Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    sky, you crack me up. While I know full well you're shall I say, resentful of how tptb have forced Vala on us, it just cracks me up that well, you said what you said.

(((((((((sky))))))))
    well, i feel that I, as a fan of sam, jack, daniel and teal'c have basically been told to go jump off a cliff by TPTB.

Vala and cameron are the only characters they seem to care about, the only ones that get stories/plot arcs. Heck, at times, the only ones that get lines.

I resent the hades out of it. Sam, Jack Daniel and Teal'c MADE this show. If it wasn't for them, VAla and Cameron wouldn't exist and wouldn't have a show to be on. Without them, these writers would be off cranking out episodes of the outer limits or some anime or something.

And while i fully accept that the show should focus on all of the characters, not just one or two, and yes, if i happened to read even ONE spoiler that actually HAD sam's name in it, i'd feel like there was SOMETHING to look forward to, it still rankles. It's still insulting and annoying.

I miss my show. I miss the classy, fun and creative hour of entertainment it used to be. I mourn its passing and i really have no anticipation of the cliche ridden, leather clad, sexually laden farce that it's become.

But i am also pathetically fond of Sam enough that, if hte only way i can get her is on the coat tails of the vamp, then i'll take what little i can get for the last twenty episodes that will exist. Then, when the new and improved stargate is canned, i can wash my hands of the whole sorry affaire and take from it the knowledge that, if skiffy gets thier hands on any show, i better stop watching it. Cause they haven't 'saved' it...they're just exploiting it for all its worth before they dump it like a hot rock
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
      Speaking of which, can anyone tell me the name of the fic with Sam working for the NID rather than the SGC? I think it might have been by Shimmering Star, but FFnet won't load at the moment. I never did get to finish it.
      Originally posted by Melora
      Sounds like JenCamp's "Alternate Politics." It's very much a Sam/Jack story, so those who don't like ship are duly warned. But for shippers, it is a very enjoyable read.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2763063/1/
      It probably is JenCamp's fic. I've not written one with Sam working for the NID, but did have Pete working for an off-shoot of the NID in one.
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        well, i feel that I, as a fan of sam, jack, daniel and teal'c have basically been told to go jump off a cliff by TPTB.

Vala and cameron are the only characters they seem to care about, the only ones that get stories/plot arcs. Heck, at times, the only ones that get lines.

I resent the hades out of it. Sam, Jack Daniel and Teal'c MADE this show. If it wasn't for them, VAla and Cameron wouldn't exist and wouldn't have a show to be on. Without them, these writers would be off cranking out episodes of the outer limits or some anime or something.

And while i fully accept that the show should focus on all of the characters, not just one or two, and yes, if i happened to read even ONE spoiler that actually HAD sam's name in it, i'd feel like there was SOMETHING to look forward to, it still rankles. It's still insulting and annoying.

I miss my show. I miss the classy, fun and creative hour of entertainment it used to be. I mourn its passing and i really have no anticipation of the cliche ridden, leather clad, sexually laden farce that it's become.

But i am also pathetically fond of Sam enough that, if hte only way i can get her is on the coat tails of the vamp, then i'll take what little i can get for the last twenty episodes that will exist. Then, when the new and improved stargate is canned, i can wash my hands of the whole sorry affaire and take from it the knowledge that, if skiffy gets thier hands on any show, i better stop watching it. Cause they haven't 'saved' it...they're just exploiting it for all its worth before they dump it like a hot rock
        Well stated, Sky!

Comment

Good night all. Happy posting.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
            Speaking of which, can anyone tell me the name of the fic with Sam working for the NID rather than the SGC? I think it might have been by Shimmering Star, but FFnet won't load at the moment. I never did get to finish it.
            Just putting my thinking cap on.......... did Sam work for a female general in this?
            -

Comment

Actually I equate it all more with X-Files post DD leaving.... there's a familiar ring to it all.. which is a damn shame.

But on the otherside I keep coming back to the fact that we haven't seen any of 10 yet. I'm as non-plussed by the spoilers as anyone here, but I do try to keep in mind that I haven't actually seen it yet and it might not be the trainwreck it sounds like.

