Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tor
    i was just think of what i liked about sam carter and i realised that it was that fact that no matter what she says when she is doing techno-babble her voice sounds like a sweet lullaby. and her eyes make me melt too.
    yeah she really has a lovely voice... I could really drift away by hearing her voice. It is gentle, caring, loving. It is just so perfect in everyway. I love hearing it... If she would read an audio-book that would sound really nice and enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      I found this interview with Amanda and found it very informative, did you know that one of the tech props they use is a nose hair clipper , I just wonder whose it is

Any way here's the link, its a UK show so they only talk about S8, and only little bits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns-wt...anda%20tapping
      oh yeah, that would be the tokra memory thingie activator

i recognize it now

cool
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        oh yeah, that would be the tokra memory thingie activator

i recognize it now

cool
        And they put it to Amanda's head
        hope they cleaned it after they grabbed it out of PDL's hand
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

If any of you on here are going to Shore Leave in 3 weeks are you looking forward to it as much as I am?

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Am I right in remembering that at least 1/2 the GABIT attendees were women? (unfortunately not an attendee myself, just an avid report reader. )
            From all the Conventions i've been too, there has always been a VAST majority of females... VAST...

And if I recall correctly, she said he gives great hugs. That would be nice too. (jckfan drifts off into RDA dream world. )
            I think RDA would give a good just about anything

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            And they put it to Amanda's head
            hope they cleaned it after they grabbed it out of PDL's hand
            Eeeeww.... *snicker*
            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
              yeah she really has a lovely voice... I could really drift away by hearing her voice. It is gentle, caring, loving. It is just so perfect in everyway. I love hearing it... If she would read an audio-book that would sound really nice and enjoyable
              That would be cool. Perhaps the kind of project she could do between acting/directing jobs. She's probably too expensive, though.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                I think RDA would give a good just about anything
                Yeah.....me too.....*sigh* (looks to see where Hubby is!)

Comment

That would be cool. Perhaps the kind of project she could do between acting/directing jobs. She's probably too expensive, though.
                  well MS has done an audio-book so why couldn't she do it?? Ok it would be expensive but a lot of people would buy it just so they can here her voice over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by Tor
                    SG1 4 PARTS ONE BODY

Jack O'Neill-The Mouth
                    "Oh for crying out loud"

Samantha Carter-The Brain
                    "Sir, I've been thinking"

Teal'c-The Muscle
                    "In my culture I would be well within my rights to dismember you"

Daniel Jackson-The Heart
                    "Ok, i'll have the truth with a side order of clarity please"
                    Tor - Wonderful sig!

Comment

Got two fic recs here:
                      A Priori, by Moonshayde is a novel-ish length Action Adventure/Drama fic. Set in s9, but very good use of past and present characters. Jack features quite heavily in it, and Hammond, Cassie, Barrett and a few other surprise characters are there
                      As Doomsday talk increases across the galaxy, the SGC must band together with the Tok'ra, the Jaffa, the Asgard and other allies to stop a new threat from the Ori, while battling mistrust and treason within their own organization. Rated PG.

One half of the Equation, by minxy. This is a Samfic, set during the beginning of s9. It's either a Sam/Daniel pre-ship fic or a Sam/Daniel friendship (depending on how you swing ). Some really good Sam angst in it Rated PG.

Comment

Ok we have all told what we have in comen with her but now what do we want to have that she has??
                        I never thought i would be saying this but i've found this question a bit hard to answer because i would like to think that i do come across to people as kind and giving as Amanda and people on this thread are, so i thought about it and i think i would really like her job because she got to kiss all those wonderfull characters not to mention RDA over the years! But alas i can't act for peanuts so no hope for me LOL!!
                        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Tor
                          i was just think of what i liked about sam carter and i realised that it was that fact that no matter what she says when she is doing techno-babble her voice sounds like a sweet lullaby. and her eyes make me melt too.
                          Beautiful, Tor!
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Has anyone else noticed that while she's wearing the green BDU's, in photographs, Amanda's eyes seem to match the BDU outfit almost *exactly*, even though her eyes are blue? I think she does have green in them, too.
                            DoH! And I thought it was just me!! I thought my eyes were bad...nice to know someone else out there has noticed that...man...I should have said something earlier!! Thanks MG!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              Guess my point is, the stuff that draws each of us to AT (or to the Sam Carter character, for that matter) as people isn't necessarily the stuff you can see on the surface or the stuff that's most evident at a cursory glance. We wouldn't be so enchanted with Amanda ( for example ) if we didn't share her moral fibre, for one thing, or admire the stuff about her that we try to bolster in ourselves, right? That's why we use her as inspiration sometimes.
                              Touche MG...well said.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ok we have all told what we have in comen with her but now what do we want to have that she has??
                                Got the marriage and kids bit...but I would love to have her job - not literally though!! I would like to work in the same kind of environment as she does and be as happy, beautiful and content as she is. Her attitude to life and all things is another attribute I would like - I'm working on it!!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X