Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    “Have I ever told you that you’d make a great space pirate?”

To her credit, the bizarre comment didn’t throw Sam. (She always seemed to get him, even when he was being crazy.) Something shifted in her expression and suddenly she looked dangerous as hell, her eyes glittering and her lips pulled into a soft smirk.

“You bet your ass I would,” she agreed

--------

Just a little excerpt from a quite humorous little fic:

Space Pirates: Way Cooler Than Ninjas" by Annerb
    This was great. I like Sam and Vala like this and I like the interaction with Jack. Too funny.
    sigpic

Comment

yeah, you know, if they can keep interaction like this, i think i can deal with vala in s10. fun but not really OTT. a little risque but not 'naughty' or 'dirty'

and it would be fun if vala would allow sam to loosen up a bit and share a bit of her wicked sense of humor
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        wouldn't that be a cool angst issue though????

the pressure that sam's under. even jack, in matter of time, just growls 'fix it'

can you imagine the stress????
        Ha, I just finished watching that ep. Sam was under a lot of stress, you clearly saw that when she was busy with her equations. Trying to find a way but not knowing how. You see her little streak of unsubordination in that one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
          Ha, I just finished watching that ep. Sam was under a lot of stress, you clearly saw that when she was busy with her equations. Trying to find a way but not knowing how. You see her little streak of unsubordination in that one too!
          Insubordinate!Sam makes me squee.
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
            Really?!?
            That doesn't sound like you

I love that in her and her witty/wicked sense of humour! Yeah... love it... *sighs happily*

Comment

An insubordinate Sam is a cool Sam. Oh, my. Am I supporting disobeying direct orders and telling off superiors? I guess there is a rebellious streak in me somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                An insubordinate Sam is a cool Sam. Oh, my. Am I supporting disobeying direct orders and telling off superiors? I guess there is a rebellious streak in me somewhere!
                Sam would make the most awesome rebel. An AU rogue Sam would just... uh...

- must go cool down...
                scarimor

Comment

psst, anybody have that sam whump fanfic list website on hand?

thanks
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                    psst, anybody have that sam whump fanfic list website on hand?

thanks
                    Here you go, PR!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                      Here you go, PR!
                      thank you!!!
                      <trots of merrily to read>
                      sigpic
                      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Caption this:

Sam: Uh Sir, we're using heating lamps to warm her up, I really don't think that is necessary.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

quick drive-by...

I really enjoyed the Narim/Sam story arc, as it were. She did such a great job with it...especially in Between Two Fires. The last scene in the control room, her expression always chokes me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                            quick drive-by...

I really enjoyed the Narim/Sam story arc, as it were. She did such a great job with it...especially in Between Two Fires. The last scene in the control room, her expression always chokes me up.
                            Hm, I just watched Enigma and I must admit I kinda like their relationship. I mean, he made her laugh and all. And he seemed like a good men. They had the same passion. And they needn't to become lovers just because they had kissed once. I'm sad we only saw them together again much later. A lot of things had changed and the only time I saw them together again I didn't really see them as in S1. S1 was a little bit more personnal, emotional perhaps? At least IMO!

Comment

Hm, I just watched Enigma and I must admit I kinda like their relationship. I mean, he made her laugh and all. And he seemed like a good men. They had the same passion. And they needn't to become lovers just because they had kissed once. I'm sad we only saw them together again much later. A lot of things had changed and the only time I saw them together again I didn't really see them as in S1. S1 was a little bit more personnal, emotional perhaps? At least IMO!
                              Well I have to say that I also like Narim especially his interaction with sam... In Enigma he immediatly had a band with Sam because he thought she was an angel. She saved him and she learned him things on earth... There really was an interaction between them
                              In Pretense there was a little interaction between them but there she says to him what happened to her with Jollinar... and ofcourse that is really life-changing but she has feeling for Martouf too so why didn't she show them to him
                              And well in Between two fires you see the problem she haves with leaving him behind. And when they arrive in his house at the beginning you can see how much he likes her and the way Sam reacts to that, she is not 100% comfortable with it

Comment

Well, to use Carmen's analogy - Narim wasn't nearly enough of a rogue to pique Sam's interest in that way.

No honestly though - all Sam/Jack(ness) aside - I always thought that Sam Carter could fall for a really interesting, really *dangerous* recurring character. Someone with a sharp edge to them, someone she didn't even necessarily get along with initially. Someone who challenged her, in more ways than one. And by that I don't mean someone like McKay with his acidic sarcasm to offset his genius, I mean someone more, well, ROGUISH, in general.

We never got to see a cool recurring character like that in the Stargate universe, but I think that would have been a neat romantic interest for Carter. Someone she could even have a one night stand with (whenever she saw him), and someone she might argue and fight with otherwise. Sort of a "Han Solo" kind of an archetype (if you'll pardon the pop cliche). Someone she'd be inexplicably drawn to but not even necessarily LIKE the fact that she was.

Remember that mercenary that SG-1 met briefly (I forget the episode name), the guy who responded to Sam telling him she was a Major now (had been promoted from Captain) by saying: "Oh, how very important. I'll inform the galaxy." - I always saw someone like THAT as being the perfect side-romantic interest for Carter's character (not that particular guy per se, but someone who could interact with Carter like that on an ongoing basis).

It always seemed to me that Jack was the stand-in for that character archetype, but (in canon on the show) even he was almost ... too nice (outwardly). Jack has a great "edge" to him that we've seen explored in fanfiction I think more often than in canon (and we saw potential for it in the movie, too). If it were ME writing? And I've thought about this in terms of the fanfic I envision one day actually putting pen to - I'd take Jack into a grittier, AU version of himself, give him more of that dangerous-ness, but keep as much of the RDA-injected humor as I could without sacrificing that. And I'd work with that dynamic where it involved his attraction to Sam, too (and vice versa). That, I think, would make for some really cool conflict. Not to mention I think the two of them together as an action-hero-team working on some problem would just be a more dangerous, edgier combination in general. If they played up that energy and there was always the possibility that Jack's character might *actually* self-destruct - or Carter's character for that matter (that potential would be huge for conflict).

Anyway, enough hot air for now. Just thought I'd share soem rambling.

mg
                                Last edited by minigeek; 20 June 2006, 10:04 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X