No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lizlove recommended the fic yesterday here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=42065 and I have to thank her for it, because it really is a good read, even for this non-shipper

NC

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Five missions ending in emergency escapes, four interplanetary diplomatic incidents, a concussions and a broken leg for Daniel and two SG teams dead - I was only gone for a week, Cam! What did you do?!

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

ooh, two great fic

http://surrealphantast.livejournal.com/217581.html

both one right after the other

the first is pretty dark wtih hints of s/j, the other just fun
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow quiet around here this weekend.

How about some caption this?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam

Landry, I can't work one more minute this way. We settle this co-lead issue now, or things are gonna get ugly!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
              Landry, I can't work one more minute this way. We settle this co-lead issue now, or things are gonna get ugly!
              Looks like Mitchell has a feeling that he's going to be the one out of command.

Comment

no, i told you. i am NOT working this weekend. I have plans...and, with all due respect sir, they are none of your business
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sam: General, this can't go on. I have to put my foot down. I won't have him carry on like this. We were lucky to escape with our lives last time because somebody thought that "stay under the radar" translated as "pretend to be a drug dealer".

Landry: Colonel, please, nobody else will take him. Can't you just humour him, let him believe that he's still in charge? I don't want him to come crying to me because nobody respects him... again.

Mitchell: You know, I'm sitting right here.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    Grazie, for the translation, DEM (because I really did not know the American equivalents)

--------
                    The following is a cross-post from another thread

Samantha’s worth to him was as herself, not in any role she held in the SGC, or any rank that the United States Air Force gave her. Yes, her functional capability towards this base was substantial, but were she to lose all that, still his loyalty would be to her for who she was. She was valuable to Teal’c because she was Samantha. After eight years, that was enough for him.

Chapter 6 is a wonderful exposition from Teal'c's perspective. Great insights and observations into male-female roles in our society - as seen from an 'outsider' (alien Jaffa). In addition, wonderful comments on the character of Sam Carter - as well as others such as Jack and Daniel and a few other SGC personnel.

And this is not S/T romantic ship! - just wonderful comraderie.

Reflections by Seldear

Is the new story? Not quite all posted yet? Could I ask a favor? Could you please give me a nudge either here, or via PM when it's all up? I'm too ADD to be able to handle reading WIPs. And I fear I'll forget to read it without a reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      ooh, two great fic

http://surrealphantast.livejournal.com/217581.html

both one right after the other

the first is pretty dark wtih hints of s/j, the other just fun
                      Thanks Sky,
                      I wasn't in the mood for the dark one (save it for later) but I did enjoy the fun one!!!

Jan
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        Question:

How do you think the character of Sam Carter would have developed over the course of the 8 years of Stargate SG-1, if she had not been an Air Force officer?

What role do you think Dr. Carter would have played in Stargate SG-1?
                        (If she had civilian, instead of military, status, like Daniel?)

I think
                        Spoiler:
                        that Dr. Carter's role would have evolved quite differently from how they allowed Daniel to evolve. I can't see them allowing Carter to become proficient with the variety of weapons (e.g., P-90) or small-team military tactics as they allowed Daniel to do.

I think they would have worked it up to the point were Carter carried a pistol and, maybe a zat. But I can't see them arming female scientist Dr. Carter with a P-90, except under very unusual circumstances (the weapon ends up in her hands, but not because she was outfitted with it).

With Carter as a trained military officer, the team had three trained warriors, and Dr. Daniel Jackson, cilivilian. Easy enough to take the civilian male and put him in military field gear. It's macho - and it looks 'right' (fits stereotypes that he'd be able to handle it) on a man.

But I can't see them going that way if Carter had been a civilian scientist. Instead, I think she would have been the one constantly berating Jack for his militaristic responses to things. We wouldhave probably have seen the two scientists huddled together, with Daniel using his body to shield Sam's. They would both be 'damsels' compared to Jack and Teal'c's trained super-warrior status, but I think they would have had Daniel and Sam act more stereotypically in the male-protect, female-is-helpless-and-gets-protected roles.

that's a very good/interesting question, astro.

Spoiler:

i'm not sure how they would have started off writing sam if she had been a civilian from the get-go, but i think she would have become more like the sam we see today anyways.

when we saw the civilian sam in POV, she was no damsel in distress.

i also think amanda would have fought to make sam stronger and less damselly (word?) if they'd written her that way. i also think rda would have helped adjust the character if the writers were writing her whimpy (he's always been in amanda's corner, in my opinion).

so let's say they'd written sam as just dr carter; i think we would have seen sam slowly changing into how daniel slowly changed; he become more military proficient (aka macho ).

i think we'd have still seem a strong, kick-butt sam, even if she'd been only dr sam.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Oops, I see that this special event has already been posted (reading backwards) but I'll leave this up anyhow!

This just appeared in my email from Kamil, Amanda's official webmaster:

The Gabit Events website at www.gabitevents.co.uk has just launched the
                          portion of their site with the official info on Avalon 2006 (November
                          24-26, 2006), a convention for Amanda and Richard Dean Anderson that's
                          going to be held in Wells, United Kingdom
                          . So go there and find out for
                          yourself.

As for Amanda's site (www.amandatapping.com) we also have the official
                          information on it. What we also have, just as obviously the official
                          Avalon pages do, is Amanda's official statement confirming that she is
                          going to attend Avalon 2006.

So please do read it.
                          Kamil

What a weekend! They're calling it Avalon - held in a medieval town with a magnificient cathedral. I believe part of the event is in the royal palace/castle - sounds like the kingdom of Samanda, eh?! Go check the details. This will be coordinated by the GABIT4 the weekend after GABIT2 in London!

RDA's only convention commitment and monies raised for his and Amanda's pet charities all weekend. Quite an event!
                          isn't it great?!

my two favorite actors on the planet (amanda being number one! ), and they're doing a con together!

i can't go, but i'd depending on my fellow sam fans to tell me EVERYTHING! and with PICTURES!!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Hardcore!Carter from Ripple Effect!
                            which one was she?

i'm not a fan of that ep *glares at joe and peter*, so i only saw it once and i need a refresher on exactly which alt sam you're meaning.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam: Sir I deserve to lead SG1 and if my record isn't enough to prove it, what do I have to do arm wrestle Cam?
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey all, just popping in to say I just caught the last two mins or so of a Star TV deal on Sg1, featuring for the whole 2 mins I saw, Amanda, WOOOH! She was looking gorgeously wonderful, and was on a Ship of somesort.

She had a bruise around her right eyebrow and was saying that she had smacked her head on some part of the ship and got a concussion... then went on joking saying that "I was seven minutes late, for the first time in ten years, and one of the AD's got soooo mad he chucked a radio at me" then continued by saying "But I DO have perfect eyeliner and that's what I think a scifi show is all about!" Or something like that, it was so cute, she was wonderful looking

she then went on about how she's married and now a mom and how that's changed her perspectives on everything, working full time and doing the mom bit too. She then spoke of how she was watching an interview from S1 when she was saying how she's laughed every day of the show and that that still holds true to this day. Of course a clip of her doing her giggle-thing was included, and it made me very fuzzy inside

I have no idea if this is spoilers or not seeing as I’ve no idea about any spoilers, it could be Season 9 for all I remember of that year, but here’s the filming bits I saw:

Spoiler:
                                Sam, Vala Mitchell and Sg1 are all on some Earth looking type vessel, and Sam was saying that she radioed earth to tell them they were all coming home, then Mitchell commented something about “Well do they know we’ve officially declared war on the Lucien Alliance” and Sam said she included it on the broadcast.
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X