Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    ok. I'll DO IT! seriously though, my image doesn't show up on film. i actually use this avatar because it looks better than me!
    But then you might get in trouble for identity theft
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      oh, and time for my reminder....vote for the best sam eps of s7.

as of now, i have two, yes two votes. so if you have a choice, pm/e-mail it to me
      thanks for the reminder, sky.

i usually make my decision and send it to you pronto, but season 7's choices were just too hard for me. there were just too many eps that, while not 'sam' eps, had some awesome sam stuff in them. some that stuck out at me were --

space race
      grace
      death knell
      heroes 1
      heroes 2
      lost city 1
      lost city 2

but giving it a day or two and suddenly having this come back the forefront, i'm having no second thoughts picking 'grace'. i'll send my vote to you now via email.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        But then you might get in trouble for identity theft
        oh please! i may be a barbie, but i can so kick fry's butt! (and matt groenings too, he looks weak as a kitten! and you can tell him i said that. )

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          I'm having a Sam Carter appreciation morning. And I'm shamelessly OK with that. LOL

(snip)

SAM CARTER IS THE BEST DAMN FEMALE CHARACTER ON TELEVISION TODAY.

In my books at least, that is no small basket of potatoes to lay claim to.

mini(the unashamed Sam Carter fangurl)geek

-

*applauds*

i've had my 'sam/amanda appreciation days' too, and aren't they wonderful!?

sam/amanda grabbed my attention from the get-go, and became my fave character by the third ep. and all that's changed is the amount of feelings behind it.

sam/amanda, your rock!!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            thanks for the reminder, sky.

i usually make my decision and send it to you pronto, but season 7's choices were just too hard for me. there were just too many eps that, while not 'sam' eps, had some awesome sam stuff in them. some that stuck out at me were --

space race
            grace
            death knell
            heroes 1
            heroes 2
            lost city 1
            lost city 2

but giving it a day or two and suddenly having this come back the forefront, i'm having no second thoughts picking 'grace'. i'll send my vote to you now via email.

sally
            i picked death knell. personal sam; her interactions with jacob at the start and the end, and with jack at the end. soldier sam; pretty much the entire thing. tough sam; again, the entire show. scientist sam; the start. scientist sam mixed with soldier sam; kicking super soldier butt with a modified UAV.

and lots of other sams mixed in. mmmm stealthy sam, mmmm.

grace was definitely on the short list though, along with avenger 2.0 and space race which i know a lot of people hate, but i loved, and heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Sure! Under pen names, of course. They wanted to explore their creativity, but they still had future opportunities to worry about. For those who don't know, She Spies was EASILY an Emmy Award-winning show about three female spies and their adventures. Think "Murder She Wrote" meets MTV, and you've got it.

But you're still cast as the token "oddball" brunette stargate barbie, if that makes any difference. At least work would be fun, because you'd get two really cool people as castmates.
              The "oddball" brunette Stargate Barbie? Is that anything like Kate Jackson's (Sabrina Duncan) role on Charlie's Angels?

Comment

the sam that knew that she just needed to hang on

i flash forward to gup and what sam says about 'your job is to stay alive until your team can come and get you'
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  thats it! i call it right now!

(maybe we can both have it, and we can start our own stargate barbie club. that'll learn them lousy barbie mockers!)
                  *Snurch away*

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    *Snurch away*
                    Don't have to tell me twice!

(thanks)

Comment

wow. thread's moving fast. (or are we just talking about Jack/Kawalsky and my crazy p/at thing?)

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                      I realize that after they had a more "obvious" scene, someone [PDL?] said that that wasn't what he had intended and they rerecorded that scene, but by then I thought the other scenes had been recorded and had been left in because there wasn't any obvious romantic connection in them. I thought the other scenes were so vague that they decided not to reshoot them. This is just what I thought, though, I have no idea if that is what happened. I probably thought this because there does seem to be a level of "familiarity" between BlackMitchell and BlackSam that normally isn't quite that obvious.
                      yeah, that's what i read happened. not that i actually agree, but would you like to speculate on why BlackMitchell and BlackSam were closer than ours? get more insight on our guys relationship.

