Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Darn. Well, at least I'll see you at AT2! In any event, AT2 is the more compelling of the two events for me, also. Though I do sort of love the idea of actually seeing the "Isle of Avalon" in person...
    Speaking of which, now I've stopped giggling, I think I had better explain to the French girls that the "Isle of Avalon" isn't actually an island, and they don't need to worry about the costs of a ferry to get there. They are currently stressing because they can't find a boat company that goes to the "island".
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Speaking of which, now I've stopped giggling, I think I had better explain to the French girls that the "Isle of Avalon" isn't actually an island, and they don't need to worry about the costs of a ferry to get there. They are currently stressing because they can't find a boat company that goes to the "island".
      Lol that's just too cute! I get *who* the Isle is but I don't get *why* he's being called that. Could someone please explain?
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
        Lol that's just too cute! I get *who* the Isle is but I don't get *why* he's being called that. Could someone please explain?
        "Who"? Now you have me confused. Avalon used to be an island, but it's not any more due to receding water levels and such.

Comment

OK so what's the RDA con reference about? I mean, why is it called 'Avalon'? I was thinking that the 'Isle of Avalon' was maybe some kind of new fandom name for Rick (?!?) - hence my confusion! lol

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34
            i just had to show this pic.. i love the emotion on her face

it big so i spoilered it but its Season 4- the other side

Spoiler:

i love the look on her face.. i have so close ups maybe i should post those...
            great pic and great look on her face!

and you have to wonder what happened after sam walked away? even thought the rest of them couldn't see the look on sam's face, they'd have to wonder why sam was standing there staring at jack. and when she turned around, i'm sure she didn't have a sudden smile on her face. so i really wonder what happened 'afterwards'....

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

OK so what's the RDA con reference about? I mean, why is it called 'Avalon'? I was thinking that the 'Isle of Avalon' was maybe some kind of new fandom name for Rick (?!?) - hence my confusion! lol
              Well, the convention is being held in Wells, part of the ancient Isle of Avalon, which is why they've named it that. I'm also assuming that it's a season nine reference.

Comment

I really don't understand why Amanda isn't more famous than she is. Maybe it's a personal choice and if so I respect and understand that but if not then it's a damn shame that she's not a Hollywood A-lister by now. If anyone deserves the kind of recognition that comes with being a superstar it's Amanda. She's about a million times better an actress than a lot of $7-million-dollar-a-movie actresses and she's much more down-to-earth and classy than a lot of Hollywood stars too.
                i feel the same way. i see her as a super-star! well, at least super

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  great pic and great look on her face!

and you have to wonder what happened after sam walked away? even thought the rest of them couldn't see the look on sam's face, they'd have to wonder why sam was standing there staring at jack. and when she turned around, i'm sure she didn't have a sudden smile on her face. so i really wonder what happened 'afterwards'....

sally
                  Yeah, the guys at the bottom of the ramp look like they're thinking "WTF are they doing?!?" I bet Siler made it the hot topic around the water cooler judging by his face... hee,hee.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje

*also I loved her in Heroes (I hate that episode but still AT was great in it), when she is mad at the reporter, you can see the pain and the sorrow she has of losing a friend. She knows what has happened and doesn't know how to handle her pain and her loss... I find it really good actingwork
                    and if she talks to Teal'c about what she have to say on the memorial service... you also can see her emotion. And the memorial service well there she is on her best
                    i love the way you put that (bolded part). she lost it for a moment, and i loved seeing that. it was very human.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Well, the convention is being held in Wells, part of the ancient Isle of Avalon, which is why they've named it that. I'm also assuming that it's a season nine reference.
                      I'm hoping it's not a S9 reference, because that season was crap. I'm gonna stick to the allegedly gorgeous locale, and leave it at that.

Comment

i love the way you put that (bolded part). she lost it for a moment, and i loved seeing that. it was very human.

sally
                        yeah it was but we don't see it quit often... I can't remember that she was like that any other time or maybe...
                        *fire and water: when she is sitting in the infermery crying (not the same but still... very emotional)
                        *meredian: sitting next to daniel's bed and looking at him, crying
                        *meredian: looking at him from the room together with Janet

can't come up with more... (anyone else ideas?)

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Yeah, AD, you're so right. It's been over a year since I've watched that particular scene, but you make a really valid point. I didn't see that the first couple of times I watched. I really got caught up in that long, intense look because it was so different (for them). And I also equated it with Sam putting off any and all question or wondering about Jack's motivation until after they followed his lead to the very end. Pure faith in his leadership. So much happened in there, and then at the end of it all, once that leader-guy was dead and they were back, everything she hadn't said until that point came tumbling out in a single look. Now that you put it into the perspective of the life that was lost, I can see it even more powerfully. It's even better. Just a fabulous moment. I need to go watch it again, I think!
                          i'm agreeing with ad's assessment too. (and yours, min ).

i know that sam's a combo of jack and daniel, in that she can see the practical (jack) and emotional (daniel) side of issues more equally. but i'd have to wonder how sam would have handled this situation if jack hadn't been the one making the call?...

i think i'd prob of allowed alar to come through the gate with us... but i think i would have quickly regretted it. i think our government would have 'put up' with his prejudice to get the goodies he was offering. i 'think' part of why jack let him die was because he knew our ppl would give into him for greed. what alar was doing was BAD, no matter what his ppl were offering. i think jack knew it would go from bad to worse if he came back.

it's sometimes hard to figure out 'exactly' what a look is conveying sometimes. i'll admit that i'm not 100 percent sure what sam's feeling/thinking, but i 'think' it's a combo of disappointment in jack (even though he warned alar to not follow), and a bit of anger at herself for letting it happen 'too'. i think sam was prob steamed at jack for a bit, but thought it through and knew some of that anger was at herself as well.

i think with time, i'd end up more like jack. i think he's jaded because of the crap he's seen over time. i think ALL of sg1 (our original group) are more jaded.... i wonder if sam would have made the same call (letting alar die) if she'd come up against this 'now'?....

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje

And if we are talking about torturing how about when she is tortured in New Order... there you can see how scared she is and that she really is in a lot of pain... I like that scene

i sooooo agree!

i actually wish there'd been more to the torture stuff. i actually recorded the ep to keep just because of those scenes (seeing as i wouldn't have kept the ep, otherwise, because the pete stuff bothered me as a shipper )

amanda might not think she does good in these scenes, but i think she's GREAT in them!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

i sooooo agree!

i actually wish there'd been more to the torture stuff. i actually recorded the ep to keep just because of those scenes (seeing as i wouldn't have kept the ep, otherwise, because the pete stuff bothered me as a shipper )

amanda might not think she does good in these scenes, but i think she's GREAT in them!

sally
                              yeah I really also didn't like the scene with Pete... oh I really hate Pete
                              but well doesn't matter
                              I really would like to see more sam whumping... AT is realy great in it. She thinks that she isn't but she really is.
                              So more of those scene's in stargate and I would really really be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435

AT managed the best, I think, out of all of them. She looks the most natural. And I agree with whoever said it. She needs no airbrushing. (Niether, imo, did CB.) BB got the brush treatment too, and it's unfortunate because I thought he would have looked better without. They all, with the exception of AT, seems so plastic.
                                i think amanda came out of this the best too.

in the first pic (from here, i think ben looks like a very young jimmy stewart.

these really are good looking ppl, they didn't need the plastic surgery of airbushing.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X