Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Just wondering, Mandy, have you been donating the bucket's original contents to TPTB? Because if I didn't know better, there's a distinct whiff surrounding the spoilers recently!
    Come to think of it, they were missing for a while, I thought the Royal Gardener borrowed them...but now that you mention it...
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      i think that sam (if written true to character) would recognise that he's just not ready for sg1 yet, nevermind leading them, but i also think that she would want to give him as much of a chance as possible, and would rather not have him taken off the team, just told to listen to those who know better and to spend time in a probationary position in which he is being trained for the position.

sam isn't really the type to say, 'yeah this isn't working out, you aren't ready for this and you shouldn't be here'. she tends to see the best in people, and to see their potential rather than seeing what they're doing wrong. think, hailey, elliot, grogan and felger, for example.
      I also think that Sam would find it incredibly uncomfortable to go to Landry about any misgivings she has about Mitchell as a leader. Landry gave him the job and it would be awkward for her to say anything because she doesn't want it to seem as if she's questioning his command decisions.

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      she's just too nice! hopefully daniel would just go up to landry and go, 'hey, boss! this guy keeps screwing up cos he's lookin' for an adventure. either get rid of him or make him listen to us. and why the hell isn't sam in charge!?!'
      I'm surprised (in terms of his character as established prior to Season Nine) that Daniel has not spoken to Landry about it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

FYI in case anyone has not seenthis (there is a thread in News):

The entire ORIGINAL SG1 Cast and Staff were presented with the Golden Stargate Award:

http://www.rdanderson.com/updates/goldgate.htm

(Please follow the link for the complete RDA text and photo.)

Presented to Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery, and several key production staff personnel including Brad Wright and Robert Cooper.

Good for the ORIGINAL cast and for Legends for recoginizing who got the show where it was for 8 years. I leave out S9 because I will not saddle ANY of the ORIGINAL CAST (RDA,AT,MS,CJ,TR and DSD) with credit for THAT mess, that would be a disservice to the ORIGINAL, unique, intelligent characters that were the one and only SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

The entire ORIGINAL SG1 Cast and Staff were presented with the Golden Stargate Award:

Presented to Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery, and several key production staff personnel including Brad Wright and Robert Cooper.

Good for the ORIGINAL cast and for Legends for recoginizing who got the show where it was for 8 years. I leave out S9 because I will not saddle ANY of the ORIGINAL CAST (RDA,AT,MS,CJ,TR and DSD) with credit for THAT mess, that would be a disservice to the ORIGINAL, unique, intelligent characters that were the one and only SG1.
          It's nice to see the people who made the show great being recognized.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            You asked so here they are

Brought to you by your RFA
            Thanks Mandy!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              It's nice to see the people who made the show great being recognized.
              It's only normal! They built Stargate, shaped it, made it what it became.
              I'm very glad for them indeed

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                I prefer to take "Jack's remarks" literally rather than tongue-in-cheek (regarding Cam, not BB personally). Just sent this on to Coley. It's a clever little way of presenting an award.

But my worst fears have been confirmed. The new king has been duly crowned, thus promoting and affirming all the propaganda and plot devices of S9.

I see very little hope left for Sam Carter in S10.
                Oh, I don't know about that. The Spaceys aren't exactly real awards. Any awards that are given based on votes on the internet...well. Not exactly accurate, are they?

And even so-he only got 27% of the votes. Not exactly a resounding endorsment.

I'm up to Chapter 11 and want to complete the fic before posting. Last time, I posted Head Trip as a WIP and it left too many people hanging from chapter to chapter.

Soon, I hope. Soon! Thanks for the interest. It is Sam and Jack though so I hope you are open to that.

As my daughter's bumper sticker says, "Writing well is the best revenge." hehehehe
                I hear you about the curse of the WIP. I just finished one today-I'd had the entire thing outlined, and the first few chapters written when I began to post it. Then I hit a wall. Grrrrr! On the final chapter.

However, I'm done now, and can't wait to read yours.

Also-I have a couple of SG1 plotbunnies trying take root in my brain. One is based on ROX' signatures. The other?

Well, I kind of forgot, dangit!

Hey skydiver! Do you remember that plot bunny you gave me last week?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  Ok.....this is OT, but I found it while I was checking out some threads on the forum tonight:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgKyU...earch=stargate

Even though Sam/AT isn't featured in this clip, I thought Samanda would want to see it. It's.....different! That's all I'm sayin'.
                  I got a file error here. Last couple of times someone has posted a Youtube link I've gotten the same thing. Are the addresses being truncated or something?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    I think RDA and Michael Greenburg often served as the checks and balances against the more far out ideas. I read somewhere that in S8, RDA said something to the effect of "ok, enough with Siler and the big wrench" for example. Some really good episodes (IMHO) were written by RCC. Maybe he should have stuck to writing. JM & PM were apparently more experienced in writing comedy than drama when they were hired. Maybe after becoming producers they were able to push the 'comedy' episodes.
                    I also noticed that Wm. Gereghty (sp) didn't direct this year. He had worked with RDA for many years. Was this b/c Mr. G wasn't interested in the new direction or that he is too serious a director for the new "fun! gang"? AT called him a "gentleman" and he was pretty skilled with the camera. His interest (based on what we heard in commentaries) was to "tell the story."
                    You know I think part of the issue lies in the fact that the producers/writers of SG-1 just have way too many hats anymore.

