Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    oh, what season 9 could have been....

sam, daniel, teal'c, and mitchell, behind enemy lines and trying to get to the gate.

daniel: sam, we can't just sit here! mitchell's bleeding and--

sam: i know that, daniel! but we can't just run up to the gate, seeing as there are about a dozen jaffa standing at it.

daniel: but--

sam: what would you have us do, daniel? just walk up and say we want to go home?

daniel: of course not... i just think sitting here while he bleeds to death isn't getting us anywhere. sorry.

sam: i'm waiting for the opening.

daniel: what opening?

teal'c: when colonel carter sees it, danieljackson, you will be the first to know. judge her instincts.

daniel: i do, it's just....

mitchell: leave me behind, sam.

sam: oh, shut up. you know i'm not leaving any member of my team behind, so knock off that warrior crap. no offense, teal'c.

teal'c smiles and nods

sam: there!

daniel: sam?

sam points. 'right there, daniel. teal'c, you and daniel go to the tree line and i'll radio when i've got the charges set'.

daniel: sam? what's going on.

sam: just go with teal'c, daniel. teal'c?

teal'c: i'll explain your plan to daniel, colonel carter.

daniel: you will? when did 'you' hear it?

teal'c: i saw the opening, danieljackson.

sam laughs

i wanted a scene like this in season 9!! sam's smart and has been mentored by the best, so why oh why didn't they let her take off and soar!?!

sally
    oh, if only you were writing for them, Sally--or a consultant, anything. sigh

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      wait a minute, sam is slipping daniel the snake!?! sorry. in the absense of TJ i felt it was necessary to say something like this. i'm gonna go shower.
      Shouldn't that be the other way around
      *Bad Mandy *
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

How about bondage Sam? Or Sam in leather? DoH?!? Where did that come from?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...G1/ENDGAME.jpg
        oh my gawd! like when sam kicked that guy's butt with both hands tied behind her back, while daniel had both arms and legs to use and still lost?

maybe the leather brings out the animal fighter in sam?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          You and me both, Über. To quote Jack "Oh, Puhleez."

Yes, exactly. As lame as a lot of that episode was, Sam was great and I think AT played her just right. I think my favorite was when
          Spoiler:
          the french guy was getting all hysterical and she told him in this totally calm voice to be quiet. He says something like "why should I listen to you?" And again in a calm, quiet and utterly authoritative tone says something like "because the bugs can hear you."

Hats off to Amanda!
          THIS right here is why I'm not worried about Sam.

I give Amanda all kinds of leeway for her performance when she first got back because there's only so much you can do on 2 1/2 minutes of sleep a night for 7 months straight. But as time went on, Amanda re-found her Sam zone.

She is such a superbly developed character that Amanda can take moments...even small ones that might have fallen flat or appeared insignificant in lesser hands and make it magical...and while the directing is important, and the writing plays a part (dialog is obviously important), take a look at a script some time and see how much room there is there for the actor to make a moment her own or add her special stamp of understanding of that character's dynamics.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Shouldn't that be the other way around
            *Bad Mandy *
            i know! i mean, i don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              You and me both, Über. To quote Jack "Oh, Puhleez."

Yes, exactly. As lame as a lot of that episode was, Sam was great and I think AT played her just right. I think my favorite was when
              Spoiler:
              the french guy was getting all hysterical and she told him in this totally calm voice to be quiet. He says something like "why should I listen to you?" And again in a calm, quiet and utterly authoritative tone says something like "because the bugs can hear you."

Hats off to Amanda!

YES!

it was the only *episode* that i actually liked (instead of just various scenes in various eps in s9).

and notice with sam's reply...

Spoiler:
              sam could have answered, 'because i said so' or 'because i'm in charge'. but they kept ego out of it and she just calmly (liked that cool exterior ) said that the bugs could hear him. loved it!

so one *episode* out of 20 for me to enjoy... better than no eps.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                THIS right here is why I'm not worried about Sam.

