Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Wish I could, but I can't afford the cost, I'm afraid.
    Me either. Heck, right now I can't even afford a passport.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      Me either. Heck, right now I can't even afford a passport.
      Well, there's room in my suitcase, DJ! Anyway, it's only a four hour event with AManda and Rick (as I understand it), so there can't be THAT much to miss. We need to get you to GABIT AT2!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Here's another question for Samanda:

What are your favorite AT acting moments or scenes?

Most have already been mentioned but I thought of a few more...

In Sorched Earth when she disagrees with Jack about building the bomb.

In Ascension when she enters Hammond's office to find she was under survelience(sp)...the look she gives Jack.

and also at the end when Orlin is ascended.

And lastly in Reckoning as RepliCarter when Daniel fights back....both are so pissed.

I know there are tons more.....can't think of them at the moment.
        sigpic

Comment

Woohoo... ummm... take a video camera too hey so I can see what my spirit was up to all weekend

Also the Avalon event is listed as going from the 24th to the 26th of Nov, where is this only four hours thing coming from?

I may have missed something, RL has been keeping me bloody busy of late... but I thought it was longer than 4 hours.

Originally posted by minigeek
          Awww, well, I'm still not sure I'll get the time off. If I do, then I'll take you with me in spirit, too!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
            Most have already been mentioned but I thought of a few more...
            <snip>

And lastly in Reckoning as RepliCarter when Daniel fights back....both are so pissed.

I know there are tons more.....can't think of them at the moment.
            Oooh I just love that pic!!
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i sooooo agree!

i actually wish there'd been more to the torture stuff. i actually recorded the ep to keep just because of those scenes (seeing as i wouldn't have kept the ep, otherwise, because the pete stuff bothered me as a shipper )
              amanda might not think she does good in these scenes, but i think she's GREAT in them!

sally
              Originally posted by RepliCartertje

And if we are talking about torturing how about when she is tortured in New Order... there you can see how scared she is and that she really is in a lot of pain... I like that scene
              majorsal, RepliCarterje: When you all are talking about torture, you DO mean those scenes with Pete in the farm house, right? 'Cause I was pretty tortured by the thought of her stuck on a farm with that spud for the rest of her life!!!!! (*giggles--covers mouth--runs and hides in corner*)
              Originally posted by AmberLM
              I really don't understand why Amanda isn't more famous than she is. Maybe it's a personal choice and if so I respect and understand that but if not then it's a damn shame that she's not a Hollywood A-lister by now. If anyone deserves the kind of recognition that comes with being a superstar it's Amanda. She's about a million times better an actress than a lot of $7-million-dollar-a-movie actresses and she's much more down-to-earth and classy than a lot of Hollywood stars too.
              I have thought the same thing for a long time, Amber. She is so effective on camera! Her eyes convey so much, and no matter what impossible scenario they put her in, she carries it off with grace, charm, believability and professionalism! She's better than most.....and, I think.....one of the very best out there working today!!!

Comment

Hey all,

Do you remember my post a week and a half'ish back about Amanda participating in the Vancouver "Crazy 8's" Film Festival? they FINALLY have some more publications up, and I've found a pic of Amanda and her husband at the screening night, she's looking gooorgeous as usual. *sigh* How is her hair ALWAYS so DARN PERFECT!?!? gah!! For those who've forgotten this is from Saturday June 3rd

If you want to see it on the site, i'll tutorial you all through!

http://wendyd.ca/gallery/ <--- Go to this link, then find at the top the "Portfolio" option, click it, then "Events" then "crazy 8's" (The first option) it's in the second "page" bottom right corner.

If anyone cares to look, the top left corner is Colin Cunningham.

Enjoy

MSam
                Last edited by MajorSam; 13 June 2006, 05:40 PM.
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                  Hey all,

Do you remember my post a week and a half'ish back about Amanda participating in the Vancouver "Crazy 8's" Film Festival? they FINALLY have some more publications up, and I've found a pic of Amanda and her husband at the screening night, she's looking gooorgeous as usual. *sigh* How is her hair ALWAYS so DARN PERFECT!?!? gah!!

http://wendyd.ca/gallery/ <--- Go to this link, then find at the top the "Portfolio" option, click it, then "Events" then "crazy 8's" (The first option) it's in the second "page" bottom right corner.

Enjoy

MSam
                  thanks MSam for pic post and the lesson and you're right gorgous as always.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Wow. Love the glasses. She looks awesome!!! Thanks for sharing that, MSam.

hugs,
                    mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hey all,

Do you remember my post a week and a half'ish back about Amanda participating in the Vancouver "Crazy 8's" Film Festival? they FINALLY have some more publications up, and I've found a pic of Amanda and her husband at the screening night, she's looking gooorgeous as usual. *sigh* How is her hair ALWAYS so DARN PERFECT!?!? gah!! For those who've forgotten this is from Saturday June 3rd

Enjoy

MSam
                      Wow, Amanda wears glasses? Not that I'm complaining, because glasses = teh sex, but I didn't know that :O

Comment

so many topics, so little time

that's what i get for traveling and working

a) i think that sam could conceivably tag along...if she departed earth attached to a team and returned also attached to a team.

also, if jacob was alive hten i'm sure the trip could be justified as a summit with an alien ambassador

b) presuming we get tickets, Sue and I are going to bridge AT2 and Avalon. she has some friends in the uk and we'll hang out together during the week

c) the con is named Avalon after the location. no reference to season 9

the 4 hours come from the fact that the 580 total attendees will be divided into 5 groups, a little over 100 each, and each group will have ONE of five sessions.

fri am
                        fri pm
                        sat am
                        sat pm
                        sun am

and they will ONLY be able to attend one of the five sessions

this allows many people to attend, while keeping it small and intimate

rick and amanda will basically do the same 'show' five times over.

coffee/tea
                        pictures
                        Q&A
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Wow, Amanda wears glasses? Not that I'm complaining, because glasses = teh sex, but I didn't know that :O

*looks suspiciously at AD* I've told you before she has glasses... although these ones are updated from the last I saw, they look fab! She looks all the more sophisticated and, well, the word that comes to mind for me in that pic is "artsy" heh, which is wonderful. AD Translation Artsy = teh sex.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven

Also, take a look at the Behind the Scenes of "Frozen." Brad Wright wouldn't let RDA get away with a certain line

(snip)
                            do you know what line?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

*looks suspiciously at AD* I've told you before she has glasses... although these ones are updated from the last I saw, they look fab! She looks all the more sophisticated and, well, the word that comes to mind for me in that pic is "artsy" heh, which is wonderful. AD Translation Artsy = teh sex.
                              huh, i never knew she wore glasses either. is it only in the last few years? never seen her with glasses before.

and RE: that pic, see? no airbrushing required.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                huh, i never knew she wore glasses either. is it only in the last few years? never seen her with glasses before.

and RE: that pic, see? no airbrushing required.
                                She's had glasses for at least 2-3 years that I know of... no clue how much more before that.

and HERE HERE to the no airbrushing

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Working...
                                X