X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deejay435
    Yes, exactly what I was saying earlier!
    Spoiler:
    This can really be a story arc that Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c can really dig into. It has great potential, I think.

But, spoilers are a fickle mistress. If you go for the "Wow, this is great!" feeling they often let you down; if you go for the "God, that sucks!" feeling you're often so negatively predisposed to the episode that you can't enjoy it, even if it ends up better than expected.

Spoilers are quite evil, actually. I bet they plan on taking over the world, one day.
    one thing fokls need to remember about spoilers is don't get your hopes up.

i remember the spoilers for summit/last stand. daniel as a slave.

well, there are folks taht like to whump on daniel and this was just up thier alley. whumped daniel, presumably with jack riding to his rescue.

folks got all up about it. anticipation was high, fic were written, peopel were enthusing about it

than the show did not deliver the level of angst and whumpage that fans had built themselves up for and peopel were horribly disappointed
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

holy crud

i just noticed that my pm box now has a capacity of 200 messages.

when did that happen?????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        holy crud

i just noticed that my pm box now has a capacity of 200 messages.

when did that happen?????
        Everybody loves you Sky!!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
          Everybody loves you Sky!!!
          'cept me

But if you write another Apoca Sam-fic...

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
            Spoiler:
            I, too, am mostly optimistic about this latest spoiler. If it's real and authentic, then it could be some great stuff for Daniel and everyone else. Honestly, I'm just happy to see anything even remotely resembling a storyline for one of the original characters rear its (apparently ugly) head. The strategy that not doing anything with the original characters will allow Mitchell to "catch up" has been a woeful failure. Yes, I'd be especially tickled if spoilers came out for a "Carter episode" or a "Teal'c episode", but I don't begrudge Daniel a decent storyline. And seeing as how the writers bungled AT's absence in season nine, I'm just glad they're being a little more proactive with Michael Shank's absence this year; that's assuming that this development will be used to cover MS's time off.

Regarding the "big spoiler" aspect of all this The Shroud stuff--yeah, it is. And seeing as how these spoilers don't seem to have come from casting sides, I can't help but be cynical and think that it's all a bit of damage control. Recent spoilers have been met by fans with enmity and scorn. This stuff about Daniel is, at the very least, more creative than a high school reunion episode or car chases and motorcycle wheelies. I imagine it was let out to try and energize the fans and stop the bleeding, so to speak.
            Actually the spoilers from The Shroud do come from casting sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              'cept me

you know one of the critiques i got from those two fic??

'man, they're depressing'

sigpic

Comment

one thing fokls need to remember about spoilers is don't get your hopes up.

i remember the spoilers for summit/last stand. daniel as a slave.

well, there are folks taht like to whump on daniel and this was just up thier alley. whumped daniel, presumably with jack riding to his rescue.

folks got all up about it. anticipation was high, fic were written, peopel were enthusing about it

than the show did not deliver the level of angst and whumpage that fans had built themselves up for and peopel were horribly disappointed
                I wouldn't say don't get your hopes up.

I would just caution not to go too far in one direction or the other: positive or negative.

You can be disappointed because of how you imagine spoilers coming to pass. But, I think it's also important not to let yourself get too down from spoilers as well. I've seen spoilers in the past that had me hating an episode before it aired. And when it did, the spoilers had been misleading, and the episode was much better than I imagined. And I had spent months disliking an episode, and whining about it needlessly. Plus, sometimes I think people carry the pre-episode dislike onto the airing, and don't enjoy it as much as they would have unspoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  'cept me

Apoca Sam fic?

Comment

you know one of the critiques i got from those two fic??

'man, they're depressing'
                    Yeah, so is life some days, but some people love living anyway.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Actually the spoilers from The Shroud do come from casting sides.
                      Showfax sides? I checked those buggers yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Showfax sides? I checked those buggers yesterday!
                        So historically speaking, do the SG-1 casting sides usually always end up the same once the show airs? I know for a lot of other shows, those kinds of sides can end up completely different and/or end up being scenes that are not even in the show by the time it airs.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          I know Sky will probably smite me for my off topicness, but the bar is now open to celebrate the fact that I have FINISHED MY DEGREE!!!!! I find out in two weeks or so what my final result is, but for now, no work, no more exams, no assignments and no alcohol. Whoops. Scrap the last one. I may have been secretly supping tonight
                          Congratulations! I'm sure you will still provide us with periodic translations just for fun. Felicitations (?)

Comment

well, nya could be thanking sam for at least trying and speaking up???

i don't think she was raped. not only would the show not take that route but she so didn't act like it

i, however, don't see how she got out of it without some sort of repercussion. she was very subdued when nya talks to her, yet so happy when the boys were there.
                            For the purposes of the show and what they would be willing to deal with, I think she was subdued b/c she knew what could happen next--rape and/or death but nothing had happened yet. In terms of what "realistically" could have happened, I think she would have been given the beating intended for Nya's mother.

course, at the end of meta sam is super happy too and she just got her genes unscrambled, which makes no sense
                            yes, that's always bothered me too. Even techno-Sam would not be likely to want anything more to do with that machine at that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Congratulations! I'm sure you will still provide us with periodic translations just for fun. Felicitations (?)
                              Merci! And yes, I'll still be doing my languages in some form. I didn't choose the subject for fun
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                Merci! And yes, I'll still be doing my languages in some form. I didn't choose the subject for fun
                                I know its so we can have our wonderful conversations in French and German
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X