Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        shocked voice

say it ain't so??????
        And the Oscar goes to...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          good point

sam may very well have logged her airtime not in a fighter jet but an awacs, radar plane

i THINK they flew in combat air space - just above it - so that the hours would count. and i also think that, since the plane isn't technically fighting, females were allowed to be on awacs

i've always attributed sam's f-16 comment - based on the fact that pilots always wear their wings - to her having been in the backseat of a jet on a ride, not necessariy flying it
          Me too. The AWACs seems to suit more what we know about her skills--ex) running a UAV, missile tech etc. Not actually being the one flying the plane in enemy air space doesn't mean she wasn't in danger. All this is not to say I didn't love seeing her fly the 302(?) herself in Covenant.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Well, how would she have been in that F-16 if she wasn't a pilot or co-pilot?

She tied herself to the canopy and held on for dear life.

I tell ya...some people will go to crazy lengths to satisfy their adrenaline junky needs.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Me too. The AWACs seems to suit more what we know about her skills--ex) running a UAV, missile tech etc. Not actually being the one flying the plane in enemy air space doesn't mean she wasn't in danger. All this is not to say I didn't love seeing her fly the 302(?) herself in Covenant.
              Actually I thought it was fairly clear that she had flown first or second seat in the Gulf War. Also, I began to wonder what else she's flown because when Colson said...

COLSON: Amazing! She maneuvers like an FA-22 and feels like a 747!

...Sam was nodding...which made me wonder if she had flown an FA-22 and could readily concur.

Also, there's the fact that we've seen her in the F302 in both positions and I highly doubt they'd allow someone who didn't know how to fly take one up for a spin.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

So does anyone have that screen cap from Entity where it shows Sam's DOB?

Comment

Yeah, the inconsistencies are a problem. She had to have pilot training at some point or they wouldn't let her fly the 302 would they? Maybe they hadn't totally decided her background. They didn't know they were going to have hyper observant fans either I bet.
                  I also noticed tons of "fruit salad" on lower ranked characters in the early episodes. I think one of the Marines in Broca divide was only a captain or Lt. and had as much as Jack.

Comment

Yeah, the inconsistencies are a problem. She had to have pilot training at some point or they wouldn't let her fly the 302 would they? Maybe they hadn't totally decided her background. They didn't know they were going to have hyper observant fans either I bet.
                    I also noticed tons of "fruit salad" on lower ranked characters in the early episodes. I think one of the Marines in Broca divide was only a captain or Lt. and had as much as Jack.
                    More than likely. LOL

But you know they found out how hyperobservant we are fairly quickly and used to brag about their attention to detail.

I haven't heard them make that claim much recently.

They don't seem to care much for their own rules anymore either...like the time it takes to go from one gate to another. Remember that tracking device that timed the traveler from the movie to the beginning of the series? Or what about Red Sky with Sam making calculations as to when to manually turn off the gate? It was several seconds after the object entered the event horizon. And yet Ripple Effect said the transportation from one gate to another was instantaneous...and several other episodes have the gate cutting off as soon as someone passes through the EH.

Comment

Some pictures since we were discussing planes Sam may have flown:

FA22 Raptor

AWACS

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        So does anyone have that screen cap from Entity where it shows Sam's DOB?
                        I'd still like this screen cap if anyone has it and can post it for me...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          More than likely. LOL

But you know they found out how hyperobservant we are fairly quickly and used to brag about their attention to detail.

I haven't heard them make that claim much recently.

They don't seem to care much for their own rules anymore either...like the time it takes to go from one gate to another. Remember that tracking device that timed the traveler from the movie to the beginning of the series? Or what about Red Sky with Sam making calculations as to when to manually turn off the gate? It was several seconds after the object entered the event horizon. And yet Ripple Effect said the transportation from one gate to another was instantaneous...and several other episodes have the gate cutting off as soon as someone passes through the EH.
                          Yeah, I think you're demolecularized instantly, but it takes a couple of seconds to reach your destination. It probably *feels* instantaneous though.
                          I've noticed the gate stays on or not randomly. And a hit from a zat may or may not knock you out depending on the needs of the script.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            You mean Felger's VR creation?
                            *slaps forehead*

Oh that guy. I didn't realize he had a name.
                            sigpic

Comment

"Negative base. No signal from the AF advisor detected."

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                But... but...

In order to accomplish this:

KAWALSKI: I think what the Colonel is saying is, have you ever pulled out of a simulated bombing run in an F-16 at 8-plus G's?

CARTER: Yes.

She'd have to have been pilot or co-pilot in that F-16. Right? Even if the bombing run itself was simulated, the flight was real. They do those runs in real planes for pilot exercise. So she was "in an F-16" ... I thought (at the time) the inference was clearly that she'd been a pilot.
                                Great observation, mini! Do you think that the Sam fans here are the only ones paying attention to details any more?

Comment

Working...
                                X