-Heroes Part II:
      Spoiler:

-Resurrection:
      Spoiler:

-Lost City Part I:
      Spoiler:

-Lost City Part II:
      Spoiler:

No pics for Inauguration for the same reason than Disclosure, Sam is only in the opening credits and in the clips.

Good luck with the votes.
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
        I can see Lindsay Wagner as Sam's mum (the bionic woman) and she's blonde too! Anyway, that just happens to be how I feel about it! What do you think?? Can't see Sally Field as Sam's mum at all.!!!!!
        In looks and stature, no but inheriting strength and character, oh yes

Comment

I've not been one to campaign for an episode thus far, but I am getting off my backside and campaigning for HEROES for the Season Seven episode. More specifically, Heroes Part Two, and not for the reasons you might think. For those of you who missed my post the other week, I'm going to repost it here as my Heroes campaign.

--------------------------------------------

I sat down to eat a late lunch / early tea and flicked on the TV. I caught the title sequence of SG1 and decided to settle in for the long haul, realising it was season seven or eight from the credits that included Shanks and Davis. The opening shot and I screamed "HEROES PART TWO!!!" at the screen.

This is probably one of the most instantly recognisable episodes of Stargate. That opening scene post credits with Sam being cornered, even before you hear the voice of the interviewer, before you see the title appear, you know what it is.

During an ad break, it had the "Now, Next and Later" banner, declaring Sky to now be showing "The Best of Stargate SG1". And they certainly were showing the best. To me, Heroes was one of the real high points in SG1. The combination of acting, direction and writing was practically flawless. I loved how Cassie got a mention, despite the writers' track record regarding Janet's adopted daughter.

I can count eight different occasions on which I have watched Heroes Pt Two since Christmas. Goodness knows how many more previous to that. And the episode never ceases to amaze me. I sat there, in front of the TV, my knuckles white, pressed into my mouth and nose, tears running down my face. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, it has the same effect. Even my housemates, who (with one exception) don't watch SG1, on walking into the lounge, were captivated until the next ad break, when the magic broke.

Everyone always talks about the scene with Jack, that magical shippy hug and the famous memorial service. But there's so much more than that. Sam walking down the corridor, telling the film crew to "get that thing out of my face" as she cried. The attack, that slow motion sequence, muted sounds as Jack hits the floor. Hammond visiting Sam in her lab, asking how she's holding up. And Sam asking in return. Teal'c visiting Sam, presenting her with his proposed eulogy, and the hug. The scene in the infirmary, where Daniel tells Bergmann how he died in that bed, how Janet wouldn't let him go.

Was Heroes full of action? Well, it had action sequences. But it wasn't about action, it wasn't about CGI ships and blowing things up. It was about a team. A team whose bonds went beyond the call of duty, deep friendships and ties that noone could possibly understand. It's about human beings, about how they react and interact. Those small moments of worry for each other, frustration with themselves, need for someone to care for them.

That's what makes Heroes great. That's what makes Stargate great. That's what made this episode one of the "Best of Stargate SG1". Perhaps it's time the writers took note.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Good points TJ, but then I would have to come out of my own little world, where I decided Heros didn't really happen and Janet is still alive
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Good points TJ, but then I would have to come out of my own little world, where I decided Heros didn't really happen and Janet is still alive
              Think of it as an AU episode

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                I've not been one to campaign for an episode thus far, but I am getting off my backside and campaigning for HEROES for the Season Seven episode. More specifically, Heroes Part Two, and not for the reasons you might think. For those of you who missed my post the other week, I'm going to repost it here as my Heroes campaign.

--------------------------------------------

I sat down to eat a late lunch / early tea and flicked on the TV. I caught the title sequence of SG1 and decided to settle in for the long haul, realising it was season seven or eight from the credits that included Shanks and Davis. The opening shot and I screamed "HEROES PART TWO!!!" at the screen.

This is probably one of the most instantly recognisable episodes of Stargate. That opening scene post credits with Sam being cornered, even before you hear the voice of the interviewer, before you see the title appear, you know what it is.

During an ad break, it had the "Now, Next and Later" banner, declaring Sky to now be showing "The Best of Stargate SG1". And they certainly were showing the best. To me, Heroes was one of the real high points in SG1. The combination of acting, direction and writing was practically flawless. I loved how Cassie got a mention, despite the writers' track record regarding Janet's adopted daughter.

