No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Hail SALA!! Ahem... I mean Sam & Jack 4 eva!! Or maybe we're just Jam Smacking Vala these days... ooh that doesn't sound very clean.

So what are we talking about today anyway?

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Sam/Vala is the new s10 OTP
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      All Hail SALA!! Ahem... I mean Sam & Jack 4 eva!! Or maybe we're just Jam Smacking Vala these days... ooh that doesn't sound very clean.

So what are we talking about today anyway?

rofl, I saw someone making a up a crack!scenario for s10, which involved Sam/Vala and Sam keeping Jack around for the weekends

Comment

Somehow I don't think Jack would be the weekend past time.. given they're married n all

Shipwise I think I'm Bi-Shipsual... lol it's all very confusing. I thoroughly blame both Xena & The L Word.... that whole dark long hair, short blonde hair thing.. I tell ya.

Of course in my little SG universe the canon Sam Carter won't be cheating on her man.. but that's what alternate realities were invented for

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        rofl, I saw someone making a up a crack!scenario for s10, which involved Sam/Vala and Sam keeping Jack around for the weekends
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Landry was okay.

spoilers for s9

Spoiler:
          I think, for me, one great scene was in Arthur's Mantle when Daniel shifted into Sam's dimension. The "Daniel!" that Sam gave was priceless (not to mention the brilliant smile). The whole scene was pretty good, actually. The room full of Sams in Ripple Effect was fun, too.

On edit: Oh, and the last ten minutes of the season with Sam floating in space was pretty spectacular.

Spoiler:
          i saw some scenes that worked/i enjoyed too, but i can't find one single episode that i can even say i loved. the closest one was 'the scourge', and that's because there was so many good sam scenes in that ep.

as for landry; part of why i like his character is part beau bridges and part that they wrote him the most 'normal'. i feel that mitchell is just written for the male writers desires to be 'the hero', and vala is just the good time gal. no real depth or time was put into their characters, and bb and cb can only do so much with what they were given.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            Those scenes were good. I thought it was funny in Arthur's Mantle
            Spoiler:
            when Sam and Daniel poked each other!
            I really liked that part. It was very cute but also very friendly. It reminded me of the good times of the team.
            The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              let's see if we can find one thing that *did* work in season 9? can anyone really say that anything written in season 9 was great? even though there was 'scenes' that worked, for me, the only *new* aspect i liked was landry.

i hope next season that a relationship between sam and landry is highlighted. since i like and respect him, i'd like their relay to be non argumentative. (and that wouldn't really fit with landry's personality)

sam with mitchell? i don't really care, as long as they take care of their mitchell writing problems.

sam with vala? i don't mind this one too much, and anything's better than vala being paired with daniel ep/scene after ep/scene.

sam with lam? i don't even know if lam's going to be on next season? but if she is, all i care about is her being written well.

sally
              Arthur's Mantle was what I really liked about the season. I thought it was coming back to the roots of the show. Sam was doing her work through the night scientist thing. (*sigh* Mitchell stepped into the Jack role of trying to draw her away... *sigh again*) Daniel worked with his books and legends to discover the answers. Teal'c was in a fearsome warrior mode... Pretty good episode in my opinion...
              The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Hmm? Where are all our verbose posters lateley?
                Over in the Whinge Nuts and Rage threads, whining and raging. 8)
                Erm... not so much whining and ranting as explaining local/regional culinary dishes that are actually disgusting to many while others find them yummy! The conversation wandered into new territory
                Originally posted by JessM
                You're welcome!

o/t but you're a geologist? I am, too, and I agree with your sig banner, heehee.
                I am a geologist - good to meet another one here in the thread And ForeverSG-1 made the wonderful sig pic for me.
                I loved the scene where Carter is the one driving the cool red sportscar!
                Originally posted by ReganX
                Originally posted by jckfan55
                One of my problems with S9 was the early interaction between Daniel and Sam. Daniel and Sam bonded early on and I've always liked their close relationship and rapport. In New Order (can you tell I'm reviewing for the s8 voting?) Daniel
                Spoiler:
                was the one pushing the idea that Sam could still be alive and he reacted strongly when they were told there were no life signs. He has a great smile on his face when they find her alive.
                Then when Sam comes back in season 9
                Spoiler:
                it's like ho hum, here we are. I know they had a couple of lines indicating they'd talked while she was gone, but I found it kind of lame. It wasn't really until the out of phase episode that we saw some of their old rapport.
                Just because you add new characters doesn't mean the old ones lose their bonds. I'm hoping they deal with the Vala "fish out of water" situation--her having to break into the tight knit Big 3--with as much emphasis on the big 3 as on her. Kind of like they did with Jonas. Ok, I'm in an optimistic mood at the moment.
                I noticed that too. Sam and Daniel clicked straight away in "Children of the Gods" but in "Beachhead", it's apparently been a couple of weeks since they spoke. That didn't make sense.

