Both have a family member named Olivia
    Both are 5’9ish with heels
    Both lust after Johnny Depp
    Both love to laugh, giggle
    Both have worn BDUs
    Both love the simpsons
    yea that’s all I got
    oh yes, Johnny Depp!! <yumm>
    wow, military and never worn blues, eh? lucky, darn you. how'd you manage that?!
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Hmmm. Things in common with Amanda:

Both like to read
      Both adore RDA
      Both think Johnny Depp is hot
      Both married
      Both have husbands in the construction business

That's about it.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't really have much in common with Amanda. A couple of experiences, I guess, and the same birthstone (peridot), but I don't really have anything else. And to be honest, I don't mind that. As annoying as I can be at times, I'm still Tracy, and that's fine by me!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          I don't really have much in common with Amanda. A couple of experiences, I guess, and the same birthstone (peridot), but I don't really have anything else. And to be honest, I don't mind that. As annoying as I can be at times, I'm still Tracy, and that's fine by me!
          Oh come on! Everyone can play this game.

You're:

*] both female and damn proud of it!
          *] both kind people
          *] both passioante about your vocation of interest
          *] both perfectionists / overachievers
          (I saw those pics of you leading the debate team! Much to be proud of...)
          *] both very intelligent
          *] both place very high value on your close friendships
          *] both artistic (you make clothes, FCOL!)
          *] both have really nice smiles!

There. See?! Not hard at all !

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Guess my point is, the stuff that draws each of us to AT (or to the Sam Carter character, for that matter) as people isn't necessarily the stuff you can see on the surface or the stuff that's most evident at a cursory glance. We wouldn't be so enchanted with Amanda ( for example ) if we didn't share her moral fibre, for one thing, or admire the stuff about her that we try to bolster in ourselves, right? That's why we use her as inspiration sometimes.
            Last edited by minigeek; 15 June 2006, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Guess my point is, the stuff that draws each of us to AT (or to the Sam Carter character, for that matter) as people isn't necessarily the stuff you can see on the surface or the stuff that's most evident at a cursory glance. We wouldn't be so enchanted with Amanda ( for example ) if we didn't share her moral fibre, for one thing, or admire the stuff about her that we try to bolster in ourselves, right? That's why we use her as inspiration sometimes.
              Very well said mini and yes you are right
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                [B][U]
                Oh and the things like loving Stargate & Thai curry with cocomilk are not really important. I mean... who doesn't love that?
                I have no idea what that is BUT we both love Stargate, woohoo!

And AT's eyes are just beautiful. Her best feature(among many wonderful features!) I think. I wish I had pretty eye lashes like her too. Something so simple would make me happy!

Comment

Page 2 how can that be? Where are all of our verbose posters? (You know who you are ) Oh yeah, probably raging or whinging Or perhaps trying to join the Duck Dodgers
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Page 2 how can that be? Where are all of our verbose posters? (You know who you are ) Oh yeah, probably raging or whinging Or perhaps trying to join the Duck Dodgers
                    um, i'm here.

that's not much use is it?

ok i thought of a couple more things i sort of have in common with AT;

i have a dog (well ok, i've got 2)
                    i have older brothers and no sisters (but not as many as her)

i have nothing else... yeah.

Comment

Ok we have all told what we have in comen with her but now what do we want to have that she has??

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                        Ok we have all told what we have in comen with her but now what do we want to have that she has??
                        her job!

(not really though. i want martin woods job. )

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                          I want to kiss RDA! What? She said he was a great kisser!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                            I want to kiss RDA! What? She said he was a great kisser!
                            Hmmm, I could go for that
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              you are so right, min.

i was immediately drawn to the sam carter character, and 99 percent of that was because of amanda tapping. so the first time i saw her interviewed, and saw that she was not only funny and enchanting, but a truly *nice* person... i fell in love. (platonically speaking )

i've found over time that the female characters that have always been my faves have been ones with moxie. most of those characters, though, have a quality about them that i don't really share (not concerning themselves with what others think and doing what they want: major kira-deep space nine, major houlihan-mash, xena-xena warrior princess, etc). but with sam carter, she *does* care and that wonderful vulnerability makes me feel even closer to this character than any of the others. and amanda did that; she gave her that shade.

a few years ago, i really got into this one show and this one particular female character. i had the opportunity to meet her at a con... and i ended up being a bit disappointed. (please don't ask me who this was. out of respect for her and her fans, i'd rather not say) it was a two day con, and on the second day, she got a bit snotty with a fan (while on stage). someone mispronounced one of her co-stars names and she got snippy about it. it wasn't a horrible scene or anything, but i remembered it and it 'did' color the way i felt about her afterwards. i still like her and her character, but that like never went into the complete adoration that i have for amanda. BUT if amanda was suddenly found out now to be some witch or did something wrong... i'd still love her. once i love someone, it's loyalty forever. as long as she's not found out to be some child molester, she's good.

i know amanda's not some perfect creature, but it's her genuine and sincere niceness that's bonded me to this sweet person for life.

oh, i just read through this post... how sickenly sweet and fangirly.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                a few years ago, i really got into this one show and this one particular female character. i had the opportunity to meet her at a con... and i ended up being a bit disappointed. (please don't ask me who this was. out of respect for her and her fans, i'd rather not say) it was a two day con, and on the second day, she got a bit snotty with a fan (while on stage). someone mispronounced one of her co-stars names and she got snippy about it. it wasn't a horrible scene or anything, but i remembered it and it 'did' color the way i felt about her afterwards.
                                Marina Sirtis (Troi) from TNG, right? Oops... wasn't supposed to guess, was I? D'oh! Nevermind.

Originally posted by majorsal
                                oh, i just read through this post... how sickenly sweet and fangirly.
                                I know, Amanda has that effect on people. Just go with it. I've given up justifying. She's just THAT COOL.

mg

-
                                Last edited by minigeek; 15 June 2006, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X