I give Amanda all kinds of leeway for her performance when she first got back because there's only so much you can do on 2 1/2 minutes of sleep a night for 7 months straight. But as time went on, Amanda re-found her Sam zone.
                LOL. *that* much sleep, eh?

(((amanda)))

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

ok, i had no idea thats what that meant. i'm gonna need to see that fic.
                  http://www.mind-rot.net/myfanfic/sg1/dorkverse.htm

That was the fic I'm talking about. Jack/Sam/Daniel Moebius AU OT3 fic

Comment

(((amanda)))

sally

So true. . . I really enjoyed Sam in season 9 like I haven't in a while. Rewatching all of the seasons in a marathon (to keep away the sadness/madness between the seasons) I realized just how far AT has taken the character. It's so amazing. I know I could never do such an amazing job at something like that. As always, hats off to the actors. Especially AT.

Comment

This video is cool...has some great Sam!Action!clips.

Plus, if you grew up watching the Thundercats like I did every day after school, you'll appreciate it all the more.

Carter-O...the coolest Thundercat of them all!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...amanda+tapping

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

(((amanda)))

sally
                        I rounded up. More like 2 minutes 16.6 seconds.

((((((((amanda)))))))

Comment

well i do see your point, and i agree that early on (season 1) that it was about jack. that he was the centre of the show, and the everyone else was developed through their relationships with him.

but i felt that as time went on it became an ensemble. each character had their individual development arcs independant of their relationship with jack. daniel obviously had sha're. teal'c had his wife and family. sam had cassie and in a way she had jonas hansen who, although he wasn't a lasting character, did serve to develop sam's character and enable us to learn more about her. these are just examples. there was more, i'm sure. these are plot points and character development points that didn't include or require jack. and jack himself had independent points of development.

season 2 expanded on this by giving sam jolinar. her own personal cause to fight the goa'uld if you will. we got sam's dad. we got the tok'ra to whom sam had more ties than anyone.

teal'c got out to see the world on his own. more family development.

from there it further expanded and i do feel that there was a deliberate effort to make the show an ensemble one rather than about jack. i think that it didn't take long for the show to become this, and it wasn't long (for me at least) before each character was just as important as the other.

(OT: holy moses! harry gro.. greo.. um... the mayor from buffy is on ST:TNG!!! )

anyway, i do see what you're saying, and i do think that in season 9 they tried to make it a new season 1 of sorts, but they forgot that they already had an amazing ensemble right there. they tried to make ben the "lead", when really they didn't need one. all they needed was a new character of equal importance to sam, teal'c, daniel, jonas and jack.

now this is just how i see it. i know that there are others that see it the same way. i know that there are people who see it like you, that jack was the lead and centre of the show all the way, and i know that there are people who see others as the lead/centre of the show.

i guess its all up to our own perceptions?

also, maybe i should leave, i seem to be depressing the heck out of some people here! ( ? )
                          Oh I don't disagree with you in that the show became more ensemble as the years went on, nor was I trying to imply that Jack was the most important character on the show and that the other characters were not given their own special storylines. What I was trying to say was that Stargate SG-1 has always been about Jack's relationships with the other members of SG-1. The reason why there have always been such issues between S/J and J/D fans is because both Sam and Daniel were seen as competing for Jack's attention/friendship. But why? I really believe there would have been less issues between the fanbase if the writers had ever taken the time to truly create strong and lasting bonds between Sam/Daniel, Sam/Teal or Teal'c/Daniel without involving Jack into it.

Yes, we've seen Sam deal with relationships with other people other than Jack. We've seen her deal with Orlin, Janet, her father, but if you think even S8 was written in such a way to keep the team around Jack. I really love what we have been given in the past between Sam/Daniel and Teal'c. I think AT, CJ and MS all have an amazing chemistry that really shines when they are on camera together when they are allowed to do so, but in S9 we didn't see any of that sparkage and that on top of losing Jack made the season feel flat and empty to me.

