Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Yeah. Due South showed on one of the cable networks in the U.S., I think in the mid-nineties, but I never watched it. Goosebumps was on the Family Channel (when it was independent, I think, before it was sold to Fox/ABC/Fox) and Flash Forward was on The Disney Channel. But those shows evidently got a 10- to 20-ep run or whatever, and then just repeated over and over again.

It's funny how you can kinda look back at series in the nineties, and pretty much figure out which ones were done in Canada - there's a distinct look to them... I think it's the trees. Hey, was Northern Exposure filmed in Canada, too?
    Had to go and look it up, but Northern Exposure wasn't filmed in Candad, it was filmed in Roslyn, Washington. Other wise we probably have seen Amanda on it (whew, what a way to get back on topic )
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Had to go and look it up, but Northern Exposure wasn't filmed in Candad, it was filmed in Roslyn, Washington. Other wise we probably have seen Amanda on it (whew, what a way to get back on topic )
      Haha, yes, very nice. OK, OK, name the series you wish you could see or could've seen AT in.

"West Wing" was listed last week during that discussion. I know I've got a couple of pals in here who'd agree with me when I say "Law and Order: SVU."

Since she seems to like it so much (and I've gotten back into it, myself), "ER" would be cool, too.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i want to share a story i did once (in my head) that i thought would make a kick-butt episode!

i won't go into big details, but it was about sam being left behind on a hostile (invironment) planet...

sally
        Sounds good. You should write it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
          I have to add in my vote here for "Grace" as best Sam episode for season 7. I really like this episode for Sam because it shows her determination and ingenuity. She's all alone, injured, with only her instincts to guide her. Yeah, she sees the others, but they're imaginary.
          That's kind of a shortened version of why I vote for that episode. Believe me, I can and do go novel length.
          same here. i voted for grace i think its a great episode

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz

I voted for Grace. It was a 99.5% Sam episode and it was the first time I really took AT's acting abilities to heart. She acted out every emotion with finesse and made me think,"Wow!"
            That's a case where I'd probably vote for Grace as best AT acting, but not best episode.

Comment

Arggg! Decisions decisions I feel like I'm at a tennis match going back and forth You guys keep giving good reasons to vote for different episodes.
              I guess I'll have to use the tried and true method
              *eenie meenie minie moe*
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I go for Good Carter. Could Evil/Repli-Carter pull this off...

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                  I go for Good Carter. Could Evil/Repli-Carter pull this off...

Spoiler:
                  Yeah, RepliCarter would have no trouble pulling off that silky number... and then...
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    That's a case where I'd probably vote for Grace as best AT acting, but not best episode.
                    I'm in complete agreement with you, jckfan55.

Comment

Not to sound dumb, but where and when are we voting?
                      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18
                        Not to sound dumb, but where and when are we voting?
                        PM your vote to Skydiver.
                        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Lokii
                          It seems to me that season 7 was to see if AT could take the ball and run with it as the lead. I think she did a great job.

But Sam did get rather beat up in this season.
                          At least she had plenty to do in Season Seven. If all I had ever seen of Stargate was Season Nine, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you the first thing about Sam - or anything else really; I'd have been bored silly very quickly.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            At least she had plenty to do in Season Seven. If all I had ever seen of Stargate was Season Nine, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you the first thing about Sam - or anything else really; I'd have been bored silly very quickly.
                            I agree I would have seen the Daniel and Vala show and turned the channel, never to turn it back to SG1
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              I agree I would have seen the Daniel and Vala show and turned the channel, never to turn it back to SG1
                              All I can say is thank Heaven for DVDs and a very persistent friend who threatened my life if I didn't give the show a chance.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                                PM your vote to Skydiver.
                                yeah, just a reminder, i only count what comes to me via pm's or e-mails (or rep points )

if you just say so in the thread, i won't count it
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X