And in reference to the other conversation thread going on regarding Sam with other guys... I've never been able to see her with anyone but Jack either. I think the connection there is too strong to be ignored and no-one else looks right for me. And for the confused who think I'm a Sam/Vala shipper... I just like the dark, forbidden nature of that one.. it's my AU ship if you will

Ooh and I completely agree that Repli!Carter could have been used better. I stick with the fact that we never saw the body so she might not be dead.

Originally posted by LaCroix
              Ever get the feeling that you're re-watching BtVS s7 and next year going to be Angel s5?

I'm hoping that maybe TPTB listened to the uproar from last year. But like you said time will tell.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                Eek! Sam's always so nice and all, it's hard to imagine her with a dark side. Like the whole Seth thing- it not only freaked her out, it kind of did me as well. There is the potential in her to do those types of things if necessary, and that's a scary thing to discover about yourself.
                i'm remembering now that this fic was a bit of a dark comedy. i also think it was a wip, because i can't remember the ending. :/

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

((((sky)))) I hear ya. I feel the pain as well. Only difference is I kinda like Vala. I still like ya! Hope the feeling is mutual. I also hope that you don't think that I'm trying to negate the fact that you and most of the fans of the show feel shafted. I feel that way too even with my like of Vala...I don't want Sam, Teal'C and Daniel (ok, maybe not all the time with him. ) to be shoved aside to make room for Cameron and Vala. They should be part of the TEAM and sadly TPTB aren't doing their job, but making the two new characters part of the TEAM. I think that Skiffy and Sony are the ones pushing mostly for the Cam & Vala show. But quite frankly, as much as I LOVE FS, I've already seen the "Ben & Claudia" show. I want to see the SG1 ENSEMBLE back in action, with the new characters as PART of that ensemble.
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I want to see the SG1 ENSEMBLE back in action, with the new characters as PART of that ensemble.
                    Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Ooh and I completely agree that Repli!Carter could have been used better. I stick with the fact that we never saw the body so she might not be dead.
                      Myrth...you're one twisted sister and that's why I like you! You know...on US soaps if you don't see the body when a character dies...it usually means that sometime later...they'll return. I'm opting for that out for Replicarter...cause she frellin' rocked!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
                        Uh, you're welcome?

Just cause I do like Vala (well most aspects of her) doesn't mean I have EVER wanted SG1 to be come the Vala show. I'm fairly certain most here who know me, know that. At least I hope so. I'd prefer the Sam and Vala show with both getting equal time/lines/action/whatever, though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Uh, you're welcome?

Just cause I do like Vala (well most aspects of her) doesn't mean I have EVER wanted SG1 to be come the Vala show. I'm fairly certain most here who know me, know that. At least I hope so. I'd prefer the Sam and Vala show with both getting equal time/lines/action/whatever, though.
                          I think there could be some great interaction between the two. Sam and Vala could have GREAT scenes! I want TPTB to take advantage of what they have-old and new. I want to look forward to S10 because I know all the great opportunities there are, but I fear TPTB will look right over them.

A random thought-TPTB...I wonder if their wives ever watch the show... Perhaps they could put their two cents in...

Sam and Vala-good luck in S10!

Comment

Does anyone have any idea if there will be any Sam/Jack action going on during S10. Anyone heard anything? Maybe that's a question someone should ask Amanda at Shore Leave in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel (verynagrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Originally posted by veryangrystargatefan
                              Does anyone have any idea if there will be any Sam/Jack action going on during S10. Anyone heard anything? Maybe that's a question someone should ask Amanda at Shore Leave in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel (verynagrystargatefan)
                              Hope so! Maybe you should stop by the J/S shipper thread. Lots of speculation going on there!

Comment

Twisted like a fox!!

She did indeed... she very nearly fulfilled my Stone!Cold!Carter fantasy.... nearly But she is certainly an element that deserves further exploration

Myrth...you're one twisted sister and that's why I like you! You know...on US soaps if you don't see the body when a character dies...it usually means that sometime later...they'll return. I'm opting for that out for Replicarter...cause she frellin' rocked!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X