I can count eight different occasions on which I have watched Heroes Pt Two since Christmas. Goodness knows how many more previous to that. And the episode never ceases to amaze me. I sat there, in front of the TV, my knuckles white, pressed into my mouth and nose, tears running down my face. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, it has the same effect. Even my housemates, who (with one exception) don't watch SG1, on walking into the lounge, were captivated until the next ad break, when the magic broke.

Everyone always talks about the scene with Jack, that magical shippy hug and the famous memorial service. But there's so much more than that. Sam walking down the corridor, telling the film crew to "get that thing out of my face" as she cried. The attack, that slow motion sequence, muted sounds as Jack hits the floor. Hammond visiting Sam in her lab, asking how she's holding up. And Sam asking in return. Teal'c visiting Sam, presenting her with his proposed eulogy, and the hug. The scene in the infirmary, where Daniel tells Bergmann how he died in that bed, how Janet wouldn't let him go.

Was Heroes full of action? Well, it had action sequences. But it wasn't about action, it wasn't about CGI ships and blowing things up. It was about a team. A team whose bonds went beyond the call of duty, deep friendships and ties that noone could possibly understand. It's about human beings, about how they react and interact. Those small moments of worry for each other, frustration with themselves, need for someone to care for them.

That's what makes Heroes great. That's what makes Stargate great. That's what made this episode one of the "Best of Stargate SG1". Perhaps it's time the writers took note.
                I was wondering why Heroes wasn't part of the nominations! I love Heroes and especially part 2 which was the climax of the two parter.
                The emotion Sam (AT) showed was so heartfelt that I had to run for the tissue box.
                ..But as the best Sam episode in season 7, I have to pick Grace. Sam displayed every emotion in the book and took command of the situation. She over came her pain. When facing the worst odds, tuned into her inner strength and tenaciuosness through imagination, saving not only herself but the crew too.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  Leaving poor Sam caught in the middle. I'd say that she would have wanted to remain close to both of them; having lost her mother she would have drawn closer to the family she had left but with Mark and Jacob in opposite camps, she would have felt torn.

When she joined the Air Force, Jacob was probably delighted, even if he didn't actually show it but Mark saw it as a betrayal.
                  that's a lot of how i see it. sam was caught in the middle

i've always seen her trying to replace her mom in a way. overcompensating and trying to make things 'right'

but she was fighting a losing battle. she couldn't hope to fill the void

i also tend to think that this is why sam is so serious. she had to grow uptoo fast and isn't one to play
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ACK!!!!

no posts in two hours???

we can't have this
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      ACK!!!!

no posts in two hours???

we can't have this
                      Sorry, I've been trying to sort out oral exam stuff. (Yes, you, if you're lurking again, check your emails and respond, please!) Evil, evil French exams

Comment

LOL! No we can't Sky! (It's kinda tough though when you just came out of one all-morning meeting to grab a bite and soon to go back into another all-afternoon one, to be able to sneak a lurk to one's favorite haunts... )

It's interesting that I haven't see anyone mention AT playing Sam's mother. She'd be the right age right now. And since she'd proven that she can do 'double screen' type things so well, playing a variety of very distinct Sams.... I think she'd do an amazing job of playing 'Mom Carter' and making Mom a very distinct character separate from Sam ('real' and AU's).
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          It's interesting that I haven't see anyone mention AT playing Sam's mother. She'd be the right age right now.
                          But wouldn't that make Sam look like a clone?
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                            But wouldn't that make Sam look like a clone?
                            Baha, yeah. Kinda creepy, and a bit of a cop out, because it means that they wouldn't have had to look for anyone else to play the role.

It would have to be someone in their thirties or forties now, right? Not someone who's already in her fifties or sixties? So, as much I love Sally Field, that would rule her out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                              Jonas: "Sam, I thought this was supposed to be a remake of the Matrix."

Sam:" Aah, no Jonas. The Truth is elsewhere."

Teal'c: "Indeed."

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                              hehee! Very funny!
                              Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                              The Strongest Will Survive!
                              I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Baha, yeah. Kinda creepy, and a bit of a cop out, because it means that they wouldn't have had to look for anyone else to play the role.

It would have to be someone in their thirties or forties now, right? Not someone who's already in her fifties or sixties? So, as much I love Sally Field, that would rule her out.

If Sam is 40, then her mom unless having her before 18, would be at least in her 60's or older. I had my daughter at 23 and she's 24 now so that's 25 years difference. So it doesn't rule Sally out

Comment

Working...
                                X