Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Darn. Well, at least I'll see you at AT2! In any event, AT2 is the more compelling of the two events for me, also. Though I do sort of love the idea of actually seeing the "Isle of Avalon" in person...
    i'm so poor i can only afford a con that's literally in my backyard. that's why i went to a comic-con once (it's in san diego, about 2 hours from where i live)... and get this... the con tickets only cost 25 dollars for me, and about half that for my mom! and that was about three years ago.

that's the only kind of cons i can afford.

but i'm SOOOOOOOOO happy about this amanda-rda con that i'll live through any sam fan that goes!!!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, there's room in my suitcase, DJ! Anyway, it's only a four hour event with AManda and Rick (as I understand it), so there can't be THAT much to miss. We need to get you to GABIT AT2!

Well it's the great Catch-22 for me-If I'm not back to work by then...and God, I better be...then I won't be able to afford Gabit. If I am back to work then I won't have time off yet.

Maybe she'll do it again next year, and I can go then.

At least some people here will get to go, and I can hear all about it. That will be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        do you know what line?

sally
        Yep. When Jack was talking to Hammond about finding Ayanna and stating it was a she, in the Behind the scenes Jack said
        Spoiler:
        "It has a vagina General"
        to which Amanda sucked in her cheeks and glared at him. It obviously wasn't a planned line.
        sigpic

Comment

Sweet Jesus teh glasses of hawt..... [thunk]

Originally posted by MajorSam
          Hey all,

Do you remember my post a week and a half'ish back about Amanda participating in the Vancouver "Crazy 8's" Film Festival? they FINALLY have some more publications up, and I've found a pic of Amanda and her husband at the screening night, she's looking gooorgeous as usual. *sigh* How is her hair ALWAYS so DARN PERFECT!?!? gah!! For those who've forgotten this is from Saturday June 3rd

If you want to see it on the site, i'll tutorial you all through!

http://wendyd.ca/gallery/ <--- Go to this link, then find at the top the "Portfolio" option, click it, then "Events" then "crazy 8's" (The first option) it's in the second "page" bottom right corner.

If anyone cares to look, the top left corner is Colin Cunningham.

Enjoy

MSam
          sigpic

Comment

I think Amanda looks good in glasses. But I'm a little partial, I wear them myself.

ETA: Thimk does not equal think.
            Last edited by LaCroix; 13 June 2006, 07:20 PM.

Comment

AT is 40 and still looks AMAZING! She's absolutely gorgeous. Did anyone else notice that peope on Stargate age very gracefully? I hope I'll be that way. *Sigh* People tend to think I'm way younger than I look, and I'm not even that old!

Oh, to be a fraction as pretty as AT!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                AT is 40 and still looks AMAZING! She's absolutely gorgeous. Did anyone else notice that peope on Stargate age very gracefully? I hope I'll be that way. *Sigh* People tend to think I'm way younger than I look, and I'm not even that old!

Oh, to be a fraction as pretty as AT!

People always think i'm significantly older than I am... But not because I look old-old, I'm just... very tall and mature looking I'm with you in praying that when I'm 40 I can look half as good as she!
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

L.A. Doyle, that's so true. She really is blessed. I think a great portion of her beauty shines from inside of her just as brightly as it comes from her physical looks. She's a good soul, that lady. A real class act, through and through.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

People always think i'm significantly older than I am... But not because I look old-old, I'm just... very tall and mature looking I'm with you in praying that when I'm 40 I can look half as good as she!
                    I went with my little brother when he signed up for 6th grade last year. They tried to sign me up too! I'm 10 years older than him FCOL! It could have to do with the fact that he's HUGE! He's a giant for his age, and I'm, well, short. Someone the other day thought I was 17...at least he was closer.

AT is just natural, you know? Her looks, her personality. I'd really like to meet her one day... I'd be happy seeing her at a con. I'd probably faint though, and that would be embarrassing!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                      I went with my little brother when he signed up for 6th grade last year. They tried to sign me up too! I'm 10 years older than him FCOL! It could have to do with the fact that he's HUGE! He's a giant for his age, and I'm, well, short. Someone the other day thought I was 17...at least he was closer.

AT is just natural, you know? Her looks, her personality. I'd really like to meet her one day... I'd be happy seeing her at a con. I'd probably faint though, and that would be embarrassing!
                      Lol, I could get into 14A movies no problem from the age of about 9 or 10...

Completely agree about Amanda. There is nothing about her at all that is fake, she's fully down to earth, warm, giving, wonderful, funny... the list goes on. If you ever get the chance to meet her, you most definately have to, she literally has the power to change people's lives for the better just by meeting them!!!!

*goes off into ramble about the brilliance of Amanda* *sigh* I'm SO grateful there is at least one person like her out there in the world to mentor people young and old.