I was reading an except from the S3-4 Stargate Illustrated Companion today and in it Jonathan Glassner made a comment.

He said ...
                    "Another man who continues to guide Stargate SG-1 towards a fifth and sixth season is Michael Greenburg. Part of the team whose task is to assume overall responsibility for everything pertaining to the show, Green burg is the man who is there all day, every day as 'on set' producer: All the executive producers wear several hats, for instance Rick also acts and edits, Brad and Robert handle the scripts, and I oversee the actual production in terms of taking care of the day-to-day issues that occur at any given moment during the shoot." Brushing aside any suggestion that it has to be one of the most arduous jobs going, the softly-spoken Greenburg smiles, "Not at all. We have an incredibly flexible and collaborative group of people pulling together. Consequently it's not hard at all." As Stargate SG-1 breezes towards its fifth year, Greenburg is as enthusiastic about the show as he was on day one: We still got lots of surprises to come. My advice is to expect the unexpected and you won't be disappointed."

In season five we had Brad Wright, Michael Greenburgh, RDA, Robert Cooper and John Smith as Executive Producers. They all had multiple jobs and they seemed to be able to handle the job pretty well, but then in Season 8 they suddenly added another show to the mix. So instead of working on twenty episodes a year they were now working on forty and then in season 9 they lost two of their executive producers. Now granted they added Mallozzi and Mullie to their EP list, but Wright and Cooper were now dealing with being the show runners on two different shows as well as writing a good deal of the episodes. I'm sure they all had to now deal with more editing issues as well as writing and we lost Greenburgh who was the EP who sat on stage all day to make sure things ran smoothly. Now in season nine and ten, Cooper has decided to take on another hat of director. I just think these men are wearing way too many hats anymore and both shows are suffering because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                      I got a file error here. Last couple of times someone has posted a Youtube link I've gotten the same thing. Are the addresses being truncated or something?
                      you are not the only one, I thought it was my computer.
                      I get this: The video you have requested is not available.If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

I met Paul and his staff at Gabit last November. He's a real gentleman. Legends was the official seller of all Stargate merchandise at Amanda's event. He also donated some Stargate memorabilia for the charity auction.

Like you, I'm glad that he honored the veterans who have made the show into such a valued franchise. Thanks for sharing this news.

Comment

Oh, I don't know about that. The Spaceys aren't exactly real awards. Any awards that are given based on votes on the internet...well. Not exactly accurate, are they?

Well Deejay seeing that the station that gives out the Spaceys also thinks that movies like "Flesh Gordon" are actual scifi movies

Isn't Canada wonderful that they can put movies like that on a regular cable station
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I hear you about the curse of the WIP. I just finished one today-I'd had the entire thing outlined, and the first few chapters written when I began to post it. Then I hit a wall. Grrrrr! On the final chapter.

However, I'm done now, and can't wait to read yours.
                            Well, the Spacey news relieves my mind a bit. I wasn't sure just what kind of award it was. Who else was in the running? 27% isn't such an impressive margin and from what you write, maybe the award itself isn't such a big thing.

Did any of the newbies win a Leo this year?!

What's the name of your newest fic? And where can we find it?! Look forward to reading yours as well!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Well, the Spacey news relieves my mind a bit. I wasn't sure just what kind of award it was. Who else was in the running? 27% isn't such an impressive margin and from what you write, maybe the award itself isn't such a big thing.

Did any of the newbies win a Leo this year?!

What's the name of your newest fic? And where can we find it?! Look forward to reading yours as well!
                              Glad to have eased your mind a bit. SG1 won nothing in the Leo awards, nor in the Saturns this year.

My fic, up to this point, has all been CSI. If you're interested the link is in my sig. I still have to post my final chapter, it's with my beta now. The good thing about my beta? She's also a big SG1 fan, so she can do those stories too, if I ever catch that plotbunny!

Originally posted by mandysg1
                              Well Deejay seeing that the station that gives out the Spaceys also thinks that movies like "Flesh Gordon" are actual scifi movies

Isn't Canada wonderful that they can put movies like that on a regular cable station
                              Flesh Gordon? I am SO not going to ask. Bet it's a movie requiring buckets of brain bleach after viewing!

Comment

Glad to have eased your mind a bit. SG1 won nothing in the Leo awards, nor in the Saturns this year.

My fic, up to this point, has all been CSI. If you're interested the link is in my sig. I still have to post my final chapter, it's with my beta now. The good thing about my beta? She's also a big SG1 fan, so she can do those stories too, if I ever catch that plotbunny!

Flesh Gordon? I am SO not going to ask. Bet it's a movie requiring buckets of brain bleach after viewing!
                                What ever you're thinking it is, you're probably right

come to think of it, maybe that's what the B@B are watching and getting their inspiration from, it certainly explains Vala
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X