Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Thanks Sal, that was cute
    while I was on that site I found this video of Amanda accepting her 2005 Leo Award, it is sooo cute
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQZZR...anda%20tapping
    Thanks for the vid. She was indeed cute. I loved the moment she speaks about her daughter.
    Alea jacta est. Les dés sont lancés. Season 3 is on this way

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      god, i just finished one of the stories sky recommend. that dark fic. wow.

i don't know what it is about stories like this (i'd NEVER want this to happen to me personally), but i just like bleak fics where sam's involved. i remember this one called 'shade' that i fell in love with, and it was about sam being a prisoner and being tortured! (i was terribly let down by the end, though. anticlimactic)

but anways; do others prefer dark/bleak fics or happy fics? i absolutely adore happy/shippy fics, but i also like looking into a place where things don't go so great and... but i don't like bad (permanent) endings. like sam's death. at all.

thanks, sky, for recommending that fic!

sally

ps - hope someone writes that sam-in-irac fic....
      Personally I like all kind of fics. It depends on my mood.
      But how crazy it may sound I love to read a good death fic from time to time
      Now, I want to read 'Alone' again... and Sky's fic recs

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
        Cam (whispering out of side of mouth): "I know he'll love it..."
        Sam (whispering back): "No, he won't."
        Cam: "Yes, he will."
        Sam: "I know him better than you."
        Cam: "No, you don't.
        Sam: "Yes, I do."
        Cam: "Uh-uh."
        Sam: "Uh-Huh."
        (Cam opens mouth to respond again. Sam turns to give him an arched eyebrow and squint. Cam grimaces and shakes his head.)
        Cam: "Awww, come on, Sam!
        Sam(glances at Landry and raises index finger, speaking in normal tone): "No, Sir. Regardless of what Colonel Mitchell has told you, we are not having fried peanut butter, jelly, and banana sandwiches at Teal'c's birthday party. There will be no Elvis theme..." (Turns to glare at Cam.)
        Cam (hurt): "So what're we having then?"
        Sam (smug smile): "Blue J-ELLO. And cake. Lots and lots of cake."

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Apoca!Fic :O Weather Vane, by wisdomeagle. Since it's apocafic, there is character death so be warned For those that don't like that
          Spoiler:
          its Jack and Daniel who don't make it

Comment

i remember reading alone. it was years ago, but i remember reading it. when i first got into the fandom i think i read most of heliopolis...course back then it was just a couple thousand fic.

i have to be in a mood to read apocafic, or death fic. but sometimes it just appeals. Other times i think it's 'fun' to put sam through the wringer, just to see how she comes out on the other side.

I did some not so nice things to her in zine fic in the past few years. I had jack taken over by hathor and sam went rogue to rescue him, or i had her taken by hathy, spent several months as hathy's prisoner then was rescued.

I think the one 'necessary' thing to whumping her is that you NEED to deal with the fallout. It can't be 34 pages of whump, and 2 pages of rescue and 'we all live happily ever after'. i find that soooo unsatisifying. in fact, i kinda prefer less detail in the whump and more of a focus on the 'after'.

And about Sel's fic. It's complete, she's just posting it in chapters. It was in revelations III, which is off moritorium but she's not posting it in one chunk, so if the WIP aspect spooks ya, i can vouce for the fact that it's complete, just not all posted
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok... so there's a new word, and I wanted to test my new sig in rotation... what does Apocafic mean exactly??

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Apoca!Fic :O Weather Vane, by wisdomeagle. Since it's apocafic, there is character death so be warned For those that don't like that
              Spoiler:
              its Jack and Daniel who don't make it
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                Ok... so there's a new word, and I wanted to test my new sig in rotation... what does Apocafic mean exactly??
                Isn't that a fic that deals with Apocalipse and that genre of stuff? Like real bad things happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                  Apocalypse-Fic. End of the world stuff Dark. Sometimes ends on a lighter note. Sometimes doesn't. Usually lots of character death as well.

