Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    doing the math...she flew in the gulf. so she had to be early 20's to be out of the academy and flying.

91 was 15 years ago. 20 + 15 = 35

now i put sam more in the 37-38 bracket simply because of her achievements

doesn't entity have her born in 68? which would put her high 30's
    Based on the 'Entity' date of birth, she would have entered the Academy in 1986 and graduated in 1990, which allows her to have flown in the Gulf War. She would have started work on the stargate around 1994, which leaves three years unaccounted for.

"Children of the Gods" took place in February 1997, making Sam twenty-eight. She should turn thirty eight at some point during the second half of Season Ten.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Having said that...

I noticed (because I've been drawing her recently) that Amanda's facial features have changed a fair bit in the last four years. She's still stunningly gorgeous, of course. But the last sketch I did of her used features from a photo taken about four years ago, and this sketch I've been using photos from season nine promos. I took down that last sketch I posted because I'm still not happy with her face and want to try something else, maybe rework it completely (not sure yet). But it's interesting (for me), because I wouldn't have really noticed it all that much if I hadn't been drawing it!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Ok you people post way too much... I think I read everything... well I hope I did,so...

I have some questions maybe can someone give me an answer, so I can really follow everything here... cause it is really anoying if you are clueless about some things, so here goes

What is Samanda (maybe a stupid question but I have to ask)

Originally posted by ReganX
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=28328

Sam still needs votes - it's down to four characters now but poor Teal'c is all but eliminated
        I really like to vote on her but I really don't understand that game, I read the explanation... but I think my English isn't that good to understand it, well if someone just can give me the highlight... I could vote for it

Originally posted by scarimor
        *chants mantra": Not going to read any more spoilers. Not going to read any more spoilers. Not going to read any more spoilers.
        yeah I am trying to do that to... but it is really hard you know. Well I still haven't read one of season 10 so... let's hope I can keep it up

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Does anyone know how old Sam is? Is she the same age range as Amanda or slightly older or slightly younger?
        sam's birthday is on 29th December 1968, so I hope this is what you looking for

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Having said that...

I noticed (because I've been drawing her recently) that Amanda's facial features have changed a fair bit in the last four years. She's still stunningly gorgeous, of course. But the last sketch I did of her used features from a photo taken about four years ago, and this sketch I've been using photos from season nine promos. I took down that last sketch I posted because I'm still not happy with her face and want to try something else, maybe rework it completely (not sure yet). But it's interesting (for me), because I wouldn't have really noticed it all that much if I hadn't been drawing it!
          Hmmmmmmm, when I see her now and a year ago I would say she appears more mature now. Being a mother changed her, not just emotionally.
          The biggest change I ever saw was from s6 to 7. Her hair changes her face expressions a lot IMO.
          From innocence to hard looking when she changed her style early s4.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
            I really like to vote on her but I really don't understand that game, I read the explanation... but I think my English isn't that good to understand it, well if someone just can give me the highlight... I could vote for it
            Basically, each character started out with the same amount of points, I think it was thirty. When you heal a character, you give them points but you have to hurt a character too and take away points from them when you vote, for example

Heal: Sam
            Hurt: Jack

(Janet's not going to be around much longer)

When a character gets to zero, they're out.

At the moment, there are three characters left. You can vote three times a day but you can't heal the same character in your first two votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
              Hmmmmmmm, when I see her now and a year ago I would say she appears more mature now. Being a mother changed her, not just emotionally.
              Yes, you're right. That's it, that's the catalyst for sure. I can't (honestly) label it as looking older so much as there's a feature-presence about her now that wasn't there before. She also looks more confident and more "command-worthy", if that makes any sense.

I know these aren't "realistic" sketches, but if you look at the two, you can sorta see the expression and posture, everything about her visual presence shifted. One of them is definitely 'ready to kill' (if necessary). The other one, not as much.

Check it (for about 24 hours until I remove the sketches again!).

Season 3-6(ish) Carter Sketch
              {snip}

Season 8-10ish Carter Sketch (I'm still fixin' this one... it's not done yet)
              {snip}

-
              Last edited by minigeek; 01 June 2006, 11:26 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

The biggest change I ever saw was from s6 to 7. Her hair changes her face expressions a lot IMO.
                I think we saw Sam grow up a lot over the seasons. In Season One she had a kind of innocent, not exactly naive but at the same time not far from it, quality and that gradually faded a bit as she matured as a character and became more experienced as a soldier.

