Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    I'd say that Sam has a better chance of enjoying a long vacation if she's offworld. Maybe they'd be less likely to call her in when disaster strikes in her absence if she was a few thousand light years away.

Then again, they'd still be able to radio her through the stargate.
    i think they'd be MORE likely to call her. don't want her to get stuck there when the crisis may erupt. if she's on earth, they can wait longer until they're more sure it'll be bad.

not that i'm condoning utilizing top secret and expensive government property for personal relaxation, or anything.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      dunno, think landry would let her take a vacation off world???
      Well, surely she's clocked up enough Airmiles in ten years
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        I'd say that Sam has a better chance of enjoying a long vacation if she's offworld. Maybe they'd be less likely to call her in when disaster strikes in her absence if she was a few thousand light years away.

Then again, they'd still be able to radio her through the stargate.
        Of course she would forget her phone, computer and all sort of communication device if she really wanted to relax!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
          Of course she would forget her phone, computer and all sort of communication device if she really wanted to relax!
          yeah well I hope she does that but I think she will find it really hard to enjoy her vacantian... she really loves her work so maybe she takes her phone with her in the hope that someone calls her to work

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
            yeah well I hope she does that but I think she will find it really hard to enjoy her vacantian... she really loves her work so maybe she takes her phone with her in the hope that someone calls her to work
            If she would take a vacation she would do it because she really needs it. Having a moment for herself and not have a care in the world. Figuratively speaking of course.

Comment

If she would take a vacation she would do it because she really needs it. Having a moment for herself and not have a care in the world. Figuratively speaking of course.
              yeah that is true but maybe she didn't want to go on holliday but someone forced her to take some leave what in her case maybe can be true.

Comment

yeah that is true but maybe she didn't want to go on holliday but someone forced her to take some leave what in her case maybe can be true.
                Of course knowing Sam. But then if someone would push her they
                wouldn't ask her help the second she turned her back right?
                There are other competent members at the SGC who can do it.
                Spoiler:
                They managed while she was away at Area 51.

Comment

Of course knowing Sam. But then if someone would push her they
                  wouldn't ask her help the second she turned her back right?
                  There are other competent members at the SGC who can do it.
                  Spoiler:
                  They managed while she was away at Area 51.
                  yeah true but still they rather have her doing it all :d and I don't blame them... she is just the best and well Dr. Lee isn't that good as Carter and MacKay is in Atlantis so... they really would call her

Spoiler:
                  and it is not the same being on vacation and in Area 51, there she is still working and they can call her anytime on vacation they will not call her immediatly unless it is an emmergency

Comment

yeah true but still they rather have her doing it all :d and I don't blame them... she is just the best and well Dr. Lee isn't that good as Carter and MacKay is in Atlantis so... they really would call her

Spoiler:
                    and it is not the same being on vacation and in Area 51, there she is still working and they can call her anytime on vacation they will not call her immediatly unless it is an emmergency
                    Yes I understand they would trust her more but they have to keep in mind that she will be available till the end. I understand if it was really big that they would need her but it would be weird that happens when she's away.

And if she settles down she would like to spent more time with her family and all. She won't be the better best at it her whole life either. After all she did I think she desserves the little time out with no worriing about her job.

Comment

Yes I understand they would trust her more but they have to keep in mind that she will be available till the end. I understand if it was really big that they would need her but it would be weird that happens when she's away.

And if she settles down she would like to spent more time with her family and all. She won't be the better best at it her whole life either. After all she did I think she desserves the little time out with no worriing about her job.
                      yeah that is true but still you never know... and I would not compare Vacation with settling down cause you totally react on a other level. I mean when you are on vacation you will easilly call her when she is with family/kids/... they will understand that more cause they know it isn't only her anymore but there are other people involved.

Comment

yeah that is true but still you never know... and I would not compare Vacation with settling down cause you totally react on a other level. I mean when you are on vacation you will easilly call her when she is with family/kids/... they will understand that more cause they know it isn't only her anymore but there are other people involved.
                        No, but I meant as a comparaison. If she would settle down that would mean she would be more away no?
                        Vacation is being away...
                        You following?

Comment

No, but I meant as a comparaison. If she would settle down that would mean she would be more away no?
                          Vacation is being away...
                          You following?
                          me following you not... No I think I understand what you are saying but that is just my point if she is on vacation or with her family the SGC would react differently because they know when they can call her and they know when she is on holliday she really likes to come to work... I Think

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            ok, here's a sam topic

sam HAS to go on vacation. HAS to. no hiding in the lab, no work-a-holic tendencies

so where woudl she go and why??

oh, and please, can we keep the minnesota cabin out of it???? Just this once
                            She goes on a road trip on her motorcycle. Why? Because it's FUN!

Oh, and then she'd work on her book she's been wanting to write for so long, the one she started in Upgrades. That's not really work related, she WANTS to do it!

Comment

me following you not... No I think I understand what you are saying but that is just my point if she is on vacation or with her family the SGC would react differently because they know when they can call her and they know when she is on holliday she really likes to come to work... I Think
                              Oh, you mean like that. Yeah, they would be more open. But it would only be fair that they understand that she wants to stay away from work in general on vacation too. They must know she didn't leave for some relaxation for a few years now.

Comment

i agree with Kat, i've always thought that sam would love the gumball 3000. but failing that i'd say she might go to the other end of the spectrum and go for a totally relaxing holiday in hawaii. or hey maybe go to vegas for some blackjack. (i'd say she kicks ass at card counting, but it's probably too dishonest for her morals. lousy morals. )

(edit, posted the wrong name. duh. there was something a few pages back that i agreed with forever for, can't remember it now (duh again) so i'll have to go and check. )
                                Last edited by stargate barbie; 12 June 2006, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X