Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Thank you Mandy, L.A.Doyle and CG. I was about to call you CGI then, CG, oh dear. Must stop drinking those Hobbit and Sci Fi themed cocktails. They mess with your brain.
    No problem. HIC! comitas regit ...

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      Teal'c is already wallpaper and I am just praying Sam escapes somplace\anyplace before they complete her character assasination. Hmm, Atlantis for Carter is looking better and better every day. Heck thats even where Oneill will be (and I am not even a shipper)
      As long as Sam's character is given the opportunity to shine, I don't mind if it's on Atlantis or a new Sam-centered spin-off. I don't hold out much hope for SG-1.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Good evening, Samanda!

The Royal Reporter & Researcher is pleased to report to the Kingdom
        a significant article posting on Gateworld's homepage.

It is good news for all of us who want to read about
        our favorite female role model, Sam Carter, and her entourage!

Here's the link: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...omingtou.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
          The thing about the shroud that was the first thought out of my head was okay - MS is already out for 4 eps and now he will be sepaarted from the team AGAIN and for how many eps - is this TPRTS way of having a 4 person team? Seems to me they will do anything to keep the team apart . . . The second thing I thought was - wow this is a pretty big spoiler to let out of the bag like that so my thought is he is undercover or this is some big scam just to get something positive going on the threads since spoilers for msot of the other eps are being creamed with criticism.

Also, I was curious about the die-hard Daniel fans (since quite a few here seem to be liking this spoiler) and at "other forums" the Shroud is not going over well at all with the die-hards - they do not seem to hold a lot of good thoughts or feelings for this episode and where TPRTS will take it or Daniel.

I've been to those "other fourms" and read most of their posts. Not a whole lot of happy campers there.

Just glad it's not Sam.

ETA: Not that I wish it on Daniel/Teal'c.
          Last edited by LaCroix; 06 June 2006, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Ya know... I don't get dooming or hailing a show by virtue of spoilers... I think the inaction of the spoiler tends to be far more interesting then the spoiler itself.. whether for better or worse, it is still more interesting.

Personally I think that the storyline for the lastest spoiler could be interesting. It all depends on how it works out. And frankly, no one is ever 100% happy when a spoiler comes out... I don't think that is at all indicative on whether or not the storyline could prove to be interesting.

Spoiler:
            Although, I have to say having Danny go all prior could be great from character development and interaction. Imagine, poor Sam finding out that Daniel has turned darkside - and considering unlike being taken over by a host, being priorised up and until this date has been choice.

It has some excellent potential for all the characters to shine.

Add to that, sure it's a big spoiler that has been released, but the biggest one hasn't - and that's the one of why the hell that Daniel would do it. Personally, my bet is that this is going to lead into another season finale cliff hanger... Personally, it could be one of the best storylines ever if inacted well.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

i gotta say i'm surprised.

i mean, SOME of these folks backed and adored vala simply because more vala = more daniel

i can see something to dislike.
              Spoiler:
              to SOME, evil daniel is bad. no pun intended. in t heir view of daniel, he's always good. always right, always the hero/moral center

as such, having him go 'evil' would not follow that preference

i gotta wonder if it's something like what happaned to ford.

personally? i think it only made ford more interesting...although time will tell if he returns to the show full time or if he remains a recurring character

i'm both surprised and not surprised

it could be one hell of a plot twist...if they pull it off and don't settle into 'hit the reset switch and all is well by teh time the credits roll
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                Ya know... I don't get dooming or hailing a show by virtue of spoilers... I think the inaction of the spoiler tends to be far more interesting then the spoiler itself.. whether for better or worse, it is still more interesting.

Personally I think that the storyline for the lastest spoiler could be interesting. It all depends on how it works out. And frankly, no one is ever 100% happy when a spoiler comes out... I don't think that is at all indicative on whether or not the storyline could prove to be interesting.

Spoiler:
                Although, I have to say having Danny go all prior could be great from character development and interaction. Imagine, poor Sam finding out that Daniel has turned darkside - and considering unlike being taken over by a host, being priorised up and until this date has been choice.

Add to that, sure it's a big spoiler that has been released, but the biggest one hasn't - and that's the one of why the hell that Daniel would do it. Personally, my bet is that this is going to lead into another season finale cliff hanger... Personally, it could be one of the best storylines ever if inacted well.
                Spoiler:
                I agree it will be a great opportunity for certain characters to shine. Imagine poor Sam and Teal'c dealing with it! But it seems like some people want Daniel to stay a prior. I can't wrap my brain around that! If I knew for sure it was only temporary, I could definitely get into the storyline...but for now...

