Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deejay435
    Oh sure! Just when I wanted to stop being maudlin!

My Sam Carter moments were many this past year. Every time I got into that chemo-bed, I had a Sam Carter moment. Also-every time I climbed into the CT machine, worrying about the results, I called on my inner-Sam.

Was I glad I had her around this year!
    Well, not to be inexplicably corny... but Sam may have been your hero at the time, however you're mine, Deej.

I have "Sam Carter" moments all the time, but it's not the cool, calm and collected Sam we know in this reality. Oh no, it's Geek!Sam all the way. Only waaaay less funny.

Comment

This is why I was looking for the cap earlier. I was going for a "Sam steps up and does what needs to be done, despite how horrible it might be" feel.

Did I get the feeling across?
      Beautifully done, Deejay!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Attention Samandans, are you willing to share?
        What has been a defining Sam-Carter moment in your own life?
        When did you feel empowered and at the top of your game?
        I guess I should put up or shut up, huh? Okay, I am not a jock. Playing sports, physical activity was never my thing. But about four years ago I decided to take a trip to the Canadian Rockies and spend a week with a group of strangers (who were much better at this than I) ... climbing mountains! I had never climbed a mountain (even a hill) in my life!

The first day out nearly killed me (I actually fell on way down and slammed my face, broke my glasses). Luckily, there were two doctors in my group. I was determined to get back on the trail the morning after ... this was what I had come for. It was the hardest thing I'd ever done, pushing myself to use muscles I didn't even know existed and to keep up with the "pros" and not get left behind. We hiked for a week, each day taking on a bit more. My fellow hikers were terrific - SG1 kinds of guys. I did go on every hike, and climbed every mountain, and ended up, literally, on top of the world, twirling like Maria in the "Sound of Music"!

That was, indeed, my Sam Carter moment! What's yours?!
        Chopingal, you never CEASE to amaze me!
        Last edited by astrogeologist; 31 May 2006, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Well, not to be inexplicably corny... but Sam may have been your hero at the time, however you're mine, Deej.

I have "Sam Carter" moments all the time, but it's not the cool, calm and collected Sam we know in this reality. Oh no, it's Geek!Sam all the way. Only waaaay less funny.
          I'm with you, Dancer - Deejay and Dani and Chopingal - you folks are the *true* heroes (OK, a small part of me does see the irony in identifying *true* heroes by their incognito screennames... but I digress... you all *rock*)

Comment

Who do you think runs SG1 - Sam or Cam?
            Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Thor_Beyond769
              Well, officially, Cam does. However, Sam is the one that knows what's going on and how to get things done.

Comment

I posted a new Motivational Poster on my LJ if anyone is interested in seeing it...

MY LJ - Potential

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  I posted a new Motivational Poster on my LJ if anyone is interested in seeing it...

MY LJ - Potential
                  Wonderful poster, Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                    Wow, these are great and inspiring stories indeed. I am afraid my Sam-Carter moments are not as impressive. I guess, I had my "biggest" one when my husband and I moved to California from Germany, leaving our families and friends behind. We did not know anybody and all we had to start with was the name of our hotel and where we had to show up for work. For me it was quite a challenge, even though today it is not that uncommon to live in a different country. I was also very shy and hardly spoke more than school English. I felt quite literally like I was on a different planet, LOL. Now, we've settled in just fine.

My most demanding Sam-Carter moment and one that actually lastet for 4 years was when I took on the challenge of going to law school in America. There were endless nights when I was reading cases with a German/English dictionary next to me and almost every day I questioned myself whether I was nuts even thinking I could do this. But I did, and I am finally graduating next month.

Anyways, I am not sure whether these qualify. Aside from this, I have my "little" Sam-Carter moments almost every day.

Heck yeah that counts! I can't imagine doing the reverse. I don't think my "German" would really suffice-since about all I remember how to say is "Ein bier bitta." (Yes, that is the sum total of my knowledge after a month spent with my Uncle and Aunt in Germany.)

I say anything counts if it was a challenge to a person.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      what was the first thing that grabbed you about sam carter? it can be the first ep, first scene; whatever it was that made you start falling for this character.
                      I can't remember which was the first episode I saw; but at some point I saw a Children of the Gods repeat, and I remember Teal'c giving Sam his staff weapon. So, ok, there was that wonderful Sam&Teal'c eye-candy together

but in addition I felt I was seeing in Sam what Teal'c was seeing in her. Awesome.

So, anyway, Sam...
                      • thunkingly gorgeous
                      • witty and funny
                      • brave and compassionate
                      • awesomely clever
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                        Wow, these are great and inspiring stories indeed. I am afraid my Sam-Carter moments are not as impressive. I guess, I had my "biggest" one when my husband and I moved to California from Germany, leaving our families and friends behind. We did not know anybody and all we had to start with was the name of our hotel and where we had to show up for work. For me it was quite a challenge, even though today it is not that uncommon to live in a different country. I was also very shy and hardly spoke more than school English. I felt quite literally like I was on a different planet, LOL. Now, we've settled in just fine.

My most demanding Sam-Carter moment and one that actually lasted for 4 years was when I took on the challenge of going to law school in America. There were endless nights when I was reading cases with a German/English dictionary next to me and almost every day I questioned myself whether I was nuts even thinking I could do this. But I did, and I am finally graduating next month.

Anyways, I am not sure whether these qualify. Aside from this, I have my "little" Sam-Carter moments almost every day.
                        Tackling law school in a foreign country and in a non-native tongue!!! Yeah, I would say that's a Sam-Carter kind of adventure! Impressive!

Much future success!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Attention Samandans, are you willing to share?
                          What has been a defining Sam-Carter moment in your own life?
                          When did you feel empowered and at the top of your game?
                          I don't really think that I have ever had a Sam Carter moment however I do try to feel empowered and at the top of my game everyday. I haven't always felt this way but last year I decided that I needed to start thinking and doing things for myself. I make a conscious effort every day to smile. It always makes me feel better and I find I smile a lot more. I eat better and have lost almost 17kg. I feel better for it too. I don't have a lot of confidence in myself but I am working on that. I enjoy watching Stargate and that makes me happy - and I don't care what others think about that. I think I've shared enough for tonight! Hope I didn't bore anyone to death.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Thor_Beyond769
                            well you see Cam is in charge of running SG1 into the ground, which he is doing a mighty fine job at
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Heck yeah that counts! I can't imagine doing the reverse. I don't think my "German" would really suffice-since about all I remember how to say is "Ein bier bitta." (Yes, that is the sum total of my knowledge after a month spent with my Uncle and Aunt in Germany.)

I say anything counts if it was a challenge to a person.
                              Absolutely Dee! It's what made you grow - s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d you!!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                                I don't really think that I have ever had a Sam Carter moment however I do try to feel empowered and at the top of my game everyday. I haven't always felt this way but last year I decided that I needed to start thinking and doing things for myself. I make a conscious effort every day to smile. It always makes me feel better and I find I smile a lot more. I eat better and have lost almost 17kg. I feel better for it too. I don't have a lot of confidence in myself but I am working on that. I enjoy watching Stargate and that makes me happy - and I don't care what others think about that. I think I've shared enough for tonight! Hope I didn't bore anyone to death.
                                I love your attitude, chelle! It's so positive and life-affirming. I tell my students that "your attitude determines your altitude" ... congrats on your personal triumphs!

Fly high, like Sam!

Comment

Working...
                                X