations, so i give most of them a pass

sigpic

Comment

there's several out there. I think i've only read one that i pretty much enjoyed. Both groups are just different enough and i don't have much patience for poor characterizations, so i give most of them a pass
                    SG1/JAG crossovers you mean? I've read a couple too. One had Harm and Mac investigating why several Marines had been KIA while stationed at Cheyenne Mountain (just a bit suss ), getting stonewalled by the SGC but eventually finding out and being let in on the secret. Another had Harm defending Jack in a court martial (though he was only a secondary character). I couldn't quite understand why a Navy lawyer was defending an Air-Force officer though...

Comment

the sticky part??? easy = forgettable and these writers are 'easying' themselves out of an audience
                      "Power Rangers" was great when I was a kid, but now I like something that makes me think... and not about how much I want to smack certain characters.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                        Yeah...I think that fic is called Hard Landing by Jackie W...don't ask for a link coz I have no idea how to do those but it's at fanfiction.net!
                        Bingo! Though I didn't remember it was so shippy.

Thanks!

Suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                          yes that is that scene... every time I see the extra I can't stop laughing it is just to funny and what I do than is wathc it in Tok'ra... just to see her face and well it is true she is the only one who really is surprised.
                          Still it is nice to see it...I love watching the extra's they are so funny from time to time
                          It is a pitty that not every region has the same extra's.
                          Is that an extra from the S2 DVD's?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                            Is that an extra from the S2 DVD's?
                            It is on region 2 dvd's on season 4 (or was it 3... )

Comment

Originally posted by veryangrystargatefan
                              Does anyone have any idea if there will be any Sam/Jack action going on during S10. Anyone heard anything? Maybe that's a question someone should ask Amanda at Shore Leave in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel (verynagrystargatefan)
                              Or more generally, what kind of qualities does AT think Sam would want in a husband? I think she is a pretty strong person, so she wouldn't want someone she could push around. Also she has her vulnerablilities and would want a guy who can be "the strong one" sometimes. God, listen to me! I sound like a shipper!

On another point. I've been watching commentaries and behind the scenes stuff and AT usually has some funny, goofy moments in the features. We know she has a great sense of humor--people always comment on that in interviews. And those who get to see her at conventions. (not me ) But do you think that she feels pressure to be funny on these things? Like does she feel she has to be "on" all the time? Or do you think she's just naturally so goofy that it just comes out? I mean I like serious Amanda as much as funny Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Or more generally, what kind of qualities does AT think Sam would want in a husband? I think she is a pretty strong person, so she wouldn't want someone she could push around. Also she has her vulnerablilities and would want a guy who can be "the strong one" sometimes. God, listen to me! I sound like a shipper!

On another point. I've been watching commentaries and behind the scenes stuff and AT usually has some funny, goofy moments in the features. We know she has a great sense of humor--people always comment on that in interviews. And those who get to see her at conventions. (not me ) But do you think that she feels pressure to be funny on these things? Like does she feel she has to be "on" all the time? Or do you think she's just naturally so goofy that it just comes out? I mean I like serious Amanda as much as funny Amanda.

I think Amanda naturally errs towards humour. If under pressure I think it would be natural for her to use humour. I don't think she feels pressure to be humourous, but that's only my opinion

From seeing her at GABIT she has a very natural and very clever razor sharp wit. I the main reason I am going back - apart from meeting all the Samandan's who are going - is to sit back in the Q&A sessions and auction and be thoroughly entertained. I think being humourous/goofy is her natural self.

Comment

Working...
                                X