And I dunno if the sig is working

Comment

It is, just a new one I added to my little rotating collection there

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Apocalypse-Fic. End of the world stuff Dark. Sometimes ends on a lighter note. Sometimes doesn't. Usually lots of character death as well.

And I dunno if the sig is working
                    sigpic

Comment

Ahem...

Hi everybody.

I hope I'm back for good. My internet connection has been a pain in the mik'ta lately. I missed you all, internet and Samanda withdrawal aren't pretty, you have my word.

Knowing how fast this thread grows, I'm beyond hope for an update on what went on. So...what's new in Samanda ?
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        Ahem...

Hi everybody.

I hope I'm back for good. My internet connection has been a pain in the mik'ta lately. I missed you all, internet and Samanda withdrawal aren't pretty, you have my word.

Knowing how fast this thread grows, I'm beyond hope for an update on what went on. So...what's new in Samanda ?
                        Oh yeah... uhh while you were gone... we kinda all voted.

[voice=Big Brother]It's time to go - Lys[/voice]

I kid of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i remember reading alone. it was years ago, but i remember reading it. when i first got into the fandom i think i read most of heliopolis...course back then it was just a couple thousand fic.

i have to be in a mood to read apocafic, or death fic. but sometimes it just appeals. Other times i think it's 'fun' to put sam through the wringer, just to see how she comes out on the other side.
                          Have never liked the end of the world few survivors stuff. Not even keen on that type of movie.
                          I did some not so nice things to her in zine fic in the past few years. I had jack taken over by hathor and sam went rogue to rescue him, or i had her taken by hathy, spent several months as hathy's prisoner then was rescued.

I think the one 'necessary' thing to whumping her is that you NEED to deal with the fallout. It can't be 34 pages of whump, and 2 pages of rescue and 'we all live happily ever after'. i find that soooo unsatisifying. in fact, i kinda prefer less detail in the whump and more of a focus on the 'after'.
                          I totally agree. My first epic starts with the whumping pretty much already done and then continues on from there for .... oow if you print it carefully about a hundred pages (it's 65,000 words!). A little more whumping gets done along the way of course

Actually I miss writing but i am just so busy these days I don't get the time
                          One day I'll write the plot bunnie I have bouncing round in my head down... Maybe in December!

Thanks for those fic recs denise, I enjoyed both of them.

becks

Comment

Hum, I have this from the Amanda Tapping Yahoo!Group.
                            It's for those of you in the US who have expanded cable, the Showtime
                            Beyond.
                            They will air Amanda's Outer Limits episode:

The Outer Limits

The Joining

Starring C Thomas Howell, Amanda Tapping, Jeffrey Jones.
                            A scientist merges his DNA with Venusian life-forms. 45 minutes- TV-14,(CC), Stereo, SAP, L,S,V

Wed Jun 21 01:35P on Showtime Beyond
                            Wed Jun 21 10:00P on Showtime Beyond
                            Mon Jun 26 12:25P on Showtime Beyond
                            Mon Jun 26 11:20P on Showtime Beyond

Comment

ok, here's a sam topic

sam HAS to go on vacation. HAS to. no hiding in the lab, no work-a-holic tendencies

so where woudl she go and why??

oh, and please, can we keep the minnesota cabin out of it???? Just this once
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ok, here's a sam topic

sam HAS to go on vacation. HAS to. no hiding in the lab, no work-a-holic tendencies

so where woudl she go and why??

oh, and please, can we keep the minnesota cabin out of it???? Just this once
                                A Patchwork and quilting retreat ( log cabin optional but lots of ladies of a certain age) to learn how to quilt just like her Mom did....

Of course in this plot bunny, she ends up exasperatedly declaring she can design a listening device for picking up deep space radr telemetry so fixing an erant sewing machine should be no problem....

or maybe she looks up the next partail eclipse of something and flies off to see it... or is that too workaholicly?

Becks
                                [who should be working on patchwork class notes right now]

Comment

Working...
                                X