I agree completely that you can introduce new characters without taking away from the bond that the established characters share. In fact, I would say that if the new character cannot be brought in except at the expense of the established characters and their bond, then it is far better not to bring the new character in at all.

It would have made for much better drama if Mitchell hadn't been accepted unreservedly by SG-1. I don't mean that they would be cool towards him, or deliberately exclude him or anything like that, but that he (and the audience) would be aware of their bond, that they were a family and he wasn't yet part of that family. The same with Vala.

Jack should have been spoken of often, by Daniel and Teal'c as well as Sam.
                I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Daniel...Give me back my phone! I only have 14 minutes left to vote for Katharine McPhee!
                  Daniel: Sorry Sam...but this year's SO going to Taylor Hicks.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                    True. Even if they gave us a season or seven worth of crappy writing for Sam, they wouldn't be able to take away from the amazing character we know and love.

She's outgrown her creators.
                    Wonderfully stated, ReganX!

Originally posted by fishyone
                    I really like Sam's character, so I'm glad this thread exists.
                    Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    You know one of the things l like about Sam? I love how selfless she is. For instance, in the season finale
                    Spoiler:
                    when she's going out into space to meddle with the Ori gate. I was sitting there yelling "Are you crazy!? What are you doing!?" She was risking her life to go out there and do that. She is probably the most valuable asset Earth has, and she's going to go float around in space. Someone expendable could have done it, but she did it. I guess if you want it done right, do it yourself. I bet she never thought of herself as more valuable than anyone else. But seriously, if she weren't around, Earth would have never even made it past the first season. We NEED Sam.
                    She's always thinking about others and putting them first. It's just one of the many qualities about Sam I admire. Though, she does need to take some time for herself once
                    Spoiler:
                    they pull her out of space.
                    Great post, LA!

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    ok, so i guess MY idea of a good time isn't 'good enough' for our girl

so, she'd charter a jet and head off to this private island in the pacific. where she'd get the island????/ saving the world points

once there, she spends a week incommunicado, sunbathing, sleeping and relaxing. until a member of her team finds out where she is, calls in his own saved the world favors and joins her....and 'fade to black'
                    ROTFLOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Daniel...Give me back my phone! I only have 14 minutes left to vote for Katharine McPhee!
                      Daniel: Sorry Sam...but this year's SO going to Taylor Hicks.
                      who are these ppl you're talking about?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        Me! Me! Me! Sorry I was away and missed the first go-around! May I have one, Paradox Realities?

Sally, sorry I missed your birthday!
                        Hope it was wonderful!!!

Oooh, are these the neato badges? Can I have one please, PR? It's OK if you're feeling overwhelmed and would like to take a break. I can't quite remember my official title, and I'm pretty sure I haven't carried out my duties.

Second, I can't believe I missed Sally's birthday either!

Happy birthday, Sally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Second, I can't believe I missed Sally's birthday either!

Happy birthday, Sally!!!

i would have greened you with my thanks, but the frig is out.

so, thanks!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

i miss having meaty discussions on this thread. what can we talk about?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

i miss having meaty discussions on this thread. what can we talk about?

sally
                              Well... How about the general underrepresentation of women on the production side of Hollywood leading to atrophy in potentially strong female characters, and an extreme representation of males' fantasies being made manifest in the remains?

Comment

who are these ppl you're talking about?

sally
                                *gasp*

DUDE.

The two finalists for American Idol...although I had hoped I'd see Paris up there competing against Chris...but oh well.

It's just a silly caption folks!

But I loved that moment between Sam and Daniel...about Emmett leaving countless messages on his voice mail. LOL

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X