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  Spoiler:
                  I agree it will be a great opportunity for certain characters to shine. Imagine poor Sam and Teal'c dealing with it! But it seems like some people want Daniel to stay a prior. I can't wrap my brain around that! If I knew for sure it was only temporary, I could definitely get into the storyline...but for now...
                  Ohh I agree so much...

Spoiler:
                  It can't be something that lasts forever... but even when he is de-priorised, there still is so much that has to be dealt with...

I ahve to say, I don't go for the positive on spoilers often. But this time, I think it has some fantastic potential for everyone involved.
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    i gotta say i'm surprised.

i mean, SOME of these folks backed and adored vala simply because more vala = more daniel

i can see something to dislike.
                    Spoiler:
                    to SOME, evil daniel is bad. no pun intended. in t heir view of daniel, he's always good. always right, always the hero/moral center

as such, having him go 'evil' would not follow that preference

i gotta wonder if it's something like what happaned to ford.

personally? i think it only made ford more interesting...although time will tell if he returns to the show full time or if he remains a recurring character

i'm both surprised and not surprised

it could be one hell of a plot twist...if they pull it off and don't settle into 'hit the reset switch and all is well by teh time the credits roll

Spoiler:
                    The thing is, Daniel has always been so willing to do the right thing, that if he was presented with a reason to do this for what he sees are the 'right reasons', he'd jump at the chance.

Daniel's moral compas has never been perfect, and he is sometimes easily swayed, 'specially when it comes to saving people. And this is why I don;t get why some Daniel fans are against this. This can only be good development for his character, would obviously give him an interesting storyline. It's just meaty for MS and character (not the meantion for everyone else).

I think the problem is we think that these guys have to be heroes all the time (which is why some have problems with Vala), but they don't - they are human and following ones morality wherever it may lead is a very human thing to do.

Comment

Ohh I agree so much...

Spoiler:
                      It can't be something that lasts forever... but even when he is de-priorised, there still is so much that has to be dealt with...

I ahve to say, I don't go for the positive on spoilers often. But this time, I think it has some fantastic potential for everyone involved.
                      Yes, exactly what I was saying earlier!
                      Spoiler:
                      This can really be a story arc that Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c can really dig into. It has great potential, I think.

But, spoilers are a fickle mistress. If you go for the "Wow, this is great!" feeling they often let you down; if you go for the "God, that sucks!" feeling you're often so negatively predisposed to the episode that you can't enjoy it, even if it ends up better than expected.

Spoilers are quite evil, actually. I bet they plan on taking over the world, one day.

Comment

Not that I don't love Daniel to pieces*Hugs Danny*, but I feel like talking about Sam from the early seasons. I just got season 3 for my birthday, and I have to say there are so many good eps in that season. I'm thinking about watching Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know, simply because AT does such amazing acting in that two parter.

Also, when I watch Learning Curve, I think that Sam's daughter would turn out something like Merrin. A little rocket scientist, just like mom!

Not that AT isn't pretty all the time, but in S3, she looks exceptionally beautiful, IMHO. *wishes she was as gorgeous as AT*

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                          Yes, empathetic suffering would hurt Sam more, I believe.
                          Along the same lines, I always wondered why the evil bad-guys in earlier seasons didn't smack the rest of SG-1 around when Jack mouthed off. Cuz smacking Jack around did nothing for his smart-mouth taunts. *But*, I think Jack would have shut right up if they'd knocked Sam or Daniel around as punishment for his comments. Of course, shutting Jack up isn't what the writers were after... so...

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                            Yes, exactly what I was saying earlier!
                            Spoiler:
                            This can really be a story arc that Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c can really dig into. It has great potential, I think.

But, spoilers are a fickle mistress. If you go for the "Wow, this is great!" feeling they often let you down; if you go for the "God, that sucks!" feeling you're often so negatively predisposed to the episode that you can't enjoy it, even if it ends up better than expected.

Spoilers are quite evil, actually. I bet they plan on taking over the world, one day.
                            Ah Deejay, I thought you were going to stay away from spoilers? I seem to remember a certain chant
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              spoilers for s10's ep, 'the shroud'

Spoiler:
                              i'm sure anyone that's read the spoilers for 'the shroud', knows that something horrible 'might' have happened to daniel... i say might, because the teaser spoiler might have been misleading and daniel might be undercover (hope not; i'm yearning for some REAL drama to happen on this show). anyhoo, i have a slight whine i want to share with you guys, concerning this scenario...

here michael wanted to spend some time with his family (wife gave birth to their newest child not long ago). so, ms asks for some time off, which becomes 4 eps he's going to miss in s10.

