Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM
    That is exactly how I feel - you summed it up so well. I was pretty disappointed by the way Daniel acted when she came back in season 9. Sure he did
    Spoiler:
    say it was nice to have her back, and then in Ex Deus Machina he helped her move her stuff into her lab
    but it definitely wasn't up to par with the way they interacted in season 8, as least IMO. I wrote a fic to vent my frustration with this, as well as with the fact that Vala was being added to the mix this season. There's quite a bit of angst in it and I didn't advertise it anywhere because I thought many would find at least some of the characters (especially Sam) out of character. It did help me feel better to write it, though.
    But anyway, I agree with you. And that's one reason why I hope Vala won't be paired with Daniel in every episode that he appears in because I think it would really strain the bonds he has with Sam and Teal'c. It would be nice to see them do with her like they did with Jonas... but I'm also being a bit optimistic, I think.
    I undertand completely S9 has been so...I was going to say out of character, but I think more out of sync with the whole SG realm, that its more like an AU I wrote my own fic to show how things should be fixed up!
    Repercussions
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      It's not the length of time they went without talking-I've gone two weeks without talking to my best friend in another state because life sometimes does that to you. It's just that when Sam and Daniel, and Sam and Teal'c, and Daniel and Teal'c, and the three of them were together this year they just didn't seem to have that old 'click'. The concern for one another, or the friendship beats they used to throw in.

Ethon was the only episode where I felt that concern they used to have for each other. Remember in, I think it was Ascension, when Daniel asked Jack how Sam was-and Jack went on in his typical 'well the situation is thus and such' and Daniel just nodded and repeated, with a bit more emphasis "How's Sam?" Or Teal'c's concern for Sam when Jack was missing, and visa versa.

I miss the light, friendship moments too. Arthur's Mantle was the first time all season where it felt like Sam was friends with any of these guys, and not just co-workers. Remember Daniel teasing Sam about going to Sci-Fi movies that she knows she'll hate? Or the 'What's a girl to do?" scene from Space Race?

I want more of that for Sam next season. And yes, I want to see more of it with Daniel and Teal'c than Mitchell and Vala. Those are the relationships that are established, are important. If all I got was Sam beats with Mitchell or Vala, well call me Negative Nellie but I won't be satisfied.

Edited to add: I believe this was my 600th post!
      Agree on all points, Deejay! Maybe I wasn't watching Ethon closely enough, but I didn't get much concern from Daniel about Sam and vice versa there... especially at the part where
      Spoiler:
      Sam talks to him on the phone and he says almost glibly, "Sam, nice to hear your voice." Sam answers with "you too."
      I didn't hear much concern in that, and I guess there was no room for them to sound extremely concerned with all that was going on around them. But the level of concern didn't seem as up there as it did in New Order. Or maybe I'm paranoid...

I was talking with a few friends once and we'd floated around an idea for a campaign to save the Sam, Teal'c and Daniel friendship, just like that "Save Daniel Jackson" campaign. We didn't think it would ever catch on, though, so we scrapped the idea. I sent a letter to TPTB voicing most of the concerns that you addressed. I guess it probably didn't do any good, but it helped me get some things off my chest.

I'm with you in wanting to see more of the established relationships. There was talk of
      Spoiler:
      an angsty scene between Sam and Daniel for the second episode of S10
      but that was a while back and I guess they could have gotten rid of it since then... but I really hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        daniel insists that calling jack to tell him they stole his car is a funny idea.

or

daniel realises just how short that skirt is as sam gets into the car. later that day, teal'c queries daniel about his new black eye and broken glasses.

an awkward silence permeates the corridor after sam and daniel open the locker room door while hammond changes.
        LOL... thanks for the laughs. I needed some cheering up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          You don't even want to know where my head went with the words pole and cave in one sentence. Then again, it was ship related, so maybe you do I'm reading backwards here, so this could have been the intention of course.
          wwwooooooo!!! (i really can't stop myself from doing that!)

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
            I'd like to virtually slap all the people that can't see the beauty and common sense of my ship.

Honestly, I never intended to convert beakymoose. I just let her read my fic. She did the rest.

And I love my fic and my ship, and nothing will change that. So smack me virtually as much as you want, but I'm happy where I am.
            Hmmm? does that mean beakymoose can be converted to any ship by well written fanfic? If so I'm sure she will be inundated my many fic recs

Hey beakymoose have you noticed my fanfic links under my sig
            (I do some S/J but I do stick to cannon, hehehe as mini found out )
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              thats exactly how i feel about it too. i just can't see it like that. i saw the potential once, i think it was in season 2's "holiday". funny enough i think that was an RCC episode, which is odd because while i've seen them as friends since he took over, and i did believe that he was originally an s/d shipper which i think lingered even into his early days of running the show (i.e. when daniel came back and asked if there was ever anything between them) i found less and less evidence of this as his time as show runner went on. and no evidence of this in season 9. none at all. i guess he has a new fave ship now for daniel or something. hard to say though, i've always found that guy's direction and influence for the characters tough to figure out. never sure where he's coming from.

