Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    ok, so i guess MY idea of a good time isn't 'good enough' for our girl

so, she'd charter a jet and head off to this private island in the pacific. where she'd get the island????/ saving the world points

once there, she spends a week incommunicado, sunbathing, sleeping and relaxing. until a member of her team finds out where she is, calls in his own saved the world favors and joins her....and 'fade to black'
    Sky,Sky,Sky, I am getting tired of having to fix everyone's typos. This is the last time After this you're on your own its:
    'fade to Jack' FCOL
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      an awkward silence permeates the corridor after sam and daniel open the locker room door while hammond changes.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        hey...Hey...HEY!!!!!!!!

Be gentle with your favorite Oooober. I bruise easily.

BUT...I can take a few hits for the cause of Samandan unity.

*smack's Ooooober*

Hey this is fun, we should do this more often
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Beakymoose
          So, just out of curiousity, who do all of you ship for, if you ship, that is? I started out S/J and have been converted by fishyone to S/D.
          I'm go for s/j but I don't mind if I don't see it onscreen. My imagination and fanfic are much better than the series
          -

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Sky,Sky,Sky, I am getting tired of having to fix everyone's typos. This is the last time After this you're on your own its:
            'fade to Jack' FCOL
            lolol
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sam/Vala is the new s10 OTP

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                You're right that the bond between Sam, Daniel and Teal'c doesn't seem to be as present as it was before. They don't feel like a family the way they did in Seasons One through Eight.

I can't help but think that this has been deliberate, that their friendship has been downplayed so that Mitchell doesn't look like an outsider, and I think that this is a huge mistake.

Their bond is what makes them SG-1. They're a family, not just three people who happen to work together.
                let's see if we can find one thing that *did* work in season 9? can anyone really say that anything written in season 9 was great? even though there was 'scenes' that worked, for me, the only *new* aspect i liked was landry.

i hope next season that a relationship between sam and landry is highlighted. since i like and respect him, i'd like their relay to be non argumentative. (and that wouldn't really fit with landry's personality)

sam with mitchell? i don't really care, as long as they take care of their mitchell writing problems.

sam with vala? i don't mind this one too much, and anything's better than vala being paired with daniel ep/scene after ep/scene.

sam with lam? i don't even know if lam's going to be on next season? but if she is, all i care about is her being written well.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                  DJ
                  TJ
                  Squee
                  ancient
                  i don't forget easily.
                  mine are other peoples' dieing?
                  i miss anyone?
                  Me! Me! Me! Sorry I was away and missed the first go-around! May I have one, Paradox Realities?

Sally, sorry I missed your birthday!
                  Hope it was wonderful!!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    let's see if we can find one thing that *did* work in season 9? can anyone really say that anything written in season 9 was great? even though there was 'scenes' that worked, for me, the only *new* aspect i liked was landry.
                    Landry was okay.
                    Spoiler:

I think, for me, one great scene was in Arthur's Mantle when Daniel shifted into Sam's dimension. The "Daniel!" that Sam gave was priceless (not to mention the brilliant smile). The whole scene was pretty good, actually. The room full of Sams in Ripple Effect was fun, too.

On edit: Oh, and the last ten minutes of the season with Sam floating in space was pretty spectacular.
                    Last edited by Strix varia; 24 May 2006, 04:43 AM.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      *smack's Ooooober*

Hey this is fun, we should do this more often
                      Oooowie.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        That really topped my bad day. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Landry was okay.

I think, for me, one great scene was in Arthur's Mantle when Daniel shifted into Sam's dimension. The "Daniel!" that Sam gave was priceless (not to mention the brilliant smile). The whole scene was pretty good, actually. The room full of Sams in Ripple Effect was fun, too.

On edit: Oh, and the last ten minutes of the season with Sam floating in space was pretty spectacular.

Those scenes were good. I thought it was funny in Arthur's Mantle
                          Spoiler:
                          when Sam and Daniel poked each other!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Landry was okay.

Agree to all the above.

I started to like Landry, although I cringed at the "Teal'c is family" line. It just seemed forced coming from him. Now from Hammond? Or Jack? That would have fit. I really liked him in Scourge...the way he saw the political game that was being played and called them on it.

Also in Scourge, I loved how Sam exuded leadership.

There she was...in a cave...with a bunch of whingy diplomats from all over the world (US, France, China etc.). She was under a LOT of pressure, and I think that a Sam from Season 1 or 2 might have been more amenable to coddling the beaurocrats.

This Sam though?

She was take charge. She was unshakable. She was dealing with the truth AS IS, not feeding them a more palatable lie that everything would be fine.

And her snark to Woolsey? That "I'll keep that in mind" line??? *shivers* VERY well done. Compare that Sam to the green and overly enthusiastic Sam of Cold Lazarus or Bloodlines.

She has truly come into her own over the last 10 years...and Amanda has done, I think, a brilliant job of showing the realistic evolution of an over eager Captain to a seasoned Colonel.

Thanks, Amanda, for 9 years...we look forward to much more from you as the years go on, on SG-1 or elsewhere.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Sam/Vala? AS IF.

Sam and Jack 4 EVA!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                That really topped my bad day. Thanks
                                Haha, dont give me that uncertain smiley! Sam/Vala ftw!

Comment

Working...
                                X