Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    so...since we've all been having fun lamenting any perceived lack of sam in s9 and the potential in s10...what has been y our favorite sam bit from s1-9?

the one moment that, when you think of sam carter, you think of her?
    Well I know when I see donuts I think of Sam
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Well I know when I see donuts I think of Sam
      i think of teal'c too

i wonder...who got him started on his love of the holey pastery???
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

so...since we've all been having fun lamenting any perceived lack of sam in s9 and the potential in s10...what has been y our favorite sam bit from s1-9?

Well I have a few of those moment:
        *the first episode(COTG): when she enters and says who she is, ok that isn't who she is in the rest of the seasons but still... how she walks in with that confidence of her... She got the looks
        *exodus: just the smart samantha. Making a plan for blowing up a son... Holly Hannah. And it works.
        *Heroes: when you see her first fighting and when she knows Janet is dead you can see the pain and the greave (don't know how to write this word, sorry) she has for loosing her best friend. But you also sees how much she cares of Teal'c, Daniel and O'neill.

Comment

It tend to change a lot, depending on my mood (or the episode I last watched)

Sam seeing an open wormhole for the first time.
          Sam's smile when Moughal told her that the Shavadai women would be unveiled because of her.
          Sam going back to the bunker rather than leaving Cassie alone.
          Sam looking up at Earth after she, Jack, Teal'c and Bra'tac escaped Apophis' ship.
          Sam explaining wormhole physics with an apple.
          Sam working with Merrin on the naquadah reactor.
          Sam's face when her promotions to Major and Lieutenant Colonel were announced.

...and many, many more.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Actually this was an actual combat situation a firefight between both sides and she wasn't the only woman fighting at the time.
            I knew that's what you meant. I just meant that you can be under fire even when you're technically not in a combat job.

On Season 10. That quote above the season 10 promo photo (link given in an above post)?
            Spoiler:
            Something like "I've always thought of STargate as a comedy" from Brad Wright? was he serious? Brad--are you letting us down?

jckfan's heard muttering to herself: "Season 9 & 10 are just figments of Felger's imagination...It's not real...breathe..."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              jckfan's heard muttering to herself: "Season 9 & 10 are just figments of Felger's imagination...It's not real...breathe..."
              Remind me to write that on my bucket.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                I knew that's what you meant. I just meant that you can be under fire even when you're technically not in a combat job.

On Season 10. That quote above the season 10 promo photo (link given in an above post)?
                Spoiler:
                Something like "I've always thought of STargate as a comedy" from Brad Wright? was he serious? Brad--are you letting us down?

Let's just pray that he's getting muddled with the French comedie which can also mean a drama!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

sam grabbing the rocket launcher thingie and blowing up the jaffa
                  her kicking jaffa tushie and knocking k'tano downa peg
                  her whacking hammy over the head when she saved the day in hathor
                  her 'i don't knwo nothing bout birthin no babies' in brief candle
                  her fighting until the bitter end in DM
                  her having fun taking on a mother ship
                  her disobeying jack's orders to save him and thor
                  her poking daniel
                  her 'indeed' to teal'c in SR
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

--Standing her ground with General Hammond about going back for O'Neill in Fifth man and then breaking into the computers.
                    --Biting Jack on the hand in (ep title?)
                    --Throwing the hand grenade in "Bloodlines."
                    --"when do we leave?" in 2001

Comment

I just wanted to say you've all made good points in your discussion about S9/Mitchell. I absolutely agree. My best friend and I were talking about it today, and we both agreed that there needs to be a female in TPTB. That would solve a lot a problems, don't you think?

And thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        What I'd like to know is if they would ever do anything about it if it was pointed out to them.
                        It's a dangerous, irresponsible message to be sending out.
                        {snipage}
                        They made a conscious choice to demote Sam and to replace her with an inexperienced male hewo and they should be ashamed of themselves.
                        personally i think, no way. they would not do anything about it if it was pointed out to them by women that what they have done is percieved as sexism. in past seasons of the show i would have hoped that they would, but in past seasons of the show i would have hoped that this type of thing wouldn't happen.

i think the answer would essentially be; *arrogant laugh* oh its not sexism, its just making the show more fun. silly women and their silly issues. it wouldn't be the first time we'd had an attitude like this from one of TPTB.

i don't think the fact that they have disrespected amanda has entered their heads. sam has never been put in a clear command position over any male military character in the field. introducing a male character onto sg1 and having sam be his commanding officer? nah, makes far more sense for the guy to be the CO. thats just how its always been. sam's a girl!

however, i'm sure some other samandans can come up with another reasonable explaination for the decision that doesn't include the word "she" or "her". i'm sure its possible to explain the choice logically without incorporating gender into the mix.

don't all speak at once now!

Comment

I made a new Sam gif...it's in my sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            very cool. has anyone made a sig of one of the characters getting shot then holding up one of those signs that says "ouch!" before they fall over? wile e. coyote style.

Comment

Nice sig... I really like it... greened you for it

Comment

This is perfect, Kat!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X