On a random note... In a convo with AD, I discovered by accident that my really good friend Sam, when described, is actually Samantha, the blonde haired blue eyed Amanda-Height model.... hahaha. No, they don't look the same though, the hairs long and face shape totally different... plus a huge age difference. But still.
                      Do any of you have friends with amusing simialarities to SG ppl??
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

100% True Mini.... and the inside makes a huge difference, a substance that can be so easily missing in many people. It kinda oozes out of Amanda tho

L.A. Doyle, that's so true. She really is blessed. I think a great portion of her beauty shines from inside of her just as brightly as it comes from her physical looks. She's a good soul, that lady. A real class act, through and through.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey all,

Do you remember my post a week and a half'ish back about Amanda participating in the Vancouver "Crazy 8's" Film Festival? they FINALLY have some more publications up, and I've found a pic of Amanda and her husband at the screening night, she's looking gooorgeous as usual. *sigh* How is her hair ALWAYS so DARN PERFECT!?!? gah!! For those who've forgotten this is from Saturday June 3rd

If you want to see it on the site, i'll tutorial you all through!

http://wendyd.ca/gallery/ <--- Go to this link, then find at the top the "Portfolio" option, click it, then "Events" then "crazy 8's" (The first option) it's in the second "page" bottom right corner.

If anyone cares to look, the top left corner is Colin Cunningham.

Enjoy

MSam
                          WOW!!! She's gorgeous!! And she's wearing glasses too! How cool is that?! Alan's looking a little short next to her but hey...I bet she's got heels on!! Cool pic MS!! Thanks for that!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            ... presuming we get tickets, Sue and I are going to bridge AT2 and Avalon. she has some friends in the uk and we'll hang out together during the week

the 4 hours come from the fact that the 580 total attendees will be divided into 5 groups, a little over 100 each, and each group will have ONE of five sessions.

fri am
                            fri pm
                            sat am
                            sat pm
                            sun am

and they will ONLY be able to attend one of the five sessions

this allows many people to attend, while keeping it small and intimate

rick and amanda will basically do the same 'show' five times over.

coffee/tea
                            pictures
                            Q&A
                            WOW!! Wish I was going. I hope you get the tickets and have a blast!! I'll be looking out for all the juicey details! An hour almost doesn't seem like enough time but I guess it's better than no time at all.
                            I've been reading some of your fics Sky and...wow...some of them are just so damn brilliant - they should be made into future episodes!! Super work Sky. Have a great day!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Good night all. Happy posting.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Here are some photos from Other
                                Side. They are quite large so I put them in spoilers.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This is one of my absolute favorite scenes and to me
                                it's yet another example of why S9 is so lacking in my
                                opinion without RDA around.

According to an excerpt in the Stargate Illustrated
                                Companion S4-3:

Although he[Brad Wright] agrees that Alar "had it
                                coming", the writer is bothered by one choice Richard
                                Dean Anderson made, which Wright feels made quite a
                                difference to how the ending was viewed. "After he had
                                deliberately closed the iris, knowing he was
                                committing Alar to death, he was supposed to have
                                said, "This is where we came in.' In other words,
                                O'Neill's justification was the Eurondans were
                                mortibund. They were an inch away from their own doom
                                and then we came in and brought them some time. My
                                feeling is that the line would have helped to make the
                                episode more symmetrical but, you know, writers are
                                like that and actors aren't."

Personally, I think the way AT and RDA played that
                                seen at the end without any discussion about what
                                happened was shocking and stunning at the same time.
                                The looks they both give one another left me
                                questioning what they were truly thinking at that
                                moment in time. I seem to recall reading an
                                interview with Amanda where she stated that she tried
                                to play it that Sam being utterly shocked by what
                                O'Neill had just done, but understanding why he had
                                made that decision; although I'm not so sure if Sam
                                really would have done the same if it had been her
                                call. I was just very fascinated with the fact that
                                Brad Wright suggested RDA had that kind of control
                                over an episode. I mean it's not as if BW is just a
                                writer as he suggests. He an EP as well as the show
                                runner. One would think that he would have had a bit
                                more say in the matter if he had truly wanted. Which
                                leads me to suspect after watching S9, that RDA had
                                much more say in the show's editing process than most
                                of us may have realized.
                                Oh yeah. I'm not so sure this shouldn't be on Whinge Nuts or the MGs Rage thread so I'll spoiler the observations.
                                Spoiler:

I'm more certain every day that Rick was the
                                only reason the show didb't completely tank in S8. I
                                know it wasn't stellar, but with him there at least
                                they had an EP that was focused on SG-1. And not on
                                the new baby named Atlantis. Rick was an investor
                                through Gekko. He's a shrewed businessman. He knows
                                what works.Oh to be a fly on the wall at
                                Bridge...

The scripts weren't really that strong in S8. The
                                stand-alones were pretty weak. Only the two-parters
                                kicked [SIZE="1"]Goa'uld IZE] $ss and that was only
                                because they were wrapping up threads/we were getting
                                the payoff for watching the last 8 seasons.

We were left with not much story for S9 and TPTB were
                                left with not much time to write 40 eps in the
                                time they used to write 20. Oy. No wonder quality
                                fell. Hello?!? Hire more writers/directors!
                                Especially once they knew they were getting a new
                                lease on life with the hiring of Ben they should have
                                known they needed more people as S9 was unlikey to be
                                the last season. GAH!

Suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X