Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    Just an FYI - on the cover of next week's TV Guide regading the returning summer shows (delivered this week) is a small picture in the lower left-hand corner of AT and BB (cannot believe that it was not bb/cb pimping). There is nothing much inside about the show in the Guide's stories about returning summer shows except a very tiny blurb that says RDA is reprising his role as the ornery Jack O'Neill for several episodes. Can you say "desperate stunt casting"?
    amanda, on the tv guide cover AGAIN?

that's like super cool and far out, man

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      ok, my spammage for post 10400...what would i like to see them revisit on sams storyline

oh jolinar of course. I'd like to see sam confront some part of jolinar's past. someone she tried to help, one of her host's descendants, some kind of legacy - good or bad - of jolinar's

possibly something that also confronts the fact that she hasn't used hte healing thingie since daniel's 'death'

Hmmm. Plot bunny. Maybe, if I ever get the CSI fic I'm working on finished, I may tackle that issue. Get my feet wet in the SG1 fandom writing waters.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        OK, I'm gonna make this the least "bashy" as possible when I ask:

Spoiler:
        How the heck can anyone - ANYONE - bounty hunter, or not, just up and kidnap both Sam AND Teal'c whenever they choose? How is that possible? Is it on Earth? But that makes no sense. The guy would have a struggle with just Sam, and a struggle with just Teal'c, but together? And then, ya know, once they're in the bind, they have to rely on Cameron?! Cameron, of all people?!

It's still too early to tell, but on the surface, there are already a lot of holes.
        I wouldn't worry too much. From what I have read ...

Spoiler:

Yes, Sam and Teal'c get attacked but they don't get kidnapped. However, Vala and Mitchell do and Daniel, Sam and Teal'c rescue them or try.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          I wouldn't worry too much. From what I have read ...

Spoiler:

Yes, Sam and Teal'c get attacked but they don't get kidnapped. However, Vala and Mitchell do and Daniel, Sam and Teal'c rescue them or try.
          Spoiler:
          Poor Sam! Hope she kicks his butt more than he does hers. I feel a little better knowing they don't get kidnapped and that Cam isn't always the hero.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            This is about bounty, and indirectly about momento mori and S10 in general. I posted a similar post at the anti-S10 thread and will make the one here a little more positive.

Okay let's call a spade a spade. When I first read this bounty shi - oops - cr@p I didn't know what to think then I just started laughing (and not from joy) and I actually hurt myself when I fell out of the chair. Now that I have had time to stop laughing - it took several hours - I think I can post something on this crapola.

Major Snippage (No, he's not another new character!)

... For anyone that says give it time, how can you judge it on the description - well let me tell you I judged S9 on the spoilers (when you said the same exact thing) and S9 turned out WORSE than expected so based on my history of accurately calculating shi - oops- cr@p from the spoilers I have absolutely no fear that this episode, as well as several of the others so far spoiled for S10, will be exactly what many are predicting cr@pola, dreck, nonsense, embarrasing, cheesy, sci-fi schtick.
            I think what we have here, is a serious case of Mutiny on the Bounty.

Hey, it's past my bedtime.

bink, I haven't read recent Spoilers but these plots sound so lame and adolescent. God save the Queen (our Queen)!

Maybe RDA, AT, MS and CJ should form their own production company and go off and do a movie! That would be a real mutiny.
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 02 June 2006, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
              Oh sure! Just when I wanted to stop being maudlin!

My Sam Carter moments were many this past year. Every time I got into that chemo-bed, I had a Sam Carter moment. Also-every time I climbed into the CT machine, worrying about the results, I called on my inner-Sam.

Was I glad I had her around this year!
              i just want to give you a hug, man.

you battled some really bad and nasty guys - who fight dirty because they won't stand up to your face so you can punch them out - but you stood up to them and kicked their a$$es anways (sam carter style! ).

be proud. i am.

*super, duper hugs*

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Maybe RDA, AT, MS and CJ should form their own production company and go off and do a movie! That would be a real mutiny.
                OH! Anyone for a mutiny? I am.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i just want to give you a hug, man.

you battled some really bad and nasty guys - who fight dirty because they won't stand up to your face so you can punch them out - but you stood up to them and kicked their a$$es anways (sam carter style! ).

be proud. i am.

*super, duper hugs*

sally
                  Thanks Sally. I felt the hug.