I really hope the writers make some serious changes in S10 and realize that while its good to add new ingredients to a recipes to spice things up at times and while most people enjoy trying new things, we all have our own comfort zones as well. Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Jack have been a winning recipe for eight years. We may not have Jack around anymore, but that doesn't mean we don't enjoy S/D/T anymore. Mitchell can and never will replace Jack in my heart, so they should stop trying to make him fill Jack's shoes by making all the character relationhip on the show revolve around Mitchell and finally allow these characters to really bond with one another and prove that their relationships were deeper than their common friendship with Jack.
                          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 24 May 2006, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            So Last Stand was on tonight again.

Can everyone say WOW?

Amanda did such a stellar job with this performance...truly one of my favorites from her in the series.

We see her grappling with the fact that Elliott was snaked...thus having to relive particularly unpleasant memories and trying to sound positive about the whole thing.

I love how Sam takes care of Elliott and gives him a pep talk at first...but then tells him like it is. She never gives up but there's a moment where there's a flash of "man, this seems hopeless" on her face as she tires from moving the boulders and the room drains itself of the much needed oxygen, which is very rare indeed.

Then there's that moment when Elliott tells her that Lantash loved her as much as he loved Jolinar. It reminds me of what Martouf told her...I think it was in Tok'ra 1...that they love as one. I love that entire scene...how Sam responded to that moment and to the fact that Lantash truly loved her for who she was and not because she once hosted Jolinar. Maybe it was the director who suggested it, but having her face shadowed as she bowed her head during his confession of Lantash's feelings was just the right choice for that moment.

I also love how Lantash wanted Sam to know that he didn't blame her for Martouf's death and didn't want her to either...but he knew her. He knew she felt responsible on some level, regardless of her logical mind telling her there was no other way...and I respect Lantash for freeing her like that.

I love the look in her eyes when Lantash sacrifices himself for her and the team...her sadness at knowing that this time, there is no escape for him. This time, they would indeed leave one of their own behind and there was nothing she could do about it. Amanda maintained the disciplined approach Sam would have at that moment without being cold. She played it with just the right amount of emotion and empathy and loss without dissolving into a puddle.

Just a great, GREAT episode and I'd love to see more of these kinds of moments for Sam in the future.

I think what I highlighted above was my favorite part of the episode. I loved how, even when she was telling Elliot like it was, she still managed to be supportive and positive. Something like-You knew what you signed up for, right? But she didn't leave it there. She wasn't simply telling him to shut up and stop complaining. She went on to tell him that though he knew what he was getting himself into, he was chosen because he was strong and he could make it. She might have had a moment of hopelessness when trying to dig out, but she hadn't given up hope. And even as she was admitting the dire straits they were in, she was ecouraging Elliot AND Lantash not to as well.

I thought it was a great moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                              I think what I highlighted above was my favorite part of the episode. I loved how, even when she was telling Elliot like it was, she still managed to be supportive and positive. Something like-You knew what you signed up for, right? But she didn't leave it there. She wasn't simply telling him to shut up and stop complaining. She went on to tell him that though he knew what he was getting himself into, he was chosen because he was strong and he could make it. She might have had a moment of hopelessness when trying to dig out, but she hadn't given up hope. And even as she was admitting the dire straits they were in, she was ecouraging Elliot AND Lantash not to as well.

I thought it was a great moment.
                              That's the thing.

There was that brief moment that kinda flashed in her eyes that screamed..."THIS IS HOPELESS"...but she never said it and she never stopped. Never gave up.

It's like she gave herself a moment to mentally whine to herself and then snapped herself out of it and back to the business at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I don't think you have to turn off your sig anymore than anyone else needs to turn off theirs or stop posting shippy smilies; but perhaps it might be wise to leave the ship discussions on the ship threads for a few days and try to remember some of the other great reasons for enjoying Sam and Amanda.

How about bondage Sam? Or Sam in leather? DoH?!? Where did that come from?

Man, she's gorgeus. Wonderful pic!

Comment

Working...
                                X