Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Psst mini, remember there are no fish in Jack's pond, so I am wondering where that salmon came from
    salmon is a 'code' word for something else.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Ow...

Ooo, Salmon Jack! I like that Salmon!

Ok, fine, I'll sign up for the d*mn fic-a-thon, twist my (admittedly rubber) arm. At least this way, my first foray into stargate fanfic will have some much needed direction - assuming they're daft enough to LET me write something. Which remains to be seen.
      I'm going to sign up too. But I have no idea what to put in the 'what will I write' and 'what won't I write' categories.

Comment

Well the law gives me the ability to make it happen sweetheart

And Sal... I was pretty sure FISH was the code word for somethin else

Only if your name is gen. Otherwise, I fear you're SOL, darlin'
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          Smarter than he looks! I accidently got him hooked to the show...whoops!
          I've done worse - my cat seems to like the show. Not Mitchell, though.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            I've done worse - my cat seems to like the show. Not Mitchell, though.

*Pets Regan's cat* Good cat. Have a kitty treat. No, have two. Heck, here's the whole box!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              salmon is a 'code' word for something else.

sally
              Hey I'm not getting all my memos
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Okay, I caved and started reading Rachel500's A POND WITH NO FISH as recommended - holy CRAP she's good. I don't think I've encountered team dialogue better than this before. And that includes canon. As good as. Better, in some cases. If only someone like *her* got into the writing team. Her Mitchell character is GREAT. I really *like* him. This is all so damned unfair...

Oh well, at least we have great fanfic authors to tide us over in the absence of....... whatever else we might've hoped for.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Her Mitchell character is GREAT. I really *like* him. This is all so damned unfair...

mg
                  I know. She writes Mitchell the way I wish the writers would. Oh, what could have been...

Comment

Okay, I caved and started reading Rachel500's A POND WITH NO FISH as recommended - holy CRAP she's good. I don't think I've encountered team dialogue better than this before. And that includes canon. As good as. Better, in some cases. If only someone like *her* got into the writing team. Her Mitchell character is GREAT. I really *like* him. This is all so damned unfair...

Oh well, at least we have great fanfic authors to tide us over in the absence of....... whatever else we might've hoped for.

mg
                    LINK, miniwoman!!!

Please.

Comment

Casting sides only tell a portion of the story that ahs to do with interaction with guest characters and cannot be used as any accurate way to judge someones screen time. And sometimes by the time the episode goes into production, those casting sides can be obsolete because scripts change, guest characters change etc... So, they are never truely 100% accurate. Now I haven't really followed Stargate's sides much because I try very hard to avoid spoilers... So this is about general sides.

My little 2 year old nephew loves to watch Stargate, and he always pays extra attention when Sam is on the screen. He's actually very cheeky because whenever a beautiful woman comes onto the screen, he pays very close attention. Last time I saw him, he was very much in love with Amanda Tapping and Jennifer Garner.

But he has taste, he does love Stargate.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        LINK, miniwoman!!!

Please.

Here *I'm no mini but... *
                        It's really good!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Hehe, I noticed the 'Stargate Novus' fic series got updated recently

Basically, its an AU where women are the dominant gender rather than men (actually, I think the idea for the fic came from the comment Amanda Tapping made about how she'd like to go to planet where women were exactly that). In addition, various character from other fandoms have been fused into the Stargate universe. General Kathryn Janeway is in command of the SGC. Colonel O'Neill is still in command of SG1 (succeeding in a womans world, in contrast to Sam succeeding in mans world ), Major Carter is second in command, Dr Lara Croft is the team's archeological/linguist expert and Xen'a is the former first prime to Apophis. There's a whole heap of other characters in the story too (Major Aeryn Sun, President Laura Roslin, Willow Rosenburg, Dr Kerry Weaver to name a few. There's a full 'cast list' at the link above).
                          OMG! It's got Servelan in it! Boing boing boing boing! I have got to read this...
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                            OMG! It's got Servelan in it! Boing boing boing boing! I have got to read this...
                            As in Blakes's 7?? It's on my list of fic to be read.

** RoX realises how old she is, seeing as she watched this when it was first released **
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                              I'm going to sign up too. But I have no idea what to put in the 'what will I write' and 'what won't I write' categories.
                              well, like - not that this applies in a gen fic - but rape, character death
                              or if you hate walter and will not write walter. if they happen to get a request witha fic from walter's pov, then you won't get that one

what you will write, well what do you like to write plot/plot device wise?

i would think it'd be better to concentrate on the squicks and leave the 'what i will write' open
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                                As in Blakes's 7?? It's on my list of fic to be read.

** RoX realises how old she is, seeing as she watched this when it was first released **
                                I assume it's that Servelan. I don't know any other Servelan.

Servelan was awesome, wasn't she. God I love Jaqueline Pierce. Until Stargate and Sam Carter, Servelan was my all-time favourite TV Scif-Fi character.

Gosh, why ever didn't I think of writing a SG-1/Blake's 7 crossover for Sam and Servelan?
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X