Comment

As long as I get a cool pirate hat

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    OH! Anyone for a mutiny? I am.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Ooooooh! And a parrot.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                        Hey you'll have to fight Amanda for it, if it comes off of Johnny Depp's head
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I want to see Sam in her kick-butt mode. Just because it’s so cool! Sam rocks!
                          There should be a Sam Carter Award...that goes to Sam until SG is over, then it should be given to deserving female characters in sci-fi shows. Ones that have brains, brawn, and beauty. Not ones that flaunt themselves around for all the world to see.
                          I couldn't agree with you more LA!

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Samandans--
                          Feeling listless? Unable to concentrate? Cranky? Weepy at the drop of a hat?

You could be experiencing SDS--Sam Deprivation Syndrome. With only small doses of Sam available in Season 9, this problem is reportedly endemic in the Kingdom.
                          Currently no cure is known, but experts say the syndrome can be managed and a support network is helpful. Please share with your fellow afflicted your ways of coping.

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          You asked for it ...

Well, first I replay the first eight seasons as the mood strikes (often), concentrating on the special Sam episodes and smiling a lot.

Then I try to sign up for paintball tournaments whenever I can. I've already purchased my camouflage outfit and built a model of a P90 in my basement. It's amazing what you can do with other people's scrap metal.

I rewatch Casablanca for the hundredth time, just to hear Bogie say "Play it again, Sam."

Next I turn to my collection of Bewitched episodes and watch another blonde named Samantha outsmart the men around her. I try to picture AT and RDA playing the leads. However, I keep getting AT and MS. Danny boy seems more of a substitute for Darren or whoever he is.

Of course, I visit the local science museum weekly - spending most time in the planetarium - gazing at stars, moonscapes, and other heavenly bodies through the telescopes or on the theatre screen. I try to imagine Carter bouncing around in her white space suit saying something like "One small step for Rob Cooper, one gigantic leap for Cam and Vala."

I go into the kitchen and make a souffle. "Here's lookin' at you, kid!"

I go to the Hells' Angels convention and purchase a leather jacket with all donations going towards disabled bikers. (There seem to be a lot of them.) I sit on a Harley Davidson in my leather jacket and say "Vroom, vroom. This one's for you, Sam."

I purchase a copy of Stephen Hawkings' book on physics and read it from cover to cover. Then I devour the pages of The Dancing Wu Li Mastersand try to understand what the heck I just read. But I FEEL CLOSER TO CARTER.

I learn to play a killer game of pool and collect all bets.

I talk about time travel during lunch breaks. Soon I'm dining alone. But Sam would understand.

I order blue jello and buy yellow bubblegum. I pop the bubblegum in my mouth and grimace. I sketch a picture of Thor.

I exchange my sneakers for combat boots. It is amazing what you can find in other people's trash.

I take a walk in the woods and play soldier with sticks. (My P90 really got smeared up in a paintball fight.)

I go to a Volvo dealership and gaze lovingly at a silver Volvo. Then I ask if they have any used 1960 models for sale ...

I find myself staring into my toilet bowl and flushing it repeatedly while humming the Stargate theme.

And then, only then, I settle down and continue writing my Samfic, hoping to post it before the new season, the season of dread, begins.

"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times ..." Sigh, scratch that line - I think it's already been used.
                          These are hilarious, Chopingal!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Comment

Bring it on Amanda.... I'm up for a grope disguised as a girly grapple And look at that back in the gutter on my a$$ again.

So.. I gave in and read those Bounty spoilers....
                            Spoiler:
                            and I'm honestly gobsmacked and staring aghast in abject horror at my screen. It's Sweet Valley High meets The X-Files.....yup still abjectly horrified. I'm thinking mutiny isn't enough... we need to stage an intervention!!!

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            Hey you'll have to fight Amanda for it, if it comes off of Johnny Depp's head
                            sigpic

Comment

I wonder if we'll get to see Sam
                              Spoiler:
                              whoop on some bounty hunters backsides or is it something we'll hear about 2nd hand because the focus of this (and every other episode) are the other people?
                              Wow...that was whingy of me.

I'll take it to the nuthouse thread to keep Samanda Ooober-rage-free.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'm just astonished by the description.... I just.. nope no words.

Meanwhile I vote we have Major Snippage on the team... I'm thinking that would be preferable.

Did anyone else see RDA's presentation of Browder's award on teh Spacey's? You were on the money Rick... we don't get it either

Oh and where is this nuthouse thread? I'm thinking I need to visit

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                I wonder if we'll get to see Sam
                                Spoiler:
                                whoop on some bounty hunters backsides or is it something we'll hear about 2nd hand because the focus of this (and every other episode) are the other people?
                                Wow...that was whingy of me.

I'll take it to the nuthouse thread to keep Samanda Ooober-rage-free.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X