Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lizlove
    Oh, you mean like that. Yeah, they would be more open. But it would only be fair that they understand that she wants to stay away from work in general on vacation too. They must know she didn't leave for some relaxation for a few years now.
    actually, i think it'd be the other way. vacation is temporary, because she needs a break, so they're more likely to leave her be. if she settles down, its permanent, and while it may partially ease up, i think it'd be about the same as it is now in terms of calling her in.

oh, please, sam is such a card counter.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Oh, you mean like that. Yeah, they would be more open. But it would only be fair that they understand that she wants to stay away from work in general on vacation too. They must know she didn't leave for some relaxation for a few years now.
      yeah but it would be hard for them cause they count on her to often. So I really think they don't really mind that she is on holliday.
      Yeah but there is a reason why she didn't leave for relaxation... she just loves her work and that is why she doesn't go often on holliday.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
        actually, i think it'd be the other way. vacation is temporary, because she needs a break, so they're more likely to leave her be. if she settles down, its permanent, and while it may partially ease up, i think it'd be about the same as it is now in terms of calling her in.

You mean settle down totally. I thought more about being a mom and wife. Just going home every night. Go on vacation with her family. Taking maternity leave.
        All in all, just leave the poor woman to be for a few weeks!

Comment

You mean settle down totally. I thought more about being a mom and wife. Just going home every night. Go on vacation with her family. Taking maternity leave.
          that was my definition of settle down...
          Originally posted by LizLove
          All in all, just leave the poor woman to be for a few weeks!
          hey, she's got leave, lets see her try.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

I don't think she will never stop working even if she is a mum or has a family she will take some time of for them but she will still be working... she can't live without it

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
              yeah but it would be hard for them cause they count on her to often. So I really think they don't really mind that she is on holliday.
              Yeah but there is a reason why she didn't leave for relaxation... she just loves her work and that is why she doesn't go often on holliday.
              Yeah she loves her work but if she continues like that it will be the end of her. She should think a little bit more about herself, maybe reconsider her priorities in life. I thought the ep Threads opened her eyes but sadly there was no continuation on this by TPTB.

Comment

that was my definition of settle down...
                But she wouldn't need to stop working totally to achieve that. She could manage it.
                hey, she's got leave, lets see her try.
                Yeah, lets see...

Comment

Yeah she loves her work but if she continues like that it will be the end of her. She should think a little bit more about herself, maybe reconsider her priorities in life. I thought the ep Threads opened her eyes but sadly there was no continuation on this by TPTB.
                  yeah but I think she knows that she has to work on her personal life but it is just to hard to break a habbit. I mean if you do it for 8 years it is hard to change to a woman that doesn't see her work at first.
                  And well maybe work is an escape for her... after treads I thougt that she would be more emotional so maybe... work is a good excuse

Comment

But she wouldn't need to stop working totally to achieve that. She could manage it.
                    thats what i mean....
                    she settles down, mom and wife, but the SGC doesn't treat her all that differently. of course, if she starts acting very different, they may (will), but i don't think she will. at least, not now.
                    but, on vacation, its just temporary, and it show she needs a break, so i think they'd be more inclined to lay off the "there's a crazy plant in the ventilation system" calls at 2am.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                      yeah but I think she knows that she has to work on her personal life but it is just to hard to break a habbit. I mean if you do it for 8 years it is hard to change to a woman that doesn't see her work at first.
                      And well maybe work is an escape for her... after treads I thougt that she would be more emotional so maybe... work is a good excuse
                      it is. good thing to hide behind, concentrate on. keeps your mind off. other things. why do you think she's such a genius? what else would she do when her mom died?
                      sigpic

Comment

thats what i mean....
                        she settles down, mom and wife, but the SGC doesn't treat her all that differently. of course, if she starts acting very different, they may (will), but i don't think she will. at least, not now.
                        but, on vacation, its just temporary, and it show she needs a break, so i think they'd be more inclined to lay off the "there's a crazy plant in the ventilation system" calls at 2am.
                        Some confusion in here
                        That's what I meant too. It's funny how having a family could change things and not only for the most obvious persons.

Comment

it is. good thing to hide behind, concentrate on. keeps your mind off. other things. why do you think she's such a genius? what else would she do when her mom died?
                          It's something that has always bothered me. Hiding behind work. It's not healthy and you could regret it later when everything is done and over with.
                          That's the only thing I don't really like about Sam: always focussing on her work. Sometimes I get the impression she isn't enjoying her life.

Comment

It's something that has always bothered me. Hiding behind work. It's not healthy and you could regret it later when everything is done and over with.
                            That's the only thing I don't really like about Sam: always focussing on her work. Sometimes I get the impression she isn't enjoying her life.
                            yeah, well, tell that to....me.

good job, actually.

more fun than it seems, i swear.
                            sigpic

Comment

well but it is an escape and somethimes you just need that... It is better to do something you really like than sit and be depressed. That wouldn't help. But yeah it isn't that healthy but in Sam's case I don't think it is that bad... she looks fine to me... not 100% but still emotionally fine

Comment

yeah, well, tell that to....me.

good job, actually.

more fun than it seems, i swear.
                                Okay... get a life!!!
                                But you're spending time here, you have a passion for AT and SG. For Sam sometimes it's only like science is counting!

Comment

Working...
                                X