Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....5&postcount=24

Its video of Sam helping out the lady at the vending machine!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Looks like the Sci-fi channel is airing amusing little spots for the new Stargate seasons.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....32&postcount=5 - That's one that features Sam There is also one for Teal'c and Sheppard at the moment - hopefully there will be vid soon
      i just downloaded (and am keeping) the sam/amanda one. SQUEEEE!!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        On a somewhat happier note, the latest issue of the official Stargate magazine came in the mail today, and there were a couple of nice mentions about Amanda. Unfortunately, not much else about Sam or Amanda in the whole magazine, as far as I could tell, but I’m sure you’ll appreciate these comments. The mag does have a good short story told from Janet’s point of view about the team in their early years.

This part is from an interview with Carmen Argenziano

FAMILY MATTERS

The chemistry between Tapping and Argenziano as her screen father exudes on screen, as does the dynamic between Sam and Jacob, most evident in the emotionally charged scenes of Threads. "Amanda was amazing," says Argenziano with a sincere warmth in his voice. She worked herself up because I think she was aware, personally, that we weren't going to work together again and we had developed a wonderful professional relationship. She's such a classy lady," he states. "In the very first episode Secrets - I hadn't worked in a few months so you get in front of the camera again and you're a little nervous - I struggled with a couple of lines. Just before the take Amanda suddenly took my hand and held it for a minute. It was so soothing and so comforting and of course I nailed the next take," he adds. "I think our relationship started from that moment when I saw what a compassionate, beautiful person she is."

<snip>

In the episode Grace Sam's subconscious, via Jacob, guides her romantically toward Jack. Fans discovered recently her having a more involved history with fellow Tok'ra, Martouf, in Ripple Effect but Argenziano reveals he prefers Daniel for her. "Oh, I love Martouf [JR Bourne]. [But] there's a sincerity about Daniel, a well- meaningness,” he explains, “and also he’s a scientist, he doesn't have time to mess around. Jack would be a little too roguish, Peter Pan-ish. I don’t think Jack was ready to settle down. I don't know if Jack will ever be ready to settle down," he laughs. "Jack is more of a... not a 'near-do-well' but he's a... I don't want to use that word that keeps popping into my head," Argenziano admits laughing. "I simply think that Sam would have been happier with Daniel as far as being a better father and a better husband than Jack."

The next bit is from an interview with Patrick McKenna, who played Felger, referring to the scene in Avenger 2.0 when Sam goes to Felger’s apartment. The emphasis is mine.

You seem to have a lot of fun in your scenes with Amanda Tapping. Was that the case?

Very much. Everybody on set loves Amanda. She's this crystal intelligent gem that they all rally around, so it's something you pay a lot of respect to. The scene where I spill the Mountain Dew all over myself, that was one where it was, "Don't get the clothes wet until you have to get them wet" [laughs]. We only had one set, it was quite late in the day, so it was one of those opportunities where, "O.K, if you're gonna do this, go big enough that it really works out well", Again, the more serious we played every moment around that, the funnier things like that became. Amanda is so wonderful that way. She doesn't know what I'm going to do, but she totally trusts that it's going to work within the scene, and the director, Martin [Wood], was that very same way. They were great because it's such a depressing little scene, it's so sad to see his little home. It's an insight into how desperately this person wants to be involved.

NC

When ever i saw Sam and her Dad on screen i always felt like i was watching Father and Daughter for real, such was the level of acting and the depth of feeling that Amanda and Carmen brought to the screen and i for one really miss that
        Once again so nice to hear just how much Amanda is thought of by everyone around her.(((((((Amanda)))))))
        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Just another random drive-by posting. I was bored last night and started playing with one of Amanda's promo shots.

Spoiler:

Beautiful, Kat!
          Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          On a somewhat happier note, the latest issue of the official Stargate magazine came in the mail today, and there were a couple of nice mentions about Amanda. Unfortunately, not much else about Sam or Amanda in the whole magazine, as far as I could tell, but I’m sure you’ll appreciate these comments. The mag does have a good short story told from Janet’s point of view about the team in their early years.

This part is from an interview with Carmen Argenziano

FAMILY MATTERS

The chemistry between Tapping and Argenziano as her screen father exudes on screen, as does the dynamic between Sam and Jacob, most evident in the emotionally charged scenes of Threads. "Amanda was amazing," says Argenziano with a sincere warmth in his voice. She worked herself up because I think she was aware, personally, that we weren't going to work together again and we had developed a wonderful professional relationship. She's such a classy lady," he states. "In the very first episode Secrets - I hadn't worked in a few months so you get in front of the camera again and you're a little nervous - I struggled with a couple of lines. Just before the take Amanda suddenly took my hand and held it for a minute. It was so soothing and so comforting and of course I nailed the next take," he adds. "I think our relationship started from that moment when I saw what a compassionate, beautiful person she is."

