Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    that's their problem: too many inferences.
    I just want to know if the "Entity" date could be valid. If it is, we can celebrate Sam's birthday in December.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

that's their problem: too many inferences.
      Well, how would she have been in that F-16 if she wasn't a pilot or co-pilot?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        I just want to know if the "Entity" date could be valid. If it is, we can celebrate Sam's birthday in December.
        I don't think we should. Frankly, I think we should take Kat's research and make our own date for Sam's birthday. One based on logic as opposed to what might be someone's continuity error on-screen. Lord knows we care more about it than TPTB ever would, and we'd probably make a better guestimate, too.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=41060
          Wonderfull post ForeverSg1 , you did a great job streamlining Sam's timeline
          Have you tought about posting it in the Who should lead SG1? thread ? It ilustrates the argument that Sam should lead to perfection
          And I'm sorry I can't green you

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            I don't think we should. Frankly, I think we should take Kat's research and make our own date for Sam's birthday. One based on logic as opposed to what might be someone's continuity error on-screen. Lord knows we care more about it than TPTB ever would, and we'd probably make a better guestimate, too.
            May 29th 1968? It would make Sam a Gemini, which would be appropriate, given that Amanda Tapping is a twin.

Some of the character traits don't fit, though, but this part sounds like Sam

The Geminis Interact with the environment, investigate, learn, know and exchange ideas. The intellect dominates Gemini, and all things intellectual are valued greatly by them. As communication is also of importance to Geminis, knowledge is never a thing to be hoarded. Rarely is a Gemini more entertained than in the midst of exchanging ideas with others of an intellectual nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              IIRC, they never said that she was a PILOT, just that she logged time in enemy air space.

thus she coudl have been on a plane, just not flying it.
              Other people have responded to this, but there's another thing to consider: There are other jobs aboard a plane aside from pilot.

These are the regular officer's aeronautical badges (all required wear):
              • Astronaut Badge
              • Pilot Badge
              • Navigator Badge
              • Air Battle Manager Badge
              • Officer Aircrew Badge

So, even if Carter were providing support, she'd have some sort of badge to show that.

Bottom line (IMNSHO): Production screw-up.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

Comment

I guess, to me, the whole situation is moot. Because, based on past mistakes and Kat's research, TPTB have upheld a trend of maintaining quasi-AF-related continuity.

There are times when they miss it, and it could simply be a mistake - like you said, with someone accidentally putting in "12" instead of "5." Or, perhaps, they deliberately omit something because it will fall into a logical place later on. Or maybe they deliberately "miss" something so that the details will fit into whatever Plot Device of the Week they're currently attempting to hatch. Maybe they're hoping we'll never notice.

Whatever the case may be, they're inconsistent with what they show (weren't Cameron's thingers in clear view during his flashback to the events in TLC, showing that he was an LC first?) and what they don't show.

It's troublesome and annoying, but I'm beginning to wonder if there's any rhyme or reason to their inconsistencies. And if there wasn't a reason behind their ommissions before, I wouldn't be surprised if they found some in the future.

Comment

Sam needs all the healing votes she can get at this point.
                    Yeah, she's lost more than 50 points in the last two days.

Wouldn't she have to certify via flight school before she could pilot any sort of plane? The implication was that Sam was actually a pilot herself, and she's been co-pilot with Jack before, too, in an X-30x, so I'm pretty sure she'd have to have her full wings for that.
                    I agree.

I never got the sense, from the 'showdown' with the boys in COTG that Sam meant anything other than that she was flying. The confidence with which she told Jack that she logged those hours, plus the nonchalance in her tone when talking to Kowalski really made it seem to me that she was definately talking about flying. Not riding.

Whether she wore her wings or not. I just don't trust the prop department to have gotten much right as far as their medals and pins go.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                      Yeah, she's lost more than 50 points in the last two days.
                      Janet's the only one who's gained. The rules mean that one voter can take fifteen points a day off one character but they can only give eight points a day to the same character and Sam's getting hurt more than healed.

We need more voters to correct the imbalance.

I've already voted thrice and healed Sam twice, so I can't do anything else until tomorrow.
                      Last edited by ReganX; 02 June 2006, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Janet's the only one who's gained. The rules mean that one voter can take fifteen points a day off one character but they can only give eight points a day to the same character and Sam's getting hurt more than healed.

We need more voters to correct the imbalance.
                        Sam's been in the lead so long by such a large margin that I'm not worried.

What I am worried about is how Janet's gaining on Jack, which means that it's gonna take us another 11 days to eliminate someone.

I'll still heal Sam when I get the chance, but I'm not worried about her - especially considering most of the uber-Janet fans tend to like Sam as well.

Comment

Sam's been in the lead so long by such a large margin that I'm not worried.

What I am worried about is how Janet's gaining on Jack, which means that it's gonna take us another 11 days to eliminate someone.

I'll still heal Sam when I get the chance, but I'm not worried about her - especially considering most of the uber-Janet fans tend to like Sam as well.
                          Actually, Sam needs to retain and increase the lead she has now if she's to win. She has led the game for so long that she could be seen as the biggest threat and will be hurt on both sides. She's the tallest poppy.

Jack lost a hundred points over a day or two at one point. It could happen to Sam.

Comment

Actually, Sam needs to retain and increase the lead she has now if she's to win. She has led the game for so long that she could be seen as the biggest threat and will be hurt on both sides. She's the tallest poppy.

Jack lost a hundred points over a day or two at one point. It could happen to Sam.
                            True. Right now I'm concentrating all my efforts on eliminating Janet (what little efforts I've put forth anyway ). This diminutive doctor caused Daniel's and Teal'c's demise, but there is NO way in hades that she should be bumped from third to second place.

:shakes head:

Unacceptable.

Comment

True. Right now I'm concentrating all my efforts on eliminating Janet (what little efforts I've put forth anyway ). This diminutive doctor caused Daniel's and Teal'c's demise, but there is NO way in hades that she should be bumped from third to second place.

:shakes head:

Unacceptable.
                              MAybe I need to change my strategy. My goal was for Sam and Jack to be the final two and Sam the final one, but Janet could outlast him at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

shocked voice

say it ain't so??????
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X