Yes, I agree, spoilers do mean something, but they are only spoiling a few scenes, not the entire season. And I, too, would love to see a lot of team interaction, but I would add a Mitchell into your scenerios: Sam interacting with everyone and Mitchell interacting with everyone. Just my personal bias.
                      you're right, they do just spoil a few scenes, and its up to us to speculate on how well that represents the season. for me, based on past exprience...ah well.

i would love mitchell interaction, would really help me except (ok, tolerate) his character. just didn't list it because this is a sam thread, and i felt dangerously OT as it was. you know what i REALLY want from sam&mitchell though? she needs to knock him down a few (ten) pegs. then they can start to develop thier platrelationship.

And my apologies, but what does "samp" mean? I guess the first part is "sam", but, "p"?
                      DEM got it!!! yay! oh god...:shudder: :headdesk: OUT, DEM! out of my head! right now! you're not SUPPOSED to get it. you're supposed to be hopelessly lost and ignore me!

Originally posted by spazzy
                      And I alternate from being with Chillin and being with PR on the side of the "forced" friendship. Pragmatically, I think making Sam and Cam the bestest of buds, but not really explaining it, was their bizarre way of trying to make nice with the Sam fans out there. As a result, I sometimes wonder if their buddy-buddy stuff isn't a tad bit on the forced side. But that's only if I think to much about it.
                      yes, well i tend to do that a lot. (no, really) probably why i can't stand it. they seem to have slight (or big honkin) problems with most groups this season.

Originally posted by spazzy
                      On the other hand, I'd like to see some legitimately cool Sam and Cam (hehe) friendship scenes, just for the sake of our sanity. They had a chance to make some conflict between characters, but they took the easy road. But I can handle the easy road of Sam-n-Camdom (<--really read that word wrong), if they just do it well and consistently.
                      so who can't tell what word i like in that?

of course there was hot, burning passion between Jack and Kalwalsky! spazzy, come on!
                      sigpic
                      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I'm just going to sit back, relax and keep refreshing the page to watch Kat's sig rotations go by....They are awesome and "The windows to the soul" is so mesmerizing
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          True. I'm sure the gossip mill was already going, and that would only feed fuel to the fire. Calling each other by their rank, surname, etc. helps them stay professional. I think if they called each other by their given names, it would sort of break down the wall they've so carefully constructed. Like why Sam(in my opinion) never agreed to go fishing. She knew if she did, something might happen between them. They already walk a fine line with the teasing and flirting. Calling each other Sam and Jack would only help make that line less distinct. Not that I would mind hearing them call each other by their first names...
                          Jack did call her Sam a few times in the early seasons--such as when she was waiting for CAssie to blow up. But I agree that somewhere along the way, probably to keep that professional wall up, he stopped doing it. Even in Divide and Conquer he says something like "I'd rather die than lose Carter"--not Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            I'm just going to sit back, relax and keep refreshing the page to watch Kat's sig rotations go by....They are awesome and "The windows to the soul" is so mesmerizing
                            So am I. I love Kat's sigs. They're so much fun. I just got the Bob the Builder (or should that be Sam the Soldier) one, which made me smile. Has Kallesta been inspiring you again, Kat?
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              So am I. I love Kat's sigs. They're so much fun. I just got the Bob the Builder (or should that be Sam the Soldier) one, which made me smile. Has Kallesta been inspiring you again, Kat?
                              what say we make a Kat [and AD] sig appreciation thread? i have yet to be the bob the builder sig but i love the "RDA diet".
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                                what say we make a Kat [and AD] sig appreciation thread? i have yet to be the bob the builder sig but i love the "RDA diet".
                                Oooh, I've not come across the RDA diet one yet! I'm just trying to sort out my rotating sigs, but they aren't Sam related, unfortunately
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X