Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    hey, strix! where's the rest of the freakin story?
    (stronger hint)
    Rest of which story? (sorry, too much sun this weekend!)

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      my ever-so-subtle-and-charming plead for a sequal. NOW!! EDIT: oh, it does say "which" (thanks mandy). "Under Fire".
      Originally posted by sally
      there, now she'll do what i say.
      she better!! feel the wrath of sally i don't want to see her quit acting either!! i love her as a director, but she's just such GOOD GREAT FREAKING AMAZING actress!!
      Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 21 May 2006, 07:39 PM.
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc

I'm still hoping for that third spinoff where Carter is commander of the Odyssey with AU Janet as the doctor. Put a stargate on the Odyssey, fill out the crew, and you'll all set for some great adventures!
        oh, man, i sooooooooo want this to happen!!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Why Under Fire of course
          And where did you find sun this weekend, its been rainy and cold, and this is our long weekend, our first chance to go camping weekend and try not to freeze your butt off
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            I often just skim through fanfic but this one I printed it out-- which is high praise from me.
            Hmm, Strix, that reminds me--how's the new one coming?
            I worked on it some last week. It's getting close.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              I think he was the fireman who slid down the fire pole. I think b/c Chris Judge's family members were invited to appear, AT asked her husband if he'd like to be on. I love Firefighter Sam. Even as briefly as we saw her in that persona, I thought she was very believable as a firefighter--or at least as a tv firefighter. Maybe those in the know could say how believable she seemed.
              She pulled it off.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Why Under Fire of course
                And where did you find sun this weekend, its been rainy and cold, and this is our long weekend, our first chance to go camping weekend and try not to freeze your butt off
                It was blistering hot here today. I think the heat index was over 100 degrees F. And we're back in a drought cycle.

Trade?

My LJ

Comment

The interview was interesting. If that was done after GABIT last year, and she thought she was going to be directing and producing in five years... that might indicate she knows/knew that her role on SG-1 isn't/wasn't going to last too long.

Which is okay with me as long as she is happy with that.

My LJ

Comment

It probably had more to do with the fact that the show is now 10 years old, and back then MGM weren't enthusing over them quite so publicly. I would think she was thinking of the show ending, not her involvement with it ending. But hey, they should all know by now, Stargate is the show that never ends despite all indications and expectations

The interview was interesting. If that was done after GABIT last year, and she thought she was going to be directing and producing in five years... that might indicate she knows/knew that her role on SG-1 isn't/wasn't going to last too long.

Which is okay with me as long as she is happy with that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      It probably had more to do with the fact that the show is now 10 years old, and back then MGM weren't enthusing over them quite so publicly. I would think she was thinking of the show ending, not her involvement with it ending. But hey, they should all know by now, Stargate is the show that never ends despite all indications and expectations
                      I'm not sure who said it, but there was a quote about Sam going through the gate using her walker
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        yeah we do I dunno if you read the Sunday Herald Sun newspaper, but a few months back Amanda was the little quiz thing they have at the back of the TV Guide with the crossword
                        I'm not talking about crosswords - seen a few in TV Week with Teal'c/Chris Judge in it - I'm talking about real stuff, information etc...Our media seems to forget about Stargate and a lot of sci fi shows. The only place I can get any information is on the net.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                          But wasn't this about the time that they were plugging season 9 as a "new beginning" for the show? And talking about how it could go on for years?

I'm not trying to stir up anything... I just thought it was curious. And I suppose part of me was hoping that she might still play a role somewhere in the SG-universe in Atlantis or the third series or whatever. But it doesn't sound like she was thinking that at this point in time. Of course, that was then... and plans change. Who knows when they cooked up the idea for the third series.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            she better!! feel the wrath of sally i don't want to see her quit acting either!! i love her as a director, but she's just such GOOD GREAT FREAKING AMAZING actress!!

i have powers!!

uses powers--> sam will marry jack!!

there, more powers of the all knowing (sometimes) and all powerful (moderately) sally.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

LOL!!... we hope eventally
                              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I think Amanda has been wanting to direct again since she had her first chance in Season 7 with Resurrection. It would not surprise me at all to her more talk from her about wanting to move more in that direct in the furture. Every con I have seen her at except comic con since then if asked about directing you can see her light up. In Vancouver she was not asked about directing on stage but when I went thru the autograph line I said something about directing to her and even though they were trying to keep the lines moving she lite up and stopped signing for a minute to talk about how much she would love to direct again. If the Stargate franchise does not give her the chance to direct in the future and someone else makes the offer I could see her leaving to direct for someone else. Lets face it the good acting jobs for a female 40+ are few and far between, if AT could break into the role of director she would make herself much more marketable in the business.

Personally I thought she did a fantastic job with directing and acting in Resurrection especially with what was a weak script in my view.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X