<snip>

In the episode Grace Sam's subconscious, via Jacob, guides her romantically toward Jack. Fans discovered recently her having a more involved history with fellow Tok'ra, Martouf, in Ripple Effect but Argenziano reveals he prefers Daniel for her. "Oh, I love Martouf [JR Bourne]. [But] there's a sincerity about Daniel, a well- meaningness,” he explains, “and also he’s a scientist, he doesn't have time to mess around. Jack would be a little too roguish, Peter Pan-ish. I don’t think Jack was ready to settle down. I don't know if Jack will ever be ready to settle down," he laughs. "Jack is more of a... not a 'near-do-well' but he's a... I don't want to use that word that keeps popping into my head," Argenziano admits laughing. "I simply think that Sam would have been happier with Daniel as far as being a better father and a better husband than Jack."

The next bit is from an interview with Patrick McKenna, who played Felger, referring to the scene in Avenger 2.0 when Sam goes to Felger’s apartment. The emphasis is mine.

You seem to have a lot of fun in your scenes with Amanda Tapping. Was that the case?

Very much. Everybody on set loves Amanda. She's this crystal intelligent gem that they all rally around, so it's something you pay a lot of respect to. The scene where I spill the Mountain Dew all over myself, that was one where it was, "Don't get the clothes wet until you have to get them wet" [laughs]. We only had one set, it was quite late in the day, so it was one of those opportunities where, "O.K, if you're gonna do this, go big enough that it really works out well", Again, the more serious we played every moment around that, the funnier things like that became. Amanda is so wonderful that way. She doesn't know what I'm going to do, but she totally trusts that it's going to work within the scene, and the director, Martin [Wood], was that very same way. They were great because it's such a depressing little scene, it's so sad to see his little home. It's an insight into how desperately this person wants to be involved.

Spoiler:

NC
          Wonderful post, NC!
          (Also really liked the 'Go Suck A Lemon' photographic in your sig )
          Originally posted by Skydiver
          ooh, fic rec

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/49/safeand.html

very good for a first fic, imho
          Thanks - it was a good read

I got audio, but no video (other than some computer graphics, but not AT on the screen)

Comment

COME ONE, COME ALL,
            to my very first attempt at a GW Forum thread poll

Favorite/Most Memorable Amanda Tapping acting scenes in Season 1

You can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot, but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

If you want a reminder of what each episode was about... Season One

And, yes, I know that I typo'd the word 'choose' so that it's missing an 'o'... it's part of the poll and I can't figure out how to fix/edit the typo

---------

Many folks have recommended that we should do some 'Best AT Acting Polls', because when trying to decide which episode was the best of a season for a certain character, such as Sam, one of the issues that some of us have wrestled with is... whether to pick the episode which features the most/best AT on screen, or the episode which features the best Sam Carter scenes. Examples include Entity (which had some wonderful AT acting scenes, but she wasn't playing Sam Carter, as much as she was playing/acting an alien entity). Another example would be an episode with lots of RepliCarter, or Geek!Sam, where again, these are wonderful AT acting scenes, a wonderful look at AT acting out-of-the-regular-confines of the character of 'our' Sam Carter.

So here's a poll for Season 1
            Last edited by astrogeologist; 17 June 2006, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Not like it's astrophysics.... LOL... anyone else think Sam's been watching the Macgyver DVDs in her collection again

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                Yes, she escaped compared to poor Claudia Black and Chris Judge.
                What?? That was Claudia Black? No way!! They really botched that one!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

lol! I haven't found it yet (still looking), but it sounds like they're taking a page outta sister network, USA's, book in the advertising department. And that's cool. I like their promos.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    I got audio, but no video (other than some computer graphics, but not AT on the screen)
                    It's divx encoded, so you'll need teh divx codec. Or watch it at Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we4Np-RaY1g

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      That sounds like a second dad. Always looking out for the best interests of his daughter. On screen as Jacob and Sam came across as Carmen and Amanda "adopted" each other.
                      I love it when Sam winks at Jacob when they say goodbye. I can't remember which episode but it's just perfect.
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        COME ONE, COME ALL,
                        to my very first attempt at a GW Forum thread poll

Favorite/Most Memorable Amanda Tapping acting scenes in Season 1
                        Just editing the rogue code out of your link, Astro
                        scarimor

Comment

Ok that is just to funny for words.... and the way she says that 'it is not like it astrophysics", really funny
                          Thanx for posting it :d

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            first off, thanks for sharing!

secondly, and in reference to what i highlighted...

carmen sounds exactly like a dad. what dads don't want to realize is that some women LOVE rogues!! and yes, jack is a most delicious rogue... sighs

goes to save interview snippets and pics

sally
                            What fathers also don't realize is that most women are attracted to men that exhibit similar qualities to their father. Now between Daniel and Jack, Jack wins hands down in that department.
                            Last edited by KatG; 17 June 2006, 04:15 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                              Ok that is just to funny for words.... and the way she says that 'it is not like it astrophysics", really funny
                              Thanx for posting it :d
                              That was awesome ... loved it!

Thanks for the link, AD.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

She so did that nice lady too
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X