anyway, i personally have always seen sam and daniels relationship as being sibling like. early on with sam as the younger sibling almost in awe of her older brother, but later on that role varied and changed.

i've always seen sam and teal'cs relationship as being far more complicated. sibling like in a way, but with much more depth and many more layers to it.

i can see the potential for sam and mitchell to develop a sibling like relationship on the show, but i think it would be more of an annoying little brother/sister type of one than what sam and daniel have. but still all in good fun, and rarely serious. and hopefully professional (and i don't mean from sams POV, because we know she's almost always professional when needed).

i don't think that sam could ever develop a relationship with vala like what she had with janet. but i do think that they can be friends. good friends even. and i look forward to seeing how they develop it.

i think we all know how i see her relationship with jack, so i'll leave it out.

and this post is really developing a life of its own so i'll leave out the rest of the cast.

oh me and my rambling. somebody hit me now!
              I agree with you on RCC. I believe that Singularity was one of his eps too (which surprised me actually). I also remember reading an early interview that said there could have been something between Sam and Daniel if Sha're wasn't in the picture. Note that this was said in season 1 or 2 and S/J people please don't shoot the messenger - I only read this interview, didn't write it, LOL

As I said before, most of my "ship" moments are from earlier on and from a few here and there in s7 and 8... I know I will not see it onscreen... so I carry the torch offscreen. Personally I love them as the Science Twins...putting their heads together to solve something important like they did in Cold Lazarus, Thor's Chariot, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                Daniel: "I was in the john and Thor came in - finally saw how they do it! Snuk a pic - wanna see?"

[edit: this was brought to you by the expression on Daniel's face... ]
                LOL.... That must be an interesting pic...

Thanks for the laughs!

Comment

Originally posted by Beakymoose
                  So, just out of curiousity, who do all of you ship for, if you ship, that is? I started out S/J and have been converted by fishyone to S/D.
                  I stand corrected of my earlier post (the one with the crying Daniel smiley)... I am not alone here! Great to see ya again Beaky! ((hugs))

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Hmmm? does that mean beakymoose can be converted to any ship by well written fanfic? If so I'm sure she will be inundated my many fic recs

Hey beakymoose have you noticed my fanfic links under my sig
                    (I do some S/J but I do stick to cannon, hehehe as mini found out )
                    thats it. i'm gonna start writing my sam/thor/teal'c fic right now.

EDIT: ah nuts, it says well written fanfic. foiled again.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                      To each their own indeed, cause I find it very difficult to see Sam and Daniel in a romantic sense. I won't throw anything though!

I think fic is a sanctuary for all of us. It's where we read and/or write something we want to see in the show, but know it probably won't ever happen.

And don't feel all alone. Everyone here at Samanda loves Sam. It's something we all share, despite who we pair her with!
                      *sniffle* Thanks, I really appreciate that. I feel better now.

Comment

I'd like to virtually slap all the people that can't see the beauty and common sense of my ship.

Honestly, I never intended to convert beakymoose. I just let her read my fic. She did the rest.

And I love my fic and my ship, and nothing will change that. So smack me virtually as much as you want, but I'm happy where I am.
                        Ah, fishyone! My ship sis! Lol... great comments, I agree wholeheartedly!

Comment

Ship or not, I really like Sam's character, so I'm glad this thread exists.
                          Yep, that's the most important thing, especially with some of the Sam-bashing out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            I undertand completely S9 has been so...I was going to say out of character, but I think more out of sync with the whole SG realm, that its more like an AU I wrote my own fic to show how things should be fixed up!
                            Repercussions
                            It does seem like an AU at times, doesn't it. I know a girl who keeps insisting that it's an AU because of how the whole timeline thing ended up at the end of Moebius Part 2.

Fic looks interesting so far...

Comment

since we discussed a few pages ago who would play sam's mother, either in au or in flashback, i thought of a new question.

who do you think would be suited to play sam either as a teenager or in her early 20's?
                              the thing is though, that AT is so good in the role, that i can't really think of anyone else playing her, younger version or not.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                                To each their own indeed, cause I find it very difficult to see Sam and Daniel in a romantic sense. I won't throw anything though!

I think fic is a sanctuary for all of us. It's where we read and/or write something we want to see in the show, but know it probably won't ever happen.

And don't feel all alone. Everyone here at Samanda loves Sam. It's something we all share, despite who we pair her with!
                                it's very much 'to each his own'

i mean, s/d folks think they're a minority....have you looked for sam/teal'c fic lately???? i mean really looked??? I've written most of it. And Geonn and Adi have written a good chunk of the rest.

Everyone here is here because they like sam, regardless of ship pairings or not wanting ship pairings. so let's respect each others' likes/dislikes and simply enjoy our like/love/preference for sam
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X