Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deejay435
    Does anyone else ever see these clips posted and just...get hypnotized by them?

I think I just lost several hours of time.

Read this after I posted. I'm so glad I'm not the only hypnotized one here, then!
    Yeah, I love this scene. I just think it was so funny to see this brave women leap into her father's arms. I was just waiting for her scream 'Daddy!'
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 May 2006, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Yeah, I love this scene. I just think it was so funny to see this brave women leap into her father's arms. I just waiting for her scream 'Daddy!'
      Actually I was thinking that Jack probably thought "Jacob you took my spot."
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

LOL Kat - your homage to Bob The Builder sig is TOO FUNNY!

And as I head out the door to my own mum's place so we can whisk her away for dinner and dessert ...

HAPPY
        MOTHER'S DAY

TO ALL WHO CLAIM THE ROLE TODAY!

-Love & Hugs,
        mini
        (I ain't nuthin' but a dog's mom!) geek
        Last edited by minigeek; 14 May 2006, 10:25 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I have a question for a fic I'm writing. What is the insignia for a Colonel? I know they have referred to a "full bird" Colonel, but I'm not sure Jack would be calling them his birds? I know majors' are oak leaves and they refer to them as such, but I'm snagged on what they refer to the Colonel's

Edit: oh yea is it "ten hut" they say when they call the troop to attention or is that just my hearing going?
          Last edited by Mandysg1; 14 May 2006, 10:50 AM.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            I have a question for a fic I'm writing. What is the insignia for a Colonel? I know they have referred to a "full bird" Colonel, but I'm not sure Jack would be calling them his birds? I know majors' are oak leaves and they refer to them as such, but I'm snagged on what they refer to the Colonel's
            I am just guessing here, because I've never heard it in conversation: would he say "Eagles"?
            scarimor

Comment

Edit: oh yea is it "ten hut" they say when they call the troop to attention or is that just my hearing going?

They do say "attention" like that. Or sometimes it sounds like "tennnnSHUN!" Or variations
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor

They do say "attention" like that. Or sometimes it sounds like "tennnnSHUN!" Or variations
                or a-TEN-hut! i sure there's an actual regulation way to say it, but darned it i actually remember it. as long as u have the prep and execution commands, you're pretty much good. and god forbid you actually say "attention", lol. (actually, we do...sometimes)

now you've got me wanting to hunt down the reg. bleh.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                  or a-TEN-hut! i sure there's an actual regulation way to say it, but darned it i actually remember it. as long as u have the prep and execution commands, you're pretty much good. and god forbid you actually say "attention", lol. (actually, we do...sometimes)

now you've got me wanting to hunt down the reg. bleh.
                  Oooo I'll be waiting patiently thank goodness for Find and Replace
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oooo I'll be waiting patiently thank goodness for Find and Replace
                    wait...you mean i actually have to? ugh....

ok, got it:
                    [phonetic]
                    1 (address): Flite
                    2 (upbeat)
                    3 (prep): Tench
                    4 (exc): HUT!
                    allow 2 beats--1 beat address ("Squadron"), 1 beat relay--per element commander (squadron, flight, etc)
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

they call them eagles to the best of my knowledge, because that's what they are, little silver eagles
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

wait...you mean i actually have to? ugh....

ok, got it:
                        [phonetic]
                        1 (address): Flite
                        2 (upbeat)
                        3 (prep): Tench
                        4 (exc): HUT!
                        allow 2 beats--1 beat address ("Squadron"), 1 beat relay--per element commander (squadron, flight, etc)
                        Okaaay *wonders if PR has been celebrating mother's Day *
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          they call them eagles to the best of my knowledge, because that's what they are, little silver eagles
                          yes ma'am, they are. you can call them birds as well. captains where "bars".

mandy, it means the command is "Tench-HUT!" and what's that supposed to mean!?!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ahhh...cheers and happy mother's day
                            thanks PR
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Isn't that where Jack keeps his fishing gear?

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                                Isn't that where Jack keeps his fishing gear?
                                Oh I thought that's where they were on P3X-595 when Sam removed her...
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X