amanda was on maternity leave at the beginning of s9, which become 5 eps she missed.

ms -as it seems- was given a HUGE storyline to cover his time off.

amanda was given the storyline that she was helping cassie and working at area 51. and when she came back, it was with the big tadoo of a 'wee *yawn* we're glad you're back *yawn again*'.

why couldn't the writers have given sam a huge storyline too?

i've wondered if the writers wondered when amanda would actually be back. would five weeks of maternity leave be enough for her? and when she came back, would she be in the condition to handle those long hours again? so i'm wondering if sam's ho-hum return and time on screen was actually the writers giving 'amanda' the time she needed to recuperate from childbirth and handle a new baby?... i hope that's it, and not because sam carter was fazed out of the new and improved fargate.

this entire post (this part at least) is basically me whining about the spoilers for 'the shroud'. while -as a fan- i'm intrigued on what they're going to do to daniel (and i'm hoping it's dark and not whitewashed), and also a bit jealous that sam hasn't been given something this meaty too.
                              You are not alone, Sally. I must admit that I was thinking the exact same thoughts earlier today
                              Spoiler:
                              in terms of comparing Carter's absolutely BORING storyline for AT's absence (and don't get me started on the possibility that she spent the time working on a freakin' bomb! That is *so* not what I see as Carter's aspirations for her future!) to Daniel's leaving the show at the end of Season 5, his return, or his missing episodes in Season 10 - all of which sound scifi and exceptionally cool - and they do nothing but broaden and deepen his character.

What did Carter get? Off at Area 51. Blech!

So... I was musing (see I really was thinking about this earlier today) and what if there was a really cool Stargate SG-1 writer who realized the opportunity to make something of this? Something along the lines of a new, upcoming episode where information comes out that Carter really *wasn't* at Area 51 (at least not all of the time that she was gone from the SGC)... No... it turns out that she was

-off on some special, undercover mission. It was risky, very dangerous... off world - they used Orlin's stargate, or she initially left with the Asgard...and she was severely injured during the various escapades... but then Thor came around and was able to cure/repair things...

Or something equally mysterious, dangerous and heroic. They could easily invent something and then tie it into a new story that relates back to Carter's adventures before returning to Mitchell's SG-ME.

Originally posted by majorsal
                              BUT, amanda seemed to be really jazzed for things in s10, so...
                              k, i'm going to give you my wish for s10 and the future. i don't think i need spoilers, but i'm going to put them in anyways.

spoilers for s10

Spoiler:
                              here's what i want, as a sam fan and s/j shipper.

i want the second half of s10 to go in a certain direction. first, i want to either have it show that sam and jack are already married, or that they're going in that direction. second, i want things to start going in a direction that it's becoming apparent that the spinoff is going to be sam focused. and i want it that sam is given command of a starship (with a stargate 'on' it). if s10 is the same as s9 -mitchell, vala, daniel/vala- i think i want sam as far from this show as humanly possible.

so s10 ends with us knowing that sam and jack are together, and that sam's transferring off of sg1 to command her own ship. the new show - Stargate: Phoenix - will center around sam commanding, with her supporting cast a cast of newbies. the basis of the story is the Phoenix travels to other galaxies, but also can stay in our galaxy because of its own stargate on board. LOTS of potential for action/mission storylines, while still keeping the interpersonal relationships aspect of the show. you know, like stargate sg1 used to be like.

why am i talking so much?

okay, typing.

thoughts? feelings? itches?

sally
                              I love your ideas for Carter!

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                I, too, am mostly optimistic about this latest spoiler. If it's real and authentic, then it could be some great stuff for Daniel and everyone else. Honestly, I'm just happy to see anything even remotely resembling a storyline for one of the original characters rear its (apparently ugly) head. The strategy that not doing anything with the original characters will allow Mitchell to "catch up" has been a woeful failure. Yes, I'd be especially tickled if spoilers came out for a "Carter episode" or a "Teal'c episode", but I don't begrudge Daniel a decent storyline. And seeing as how the writers bungled AT's absence in season nine, I'm just glad they're being a little more proactive with Michael Shank's absence this year; that's assuming that this development will be used to cover MS's time off.

Regarding the "big spoiler" aspect of all this The Shroud stuff--yeah, it is. And seeing as how these spoilers don't seem to have come from casting sides, I can't help but be cynical and think that it's all a bit of damage control. Recent spoilers have been met by fans with enmity and scorn. This stuff about Daniel is, at the very least, more creative than a high school reunion episode or car chases and motorcycle wheelies. I imagine it was let out to try and energize the fans and stop the bleeding, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X