Comment

Ok you people post way too much... I think I read everything... well I hope I did,so...

I have some questions maybe can someone give me an answer, so I can really follow everything here... cause it is really anoying if you are clueless about some things, so here goes

What is Samanda (maybe a stupid question but I have to ask)
                  We love both Sam and Amanda--so if you put the 2 names together, you get Samanda. Someone early on (sorry I can't remember who started it--but you'd probably find it if you went back and read the first few hundred posts) said Samanda was like a special kingdom where Amanda was our Queen.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Yes, you're right. That's it, that's the catalyst for sure. I can't (honestly) label it as looking older so much as there's a feature-presence about her now that wasn't there before. She also looks more confident and more "command-worthy", if that makes any sense.

I know these aren't "realistic" sketches, but if you look at the two, you can sorta see the expression and posture, everything about her visual presence shifted. One of them is definitely 'ready to kill' (if necessary). The other one, not as much.

Check it (for about 24 hours until I remove the sketches again!).
                    I see the change don't worry. You're right about more on command. About the 'ready to kill' comment, it made me think about something. Didn't Amanda said that since having Olivia she knew what is was to feel that way? I think because of that she could show certain emotions much more clearly. That gave her the maturity she needed as Sam Carter. More real, more beautiful, more... her.

Originally posted by ReganX
                    I think we saw Sam grow up a lot over the seasons. In Season One she had a kind of innocent, not exactly naive but at the same time not far from it, quality and that gradually faded a bit as she matured as a character and became more experienced as a soldier.
                    Yes she grow up. Both Amanda and her. She showed it in the serie and that's what so great. She adds to Sam from what she knows from experience.

Comment

I would say she looks more mature, but not hard. She should have matured over 10 years--both AT and Sam. But Dang she's as beautiful as ever. I was looking at some of the season 9 episodes (Sam included eps) the last couple of days (I'm done with school temporarily) and was again amazed. I heard they're taping the show on HD(?) now, not film & that it's not as flattering to the actors. Mini--maybe you know something about that? But if that's the case, it only reinforces her natural beauty can't even be trashed by technology. and if I may continue to gush--there are many people with bone structure etc. but their looks are sort of artificial or plastic or something. I think a lot of AT's beauty comes from within. There's a real person in there whether she's being herself or portraying a character. Kind of an inarticulate ramble, but I hope you know what I'm trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        We love both Sam and Amanda--so if you put the 2 names together, you get Samanda. Someone early on (sorry I can't remember who started it--but you'd probably find it if you went back and read the first few hundred posts) said Samanda was like a special kingdom where Amanda was our Queen.
                        well ok, now I got that... And really she is a queen isn't she well if I got time to spair, I will try to read everything...But at the moment I don't have that time

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          I would say she looks more mature, but not hard. She should have matured over 10 years--both AT and Sam. But Dang she's as beautiful as ever. I was looking at some of the season 9 episodes (Sam included eps) the last couple of days (I'm done with school temporarily) and was again amazed. I heard they're taping the show on HD(?) now, not film & that it's not as flattering to the actors. Mini--maybe you know something about that? But if that's the case, it only reinforces her natural beauty can't even be trashed by technology. and if I may continue to gush--there are many people with bone structure etc. but their looks are sort of artificial or plastic or something. I think a lot of AT's beauty comes from within. There's a real person in there whether she's being herself or portraying a character. Kind of an inarticulate ramble, but I hope you know what I'm trying to say.
                          I said that because of season 4. The big difference in hair style and her features made her look harder to me. It shocked me at the moment. Not anymore
                          She's as beautiful as ever like you said. And internal beauty has a lot to do with it for sure. She enjoys and loves life and you see it.

Comment

well ok, now I got that... And really she is a queen isn't she well if I got time to spair, I will try to read everything...But at the moment I don't have that time
                            Try to read everything not even I tried to read everything! If you do we will never see you again...there is just sooooo much to read
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

amanda is a queen

mini- tried to green u for ur fab sketches but they wouldnt let me

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I was watching Space Race today and I just love Sam's fun side
                                I wonder if Teal'c ever paid back that debt he owes her, hey Sky have you written anything about Teal'c repaying his debt
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X