Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deejay435
    Oh, I hadn't caught that one of Sam, well I thought they were regular guns. I wish the Zat smilies had the energy more in lines than balls. If that makes sense.
    they're probably harder to animate that way
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      rofl, fic spam!

The Race by Kish
      snerk, cute, very cute

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        And more fic, this one is kinda cracktastic though
        Life-Sized for a Dough-Boy. It's about the Pillsbury Dough-Boy, read the author's notes for more info
        wow. i never knew that there were people more odd than i in sg-1 fandom, but, here we are. uuummmm... what can i say? i actually loved this. all is forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Hey guess what? Something I've done has been nominated for a Stargate Fan Award.

Hey guess what: Part Deux? I don't know what it is. LOL

I contacted the person from there who emailed me to notify me and they said they'd get back to me on it.

... i got this notification too.

... and i don't remember writing anything.

guess i need to contact this person too.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

they'll contact you. wait for it

sigpic

Comment

MajorSal
              Mandy
              Oooober
              ReganX
              Scarimor
              Seldear
              Sky
              Strix

Congrats Sally. And what a birthday surprise for you, eh? Now... keep em coming, and we'll keep a list so that everyone knows whose stuff is out there!
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Samandan Cards:
                to those talented writers we got (nommed or not), if you wanna add a "royal scribe" title to your card, stick this on there (just line it up with the background)

pretty cool, huh? (cool as in saves me a WHOLE lotta work)

congrats sally, mandy, oooober, regan, scari, seldear, sky, and strix and everyone else who can do that...word stuff. its neat, i like reading it.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  I read Sally's letter and thought it was very good! I also read someone's reply to her letter. It suggested that perhaps TPTB were trying to give AT a break since she was a new mother, which makes sense. I can only hope that is why her presence was limited in season 9(not counting the 1st five eps). However, that doesn't account for the poor usage of such a great character. Anyway, great job Sally and bring on Sam in S10!!!!!
                  thanks, LA Doyle.

i just finished reading that reply, actually, and was stunned at the... uh.

i'm not going to reply to that person, but i made it very clear in my letter that i understood why 'amanda' was missing, and that i thought 'sam's' reasons were poorly handled in the show.

also, if i were going to reply (don't want to turn this letters section into a war), i'd say that ppl like joe mallozzi knew full well how we were responding to SAM'S reduced time and such, so he could have said it was amanda's choice. for a fact, NO power that be ever said to any of amanda's fans that sam's reduced placement on the show were to help amanda not have as much time on the set. if, in fact, this is true, it would have made a LOT of difference in how we sam/amanda fans reacted to sam's time on screen. but no one said this to us, which leads me to believe that that reason is not the main reason. sound logical?

oh, and 'special k, made another letter/reply. got to love that girl...

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Most likely it will be majorsal sneaking up on scarimor with a zat gun
                    I don't know if there is anywhere you can hide scari
                    SSHHH.... don't give away my plan.

(((scari)))

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      thanks, LA Doyle.

i'm not going to reply to that person, but i made it very clear in my letter that i understood why 'amanda' was missing, and that i thought 'sam's' reasons were poorly handled in the show.

also, if i were going to reply (don't want to turn this letters section into a war), i'd say that ppl like joe mallozzi knew full well how we were responding to SAM'S reduced time and such, so he could have said it was amanda's choice. for a fact, NO power that be ever said to any of amanda's fans that sam's reduced placement on the show were to help amanda not have as much time on the set. if, in fact, this is true, it would have made a LOT of difference in how we sam/amanda fans reacted to sam's time on screen. but no one said this to us, which leads me to believe that that reason is not the main reason. sound logical?

sally
                      and - just for good measure - when I asked mallozzi on the AJM thread if AT was back "full-time" he said yes. Plus I recall reading an interview wherein AT herself said she was back working 12 hour days - seems as if she did not ask for reduced time and in fact did not get reduced time AT work even though the character she plays was pushed to the background (bordering on wallpaper in many eps) - seems cruel to have her sticking around the set for 12 hour days when they are not utilizing her to the fullest so I would say that Mr. James' argument backfired on him as once again those enamored with S9 use supposition that has no basis in fact to counter rationale statements made by those with at least more info from what has been said and written by and about the actors themselves. (Jeepers if AT was spending 12 hours a day on set to film the minimalisitic part she played BB must have been on set for 24 hours a day plus some to film his super-hewo stories - sorry still in my bitter, disgusted, had-it-up-to-here mode).

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Hey that's just the start of my next soon to be nominated for a pulizer prize fic

Anyway blame scarimor, I know I do
                        Nuts, all you you. I've missed you guys the last few days.

You know you've been corrupted when Ba-al/Spaz/Teal'c and THor/Sam/Kvasir don't even make you blink.

and
                        :spaz:
                        because Teal'c has a big...staff

Suse
                        running and hiding
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          thanks, LA Doyle.

sally
                          It would have made a HUGE difference. I'm sitting here thinking that Sam's getting pushed to the background, when in fact, AT is just getting some time off to be a mom...if only. I don't think that was the reason at all, but it would have been nice if it were. It would have been especially nice for TPTB to tell us if that were the case. Yes, Sally. It sounds very logical.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                            Nuts, all you you. I've missed you guys the last few days.

You know you've been corrupted when Ba-al/Spaz/Teal'c and THor/Sam/Kvasir don't even make you blink.

and
                            :spaz:
                            because Teal'c has a big...staff

Suse
                            running and hiding
                            Hugs (((Suse)))

*Hmm now who can we pair or OT3 Suse with* Bwhahahaha
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                              Samandan Cards:
                              to those talented writers we got (nommed or not), if you wanna add a "royal scribe" title to your card, stick this on there (just line it up with the background)

pretty cool, huh? (cool as in saves me a WHOLE lotta work)

congrats sally, mandy, oooober, regan, scari, seldear, sky, and strix and everyone else who can do that...word stuff. its neat, i like reading it.
                              Thanks PR it worked out nicely
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                ... ...

Kat, make sure you have them put on my tombstone, "Killed by Mandy" in big, bold print, k?
                                Awww, is she being mean again? I think it may be time for a time-out.

Comment

Working...
                                X